Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ireland 2-0 Faroe Islands.What you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Ireland 2-0 Faroe Islands.What you think?

Totally useless team the faroes .Definetely deserved to win.Miller had terrible game,Keano broke record and Roy got man of match.Not been cocky but we honestely deserved plenty more goals.But overall a good victory-TOP OF THE GROUP YYYYYEEEEESSSSS
    Last edited by sligoman; 13/10/2004 at 8:30 PM.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    22 shots on goal, shame we couldnt have had a couple more goals

oh well top of the group, no injurys and 2 goals for keane, now top irish goal scorer ... good couple of days work id say
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    very disapointing. Roy Keane summed it up. I think it's going to come down to goal difference and it was an oppurtunity lost. Too many killer passes. Good to see Robbie scoring but very poor concentration, very poor crossing. Andy Reid wasnt up to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We'll take that but another couple of goals would have been nice. I was following it on irishvibe.com from work in New Zealand...there's no way of seeing the games out here and it upsets me greatly.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think Roy said anything about goal difference...Remember if two teams are level it comes down to head to head results not overall goal difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    france only beat them 2-0 too, ok the swiss beat them 6-0 but if we are joint on points with either the swiss or the french on the last game its decided by the results between the tied teams.

Im happy with a win. it will come down to how us, the swiss and french play against each other that will decide things.

8 points from 4 games and 100% record at home isnt that bad
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Game Vs. Israel in March

Our next game is against Israel,ok? Are they playnig in Israel or Cyprus or do they know yet? Where have they been playing so far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its being played in Israel in march or 'Zionist Occupied Palestine' for the lopez's around these parts depending on the security situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldnt say were in a bad postion but this is defintely another Irish team underperforming. I cant see why anyone can be realistically pleased with that result.

Its easy to pick holes in the performance against the swiss away from home, a game that we should have won. Tonight is DEFINETELY going to come back and hit you in 12 months time.

You dont get many chances against the likes of the French and when you start putting the ball wide passed the upright you have to ask whether the team can top this group.

Plenty of chances created tonight but there is no real strikers in the team. Robbie is still not on his best form and he wont get to many chances like that out in Israel.

You can defentely expect France to put 6 or realistically 10 past this team at home in the Stade de France. So much for making up the goal difference!

With all his talk of peparing Kerr didnt look like he prepared much for the corners. Reid has to be the worst player at taking them, yet he kept doing it. I was pulling my hair out. For the last time he needs to loose weight. If he doesnt get into the priemership then maybe its time to drop him from the ireland side.

Miller looks like he has potential but as Dunphy said, he really needs to break into the Man Utd side.

Well at least robbie score first @ 7/4 and he scored 2 or more @ 2/1. I made a few bob. Pity about no O.G from the faroes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goal Diffrence??

Its results we should be concerned with NOT goal diffrence.

If teams are tied at the top of the group at the end its the results between the tied teams that decides things NOT goal diffrence

so henry can have a clio up his @rse and score 5 against them at the stade de france for all i care, it will come down to how we do against the french and swiss at home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    We were brought back down to earth after doing so well in Paris, but a win is a win no matter how you look at it and we control our own destiny. Nice position to be in, going into the break.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very poor considering the chances created. Should have had at least 5.

That said, 3 points, no injuries and top of the group. How bad.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think everyone here is being very generous.

What about Reid ? Does anyone rate him after that ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    What about Reid ? Does anyone rate him after that ?
    Yes, because he's been superb in all but two of his games for us. If anyone writes him off due to one or two bad performances than it's absolutley fickle beyond belief and a joke.

Poor performance today really but all the same still created chances and got the three points. We never beat teams by cricket scores for whatever reason but I think results between minnows and bigger teams over the weekend and today show we should be happy to have the three points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I really hope Reid gets a move to the primiership for his own sake and Irelands.

Finnan looks the business, does his defensive duties and is great going forward. Hope to see him getting regular first team football from now on.

Roy keane looked like he couldnt get out of there quick enough with the bubbly but had a smile on his face during the game. Maybe some of that hard man image is a front

I hope and really hope that Ireland use these last 3 performances and average results to go to Israel and get a win. If we win out there in the Israel ( a nation I despise) then its going to make up for tonight.

Kerr should try Elliot up front for the game in November. Maybe even try a different formation like 4-3-3. He should give Miller 2 starts, give Reid another 2 starts, and maybe look at the likes of Mc Geady for one of the games. This team desperately needs depth.

Henry scored in France's 2-0 win out in Cyprus. Again not a convincing score line. Good to see But we will have to win away in the Faroes, Cyprus and hopefully Israel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How many national or club teams do you think a manager could say something along the lines of ''right lads another team scored 6 against this lot so I want exactly the same'' and get the result he demanded?

expectation normally leads to disappointment

just look at ingurland for an example of the media and fans and even the players living on past glorys and expecting to beat every team they come across, then get the hump when they get dumped out of the euros and the world cup because they are ingurland and they expect better.

lets just see how things go for the next couple of games before getting worryed.... it will all be ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I hope so.

I also hope that Santani starts playing Keane up front and maybe buys Reid. I wonder if he was playing Keane in midfield on purpose pre Eire Vs France

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This was a typical week for Ireland really, we play pretty much to our full potential away to France, and then play crappy at home to the Faroes. 11 shots on target and 2 goals? No goals in the second half when our higher fitness levels should have told.

I think we will alwys pretty much score goals but we make it look so hard....Kerr cannot be happy with this performance.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By the way we really need to stop this Duff up front rubbish. He only looked good when he drifted onto the wing which left Keane as the lone striker which doesn't suit him at all and was part of the season why Keane did, and always has, played so poorly when paired with Duff.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Faroes the part timers that they are do not underestimate them, second half display from them was very competent and when they actually pushed up the field they started to put us under a small bit of pressure and box us in but yes we missed a bag load of chances. Faroes manager was on and he complemented the team by saying we are the best outfit they have come up against and that includes France! he added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast