Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd trouble in Paris

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crowd trouble in Paris

On the radio the last night I think on Newstalk that there was a bit of bother after the game around the Moulin Rouge area (can't remember the name of the area) 2/3am , anyone know anything, got a bit nasty from what I heard ??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw a French fella with blood all over him , did not see what happened, then I saw an North African looking scumbag picking up bottles ready to use.

Was talking 2 a few lads who said that a bunch of these Algerians got into a punchup with the bouncers on the door of O' Sullivans.

Also heard that a car drove past and waved a gun. ( not sure if that was the drink talking )

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we were in a french bar, opp o sullivans, singing our hearts out until 5 or 6am, and apparently there was some Algerians/French young fellas riding round in their rude boy cars giving it large and throwing a few bottles?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Came out of a strip bar as you do and you could tell straight away something was up, was a very stange atmosphere for a while.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rang someone who was in the area at the time. He said a gang of Africans that where in the area all night acting the maggot and driving into crowds of people in there cars nearly knocking people down. Seems the last time they tried it a gang of people from a well known EL club got the hump and a go at the occupants of the car which led to the other gang of Africans to come across the road and so led to a bottle firing match between the two groups and a bit of a punch up down the road. Fair play to the lads for standing up too them I say

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stayed well away from Pigalle at night for very such reasons, never saw a bad incident all weekend. Though heard a story from one of the lads I was with, he was talking to a Waterford guy who had woken up on I think the Thursday and was in a prison cell not knowing how he got there, had to pay a whopping 1200 Euro to get out! ouch.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can confirm that there were minor incidents in the Moulin Rouge area in the early hours of Sunday morning. O'Sullivan's bar was a hive of activity with Irish fans inside and out. It was difficult to see what was happening with such a large crowd. We did see bottles being thrown. It looked like some people got hit by them. At the time I thought it was Irish fans acting the maggot. Myself and my mates were upset by this behaviour and decided to get a taxi home. It was when we were queuing at the taxi rank that some more trouble broke out. A car drove by with four North Africans. Bottles were thrown but they broke at our feet. There were more bottles thrown further down the street. The cars with the trouble makers were driving down a street with a large crowd of Irish people so I can see how it looked like they were driving into people. The French/African fcukers deserved a good hiding.

On a different note, the state of the main street outside O'Sullivans was a disgrace on both the Friday and Saturday nights. Beer bottles, empty cans and broken glass covered the street. Never saw anything like it before. The Irish fans were the only people to blame for this. Although with the price of drink in Paris I can't blame them too much.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Around 5am outside O'Sullivans... car drove through the crowd real slow & f****d a bottle out the window - apparently it hit some Russian bird in the head who was walkin past but luckily didn't break - nasty bump tho. Then the c**t did a wheel spin out of the crowd & about 20 bottles started raining down on the car as it drove off... back window was put in... car must have been destroyed...

Said b****x to that, & got out of there after that.

Apparently them algerian pr***s are renowned for that sort of stuff.

It was sickening to see Irish fans throwin bottles like that... but in fairness if they hit a bird, they deserved it.

3 little algerians lashed a cop car out of it with bottles aswell.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at o sullivans and saw some of the trouble, only a v small minority of the irish actin the ***** caused it. one stage we had a load of french runnin towards us bein showered wit bottles, but they ran down the other st.

The whole rest of paris is v well policed, but the whole 2 nights outside osullivans we didnt see 1 squad car. reckon the mafia have the whole of the red light district, which is where osullivans is, in their back pocket. would explain the lack of police, and the constant convoys of tinted windows and french home boys drivin round the area.

But most of the irish were too busy singin and makin a royal irish mess to get caught up in any trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I was there friday night and before the match, it was gettin a bit rowdy before kick-off, I seen alot of police across from o'sullivans and that was it. Did anyone go into the small strip joint beside O'sullivans? what a tip!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yer can now chuck in some near crowd trouble at stansted airport 20 minute's ago thank's to mr Essex security man getting a bit to friendly on the search, resulting in both my addidas samba's giving the fceker a kick in the knee's, an accident of course.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On Friday night, there wasn't a nice atmosphere outside the Moulin Rouge area. Again, an Algerian drove his car at high speed through the Irish supporters and got a nasty dent on the front of his car for his troubles. Didn't stick aroound too long. saw one moron through a glass as well. Didn't go back to the Pigalle district the following night after the math, it was a kip.

There was no police to been seen at all on the Friday. To be honest, was delighted to get outta there on Friday, really felt something was going to kick off. And, what about the taxi's. we got ripped off big time and nearly ended up been driven off by some Algerian nutcase. he asked us for 50 euro for the equivalent of a drive from Dublin City Centre to Phibsboro. when we refused, he drove us about a mile down the road and started roaring like a lunatic. don't know where the pace came from but we got the fcuk outta there wuickly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw a load of police in their riot gear on saturday before the match just up from O'sullivans. thought things were gonna kick off but they didnt seem to move from the top of the street.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah as everyone says there was a small amount of trouble in the red light area on the saturday night but none of it was started by irish fans.

was started by algerians(world renowned scum bags).

Who drives around throwing bottles from car windows.

Witnessed some of it myself but didnt see any green clad people throw anything.......

here's to a good result tonight........

At least nowhere near as bad as Russia a few years back.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Was drinking right outside o'sullivans sat night. Was a bottle fight about 2am alright. Bouncer kicked one french guy out of the pub & he threw a bottle of heineken at him. BIG mistake, bouncer chased him down the street & kicked the crap out of him, came back to the door & got a big cheer from the irish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Is that near the area with the Sacre Coeur?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Just at the bottom of the hill which the Sacre Coeur is on i think. The red-light district around there has a bad reputation for trouble... By all accounts the area nearer Les Halles/Bourse and the Rue Réaumur is similar in amenities but a much safer place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Ah yeah, I was there in the summer, I remember coming out of the metro and noticing it was a total dump. It seems to be 95% immigrant at the foot of the hill. I got scammed out of €15 there cos I got trapped by some Senegalese weaving some cheap string on my and my girlfriend's wrists, just handed it over cos I didn't want any hassle. I'm not surprised to hear people had trouble there.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Bottled

I can confirm that. Was hit over the head with a bottle by guys driving a car. Went to hospital and got 4 stitches. Could have been worse i guess. Prob my own fault for going down a side street to p!ss cos the q was too lon gin the pub. Big thanks to the staff in Corcorans pub for cleaning me up and calling the ambulance

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StretchRyan

Witnessed some of it myself but didnt see any green clad people throw anything.......
    Don't think wearing colours is these fans type of thing. Still I surpose I was on the same Eurostar over with them. Looneys some of them but fair play to them that night

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast