Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford town v's Wexford youths match report

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Longford town v's Wexford youths match report

Very poor coverage of Longford matches these days, again appologies if I'm stepping on anyones toes, this is all I could find, nothing on usual 2 sites. this is from Airtricityleague.ie so thanks to them

Late winner keeps Longford on track

Published on Saturday, 05 October 2013 22:28 Longford Town 2 Wexford Youths 1
    Gary Shaw proved Longford Town's super sub to get them back into the play off places with a late winner at the City Calling Stadium.
    Youths started brightly with Shane Nolan hitting the Town crossbar from an early corner.
    Just when Town needed a jolt to get into the game, midfielder Rhys Gorman beat visiting 'keeper Graham Doyle with a cracking 25-yard drive to put them in front on the half hour.
    Youths came close to levelling on 37 minutes as Darragh Walshe's shot flew narrowly wide of a post.
    Doyle made a fine save to deprive Josh O'Hanlon before Youths stunned the small home crowd to level through defender Gary Delaney on 81 minutes.
    But up popped Shaw to slam home the winner four minutes later to move Longford back up to second place in the table, level on points with Waterford United and a point ahead on Mervue United with one game left to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Slam home the winner? Me hole!

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I didn't write it but I know what you mean the Airtricity reports aren't great, but there doesn't seem to be anyone available to do a match report from Extratime or theloiblog sites