Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Permutations for 1st division play off spots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Great game last night. I feel sorry for Longford but I think Bray were the better team over the 90 minutes and also created a lot more chances and if it wasnt for Bennion in the first half we could have been out of sight! Cracking game of football though and the huge crowd was great! I thought TC's decision to take of Derek O'Brien was very strange, he was causing Daire Doyle all sorts of problems in the 2nd half! I think I read 2700 was the attendance which was great and I was really surprised we brought up that many, biggest away crowd from Bray in a long long time!!!

Anyway... We are staying up and we shall not be moved!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Well it's his call one way or another but he was hardly going to say he wasn't going to give Tony a new one before the game. From what I heard Jim hasn't fully decided yet. Like a lot of people he was apparently very much inclined to get rid of him a few weeks back but has seemingly been impressed with the performances since then.
    First time I'd been up this season but I was impressed by the stuff played by The Town. Know they had a lot of injuries but you cannot expect to win anything with that back four. Thought Sullivan held the ball well and is gutsy and that Purdy lad is a player. Probably have difficulty holding on to that pair as well as Connolly who may go to Galway. Contract offer from us depends on who else stays. Great to see such a huge crowd in what is a premier league stadium and really sorry that Longford didn't make it. Ah well, more freezing evenings at the seaside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    Great game last night. I feel sorry for Longford but I think Bray were the better team over the 90 minutes and also created a lot more chances and if it wasnt for Bennion in the first half we could have been out of sight! Cracking game of football though and the huge crowd was great! I thought TC's decision to take of Derek O'Brien was very strange, he was causing Daire Doyle all sorts of problems in the 2nd half! I think I read 2700 was the attendance which was great and I was really surprised we brought up that many, biggest away crowd from Bray in a long long time!!!

Anyway... We are staying up and we shall not be moved!!!
    Jeez... the crowd that Bray brought along was pathetic. 300 max which is awful considering the importance of the game. And I must say I thought Bray's support over the playoffs was ****e. 900 in the first game, 400 of which was us, and a measly 300 last night? I suppose it would be hard to attract people out to that dump of a ground.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Jeez... the crowd that Bray brought along was pathetic. 300 max which is awful considering the importance of the game. And I must say I thought Bray's support over the playoffs was ****e. 900 in the first game, 400 of which was us, and a measly 300 last night? I suppose it would be hard to attract people out to that dump of a ground.
    Didnt look like ye had too many more then Bray travelling tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Not sure if this is a genuine observation or just a bit of sour grapes. A fan of a League of Ireland team having a go at the support size of another LOI team is laughable. Like two lads in a dick measuring competition with magnifying glasses. We don't have a lot of fans, but I'm proud of the loyal ones that we do have.

The Longford fans were a great bunch over the two legs. Great noise last night and were gracious in defeat and the ones that came to Bray generated fantastic atmosphere. I hope the team can push on and take the title next season.

As for ourselves. Just delighted to still have the show on the road. The experienced lads really stood up over the two legs, as did many of the younger lads such as Marty and Webster, but credit has to go to all involved. Took a few years off my life but I love them!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah dear God don't start this ****e,we are in no position to criticise anyone's attendances!

Fair play to the Bray lads that came down, leaving Section O at the very end absolutely heartbroken, I was not looking forward to having to walk by all of you but was pleasantly surprised when ye all stopped celebrating and clapped everyone from Section O as we walked by,its rare you see that at matches!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Ya can see why so many English clubs are after Marty waters, top young player and he seems like a lovely fella too that genuinely loves the club. Best of luck to him,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    To be fair ya hardly expect them to have loads when they are in a relegation battle. Ye should have loads as ye are winning games and challenging for promotion. I thought Bray brought a good crowd. Sound bunch of lads too.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Remind me, what was Longfords average attendance this season?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I thought they may have had a few more at their home leg but their away crowd was as much as I'd have expected, probably more. No offence to them but as long as we've been playing them they've never travelled in huge numbers. As has been pointed out we're hardly ones to be in a position to criticise other teams' fans.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Before the mervue game Jim Hanley said in the paper he was considering giving TC a new contract regardless of up or down so you'd have to imagine he will be here next term. No chance wel keep sully
    At the time, there was nothing else he could say, but it remains to be seen. I'd be a bit surprised if he was kept on.

As for next season, I'd expect Galway to be mervue plus, with the same manager. They'll be the team to beat - they were the best team of the last series - better than us and athlone. No idea about shels, and Waterford will be there abouts. I wouldn't be confident of getting out, certainly not as champions.

I thought Bray brought an OK crowd really. As good a crowd as we got and have got in the past for certain games, its always tempered with frustration that more don't go even a few times during the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Hard luck to Longford. I'd usually side with the first division team in the play-offs. Congrats to Bray!
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112