Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longford town v's Wexford youths

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Longford town v's Wexford youths

This might be the last chance to see De Town at home this season, lets hope there is a hugh turn out, lets face it the team need all the support they can get. Needless to say a must win game (again)

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    This might be the last chance to see De Town at home this season, lets hope there is a hugh turn out, lets face it the team need all the support they can get. Needless to say a must win game (again)
    With everything going on at the moment we'd be lucky to get 200 this weekend. Wexford are without doubt one of the worst teams in the country and I expect them to come and sit with 2 banks of 4, kick us like the hackers they are, frustrate us in the process and try and do us on the break. I won't give a prediction because I have no confidence in us with TC in charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    id say there will be a very poor crowd, people dont have confidence in the team anymore.. hopefully mervue slip up tonight as our players havent stepped up their game when it was need this season!
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    After the results last night I hope we play some football but I doubt it more long balls from the keeper all night I expect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    the only positive form that game is we got 3 points... brutal performance ...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Have to agree with you about the performance, another week closer to agony or ectasy

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    There's not a hope of us beating a Premier Division team over two legs. Waterford or Mervue won't either.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Pure luck that we got the win but maybe that's the luck we need, then again we've said that a lot this season. Good to see the whole stand on their feet at the end singing stand up if your Longford town, the loyal fans deserve a big performance in athlone next week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    very true about De Town supporters at the end, But you have to agree the 3 Wexford supports were brilliant they sang their hearts out all night long, they are a credit to their team and club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Absolutely awful performance alright, Wexford were absolute muck aswell but we still looked like we were under serious pressure for a lot of the second half. Having said that things havnt been going our way and that little bit of luck towards the end could spur the lads on for next week.

Just one more thing on our captain fantastic last night Chris Deans. The man is an absolute clown, giving it the big man the entire game when the only reason he is even on the pitch is because we are missing almost all of our backs. Just before we scored our second, the ball went out and the ref called it a throw for Wexford when it looked like it was ours, Deans spent the next 2-3 mins just abusing the ref when he was right beside him, the decision had been long made and Wexford were about to take their throw, we were in desperate need of a goal with 5 mins to play and this ****** is standing their abusing the ref yards away from him, the ref could have easily stopped the game and booked him and wasted more valuable time. Then after we scored, we were given a free out from just outside our own box, O'Neill ran over to get the ball at the sideline and Deans just screams at him two or three times to leave it with the ref again standing yards away. I've no problem with the players trying to slow down play but blatantly screaming it with the ref beside you is retarded. Sure enough when Bennion went over to get the ball and came back with it he was booked for time wasting...not that he was even doing it blatantly but the ref had obviously made his mind up after hearing Deans shout. Then lastly, the final whistle goes and while some of the other players are clapping the fans Deans is off fighting with one of the Wexford coaches, our back four is in tatters and this idiot is giving the officials plenty of reasons to send him off or at least book him.

Whatever happens at the end of this season I hope he's the first one out the door.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

11. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He and Bennion were having a shouting match at one stage in the first half. Bennion didn't come for a cross that he could have and they got a shot in which went wide. Deans started mouthing at him and Bennion was having none of it, you could hear him roaring "shut the **** up!" at Deans, he looked like he wanted to hit him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    He and Bennion were having a shouting match at one stage in the first half. Bennion didn't come for a cross that he could have and they got a shot in which went wide. Deans started mouthing at him and Bennion was having none of it, you could hear him roaring "shut the **** up!" at Deans, he looked like he wanted to hit him.
    Deans shat himself when bennion told him to shut the #### up, it was absolutely brilliant haha.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    My nominee for player of the year is Chris Bennion.. you could hear the shouts from wexford plyrs that it was goin in and somehow benno made a superb save.. he has saved us so many times this season. I know Sully is the main choice but I think Chris is timin it perfectly esp if we go up..
    Agree with Deans.. WTF is Cousins having him as a coach hes useless!
    as for the win a draw was the fair result..youths were superb..
    btw big thumbs up for sullys crew who were beside us durin the first half and put sect o hat to shame by singin.. its the first match that I cant remember a atmosphere in Sect O in ages but I think the disappointment after disappointment has effected our spirit and voices.. I hope we will resume normal service in Athlone!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I don't know who player of the year should be, I will agree with you that Bennion is brilliant when it's a split second reaction save, but I think he is very poor at everything else a keeper should be good at, I can't be the only one who thinks this look how many clubs he has had, I would let him go at the end of the season on a free transfer but wouldn't say no to a few € either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Bennion is a good shot stopper but he was extremely questionable at the weekend with his cross claiming and kicking and I think that's been the story all season. Without sully we'd be closer to harps than we are athlone, not even an argument for player of the year in my eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    player of the year has to be sully.. id say his shoulders are broke up from carrying us.. young player of the year(if we have one) has to be josh!

18. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Can't see how anyone could look beyond Sully, to be honest.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Has he a contract beyond this year? Does it seem likely he will stay?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Has he a contract beyond this year? Does it seem likely he will stay?
    Think he's out of contract at the end of the season. If we somehow got up he'd stay, otherwise I can't see it unless we offer him more than he would get elsewhere. Depends what offers he has I suppose, he's bound to have a few.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzpatrick10 View Post
    player of the year has to be sully.. id say his shoulders are broke up from carrying us.. young player of the year(if we have one) has to be josh!
    If their is a young player of the year award surely Rhys will run Josh close, I think Rhys has scored 5 goals now and Josh 6, Rhys has at least the same amount of assists, (some to Josh) not bad for a holding midfielder, both very good players may the best man win, Josh will probably get goal of the season
    If there isn't a young player of the year award, there should be, it would be great for whoever wins it, and also might help to get them to stay with De Town next season
    The team next year imo should be given a serious overhaul and built around the young lads
    Last edited by Darklordsbane; 08/10/2013 at 7:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast