Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Florida in January

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts

Florida in January

Since I'm home alone (for at least another night) I was thinking about Christmas and NY holidays. Herself wants to go skiing and then somewhere warm - I did suggest Kilternan and Johnny Foxs but she declined. Naturally I'd like to get home for just a first Christmas in 6 years, so we're kind of agreed on a ski break followed by Christmas in Ireland followed by a trip somewhere warm.

She's suggested Asia though for a number of reasons I'd be a bit so-so on it, then I remembered she was banging a drum for Miami. I looked at flights etc and it's actually pretty okay. Can anyone who's been down south recommend some spots to stay or see (apart from Universal and Disney).

Also what will the weather be like the end of December start of January, I don't think it's hurricane season, though I might have addled my brain too much this weekend trying to teach the little lad to swim.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    The Florida Keys are very nice (if you have a car and can drive there) and worth a day trip or overnight - you are looking at around 3 hours to get there from Miami. If you like wildlife the Everglades are also very nice and an air boat ride there is pretty cool, it fairly near Miami. If you do go probably take insect repellent. The Kennedy Space center is worth a visit too, but it's about 3 hours north of Miami, so if you spend time in Orlando it might be better to do it from there. Hurricane season ends in November, if you are there in December and unlucky you might get one, but January should be ok I think weather should be around or just over 20 deg.C and it will be a bit less humid than other times of the year.

3. Thanks From: