Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: I hate to be blunt but...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to be blunt but...

I have always stood up for players who have shown commitment to Limerick and their teammates. However I feel that Colin P O'Brien needs to be gotten rid of. He has no respect for the others while he plays and over the past month has cursed at Limerick fans at two separate games. There is no effort on the pitch to be part of a team, and the latest thing is not turning up to games and letting the team know at the last minute.

Sorry, but I had to vent the spleen there a bit. Anyone agree/disagree with those sentiments?
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fully Agree with those sentiments. Football is not all about skill it's about committment as well. The ideal is to have a team which has both but at least if you have committment then you cannot fault the players on the pitch.

Funnily enough the team that ended up playing on Fri could in no way be called our Technically best starting 11, however we got a result which says something dont u think?

I Also think that Mike should have played himself a lot more this season as his influence is more felt on the pitch than when he is off it. By all accounts CP is a sound fella, but he must learn that in order to get on in life and football he must take knocks and learn from them. If he wanted to get back to a Premier team this year was an ideal oppurtunity to prove his critics wrong. However this has not happened and he has carried the releasing by Cork City on his shoulders all year.

BTW We will get off the bottom on Sat if we beat monaghan so a BIG turnout is needed and vocal support

All the best

John
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    However this has not happened and he has carried the releasing by Cork City on his shoulders all year.
    John
    The same way the team have carried him all year The man is a travesty of a striker. He is a liability in the truest sense of the word, the team for away games cant be sorted til the last minute while we wait to see will the great man show up (Altho i think we can safely assume he wont anymore) and when he does decide to grace us with his presence he walks around the field shrugging his shoulders and pulling out of challenges. he could do with a good kick up the hole preferably one which lands him squarely back in Cork At least Ebbie and later on John Healy tried their hearts out up front the other night