Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 24: 7/8 Sept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    The club should really take a look at this. One post on the Facebook a week is pure ****e.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Gotta love Mervue. League has to be ours now. Great night in Cobh. Come on The Town
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    The reason we had no match programme was down to a problem with the local printers nothing to do with the club. We had the programme finalised and sent off ready for printing only to be informed late the other night that they couldn't so all we could do was a team sheet. The people behind the match programme put in a huge amount of work and its without a doubt one of the better first division ones produced, it's come on leaps and bounds in recent years. As for the lack of coverage our 2 local reporters were late to the game as they were covering the local GAA championship and unfortunately that's what they are paid to do so no complaints there. We usually have twitter updates but the person who runs them must have been away too, agree with L.T.F.C that the Facebook page needs some serious work, section O's page was only set up at the end of last year and its flying.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The reason we had no match programme was down to a problem with the local printers nothing to do with the club. We had the programme finalised and sent off ready for printing only to be informed late the other night that they couldn't so all we could do was a team sheet. The people behind the match programme put in a huge amount of work and its without a doubt one of the better first division ones produced, it's come on leaps and bounds in recent years. As for the lack of coverage our 2 local reporters were late to the game as they wee re covering the local GAA championship and unfortunately that's what they are paid to do so no complaints there. We usually have twitter updates but the person who runs them must have been away too, agree with L.T.F.C that the Facebook page needs some serious work, section O's page was only set up at the end of last year and its flying.
    Although well intentioned, this post gives a glimpse of the sorry state of LOI in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    not for the first time this season at longford the teams were not even announced before kick off . . . .

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Dundalk leave it late to score the winner against Drogheda.
    No hiding place for Pats now, we're coming to get you.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Are Iceland making a late surge for the title?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Dundalk leave it late to score the winner against Drogheda.
    No hiding place for Pats now, we're coming to get you.
    September 20th just got even bigger. Will be the biggest league game at home since Cork in April 99. (Which we won - with Bucko in charge btw
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Massive massive win, such a cool finish by O'Donnell with 2 mins to go. As expected Drogs caused us problems all evening, battled very hard in midfield and will probably think themselves unlucky not to have gotten a point.

The roar around the ground was something else when the goal went in, really starting to believe we have the momentum to go on and win it now.

Lovely touch by the team holding the RIP banner at the end of the game of possibly our greatest supporter who died suddenly last night. Photos are on twitter.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Drogheda can consider themselves very unlucky not to get a point.

They made it a battle and Dundalk were unable to play football, particularly in the first half.

Bringing on Dillon and McCaffrey shored up the midfield and Drogheda ceased to be a threat in the second half. However, I still couldn't see a goal coming for Dundalk but I have to hand it to O'Donnell. He chased and harried and eventually ceased up a sloppy pass from the goalkeeper.

I was convinced, going in to the game, that tonight would be our most difficult remaining fixture. That is how it turned out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    after a performance like that I don't know how Drogheda Utd can call themselves a football club. they hacked us from start to finish.

thanks to captain fantastic he got what was needed, games like that can be the difference between 1st & 2nd. Delighted for the victory. Bring on shels in the cup
    Long Live King Kenny

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoc View Post
    not for the first time this season at longford the teams were not even announced before kick off . . . .
    Something that really annoys the home fans, no excuse for it I agree with you there, anyone can read out a few names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    after a performance like that I don't know how Drogheda Utd can call themselves a football club. they hacked us from start to finish.

thanks to captain fantastic he got what was needed, games like that can be the difference between 1st & 2nd. Delighted for the victory. Bring on shels in the cup
    John Mountney summed it up in a tweet.

"Great win tonight. Best of luck to Drogheda in the six nations next year"
    Last edited by White Horse; 08/09/2013 at 9:30 PM.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Something that really annoys the home fans, no excuse for it I agree with you there, anyone can read out a few names.
    I was textin pauro 7 at the game with updates for town twitter. I unfortunately didnt have the harps team so was concentrating more from a longford town perspective... It was last minute stuff so I apologise for not having a Harps team put on town twitter.. I made the presentation to chris Bennion for player of the month before the game and stadium announcer wasnt there ten mins before KO.. He had arrived when I finished doing my bit.. But it was poor form from the club not to announce the teams... I know that things were against us regards the match programme but there could have being more teamsheets produced as one harps fan I was supposed to get one for I forgot to get it but by the time I came back to the programme sellers they had gone!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    After enduring 90 minutes of horrible hoofball I can understand better why the crowds are so poor in Drogheda this season.

The "direct" approach is effective to an extent but hard to watch. That said, Dundalk did not manage to get the normal passing game going and were poor.

Ultimately the 3 points is really all that matters.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    After enduring 90 minutes of horrible hoofball I can understand better why the crowds are so poor in Drogheda this season.

The "direct" approach is effective to an extent but hard to watch. That said, Dundalk did not manage to get the normal passing game going and were poor.

Ultimately the 3 points is really all that matters.
    Drogs were away from home, to be completely fair. I know Dundalk have been playing good football this season, but yous did more or less the same when you came to Tallaght, hoofing the ball and kicking people's heels. Managers set up their teams differently depending on where they are, especially when you're playing superior opposition like Drogs were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Drogs were away from home, to be completely fair. I know Dundalk have been playing good football this season, but yous did more or less the same when you came to Tallaght, hoofing the ball and kicking people's heels. Managers set up their teams differently depending on where they are, especially when you're playing superior opposition like Drogs were.
    Drogheda took hoofball to a new level tonight.

That is not a criticism. In fact, they did it very well and deserved a point from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Is there a new level of hoofball that's possible to reach in this league? I agree it's a strange approach to take at Oriel where the percentage approach would be to play it on the ground and take the weird bounce out of the equation. Mick Cooke has done an incredible job with that club against all the odds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    That was a fantastic result but a terrible performance. Drogheda had a very effective game plan and putting Byrne in front of the back four was a good move by Cooke.
    The main thing though was the win,with so few games left only the points matter.
    It's going to be some game in Inchicore now. A winner in that game should win the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I agree it's a strange approach to take at Oriel where the percentage approach would be to play it on the ground and take the weird bounce out of the equation.
    You agree? With White Horse?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast