Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matches 30/31 Aug & 3 Sept

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    According to this Extra Time interview he can't get the position permanently because he doesn't have a Pro License and there are no courses currently scheduled (unless he goes abroad I suppose). Slightly ridiculous as it means he'll have to step down with 4 games to play unless he gets a special dispensation until the end of the season.
    Yeah its ridiculous that he will most likely not be in charge for the last few games. Are the club allowed to appoint a second caretaker manager for the last few games? Im sure most city fans(including myself) would like to see ashton as the man in charge next year, the players really seem to be responding to him. He's done a fantastic job with the u19's and fully deserves his chance.

On an un-related subject, im thinking of getting an aircoach to dublin and then the luas to tallaght for the game next saturday, game should be finished around 8:50, would it be pushing it too close to think i could make the bus back to cork at 10 from westmoreland street? Or would i better off booking the one at 11 to be on the safe side?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    3-2 to Cobh at the minute against Harps which makes it 50 goals in 10 and a half games in St Colmans Park this season.

Also Sligo 2-0 Limerick...but nobody really cares.
    I'm sure a lot of people really care about a team fourth from bottom in the graveyard!

You really are a sour piece of work. Our crowds may have dropped but we are operating in dreamland compared to the drivel you have to look at every week on various cow fields across the country.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Yeah its ridiculous that he will most likely not be in charge for the last few games. Are the club allowed to appoint a second caretaker manager for the last few games? Im sure most city fans(including myself) would like to see ashton as the man in charge next year, the players really seem to be responding to him. He's done a fantastic job with the u19's and fully deserves his chance.

On an un-related subject, im thinking of getting an aircoach to dublin and then the luas to tallaght for the game next saturday, game should be finished around 8:50, would it be pushing it too close to think i could make the bus back to cork at 10 from westmoreland street? Or would i better off booking the one at 11 to be on the safe side?
    As far as I know the club can appoint as many caretakers as they like. I may be wrong, but was Darius Kierans not in the same situation at Dundalk and he got an extension from the FAI? It would be the common sense thing to do, especially as there are no courses currently running in Ireland. I'm sure they could work out a deal where he starts his Pro License in England over the winter or at the earliest opportunity.

Eh, let's see, it would probably take 30-45 minutes to get back into Connolly at that time. Give yourself 10 minutes to walk to the station and possibly a 10 minute wait, then a couple of minutes to run to Busarus, and you'd probably be OK. I honestly don't know whether aways fans are allowed leave Tallaght before the final whistle but if you left with five minutes to go, you'd have plenty of time. Then again, if you're winning you might not want to. Maybe ring the club and ask what exactly the Garda arrangements are?

edit: duh, Westmoreland Street, not Busaras. That'll cut 5-10 minutes off, so a bit more doable. I'd still say save yourself the hassle and have a pint and get it at 11.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 31/08/2013 at 9:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    As far as I know the club can appoint as many caretakers as they like. I may be wrong, but was Darius Kierans not in the same situation at Dundalk and he got an extension from the FAI? It would be the common sense thing to do, especially as there are no courses currently running in Ireland. I'm sure they could work out a deal where he starts his Pro License in England over the winter or at the earliest opportunity.

Eh, let's see, it would probably take 30-45 minutes to get back into Connolly at that time. Give yourself 10 minutes to walk to the station and possibly a 10 minute wait, then a couple of minutes to run to Busarus, and you'd probably be OK. I honestly don't know whether aways fans are allowed leave Tallaght before the final whistle but if you left with five minutes to go, you'd have plenty of time. Then again, if you're winning you might not want to. Maybe ring the club and ask what exactly the Garda arrangements are?

edit: duh, Westmoreland Street, not Busaras. That'll cut 5-10 minutes off, so a bit more doable. I'd still say save yourself the hassle and have a pint and get it at 11.
    Ya surely something will be sorted out to allow him finish the season in charge. He has had a big hand in developing some of the young guys that are coming through, so he is the ideal person to integrate them into the first team.

Ya i was just checking whether or not making the 10 bus would be possible, yeah il be getting the 11 bus as at least i know i will definitely make it.

What luas stop would be closest to westmoreland street?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Sligo still in the title race, but it is vital they win at Drogheda mid-week. I was at Inchicore and great recovery by Bohs after being outclassed in the first half. I think Heary got it wrong at the start as they allowed/encouraged Pats to come at them too much from the start, but he corrected it at half-time with the two subs. Pats missed Russell in midfield as Brennan after a good start got distracted as he was playing towards the Bohs fans; why do managers allow a professional player get away with such lack of concentration? Despite being a fans fav at Pats I don't think Fagan is good enough to be the starting striker in a team that hopes to win the league, and it was a surprise that Bisto did not start.
    Great spirit and no little skill shown by a very young Bohs team and I hope they stay up, but they are far from safe yet. Difficult to understand why more soccer fans do not turn up to watch Pats play althought I noticed a few foreign fans there last night, one hispanic asked me to take his picture as it was his first time at a LoI match. Pity more Dubs don't take a trip to Richmond Park. The Bohs right back and captain, along with Luke Byrne had good games.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Abbey St is the closest. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if you walk fast. Just walk to O'Connell St, cross to the far side and cross the river.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Abbey St is the closest. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes if you walk fast. Just walk to O'Connell St, cross to the far side and cross the river.
    Ah sounds grand so. Cheers for the help

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    No problem! I assume Kilduff is out per the loan agreement, though with Morrissey in the form he is that probably won't be much consolation. Who will you play up with him then, if anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    No problem! I assume Kilduff is out per the loan agreement, though with Morrissey in the form he is that probably won't be much consolation. Who will you play up with him then, if anyone?
    Yup kilduff is out which is a shame as he links up well with morrissey. Id imagine stephen kenny(oh the irony if he scored) will be up front with him. Sounded like we offered little up front without kilduff against sligo last week so i would be a little worried about our attacking threat on saturday but morrissey is on fire so ya never know.

Was talking to the girlfriends brother and he knows kilduff and he was telling him he is loving being down in cork and would love to make it a permanent move. Dont know if that is possible but would love if that happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yeah, we could have done without Morrissey scoring a hat trick. The way the Rovers defence is now, they're going to give up plenty of chances, and with idiot Quigley out for three matches any momentum from the Shels match will be arrested.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kilduff sticks around in Cork. He hasn't been given a fair crack at any stage in Rovers - the board obviouly rate him enough to keep giving him contracts, but the management. If it had been up to me, he'd have replaced Sheppard ages ago.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Unlike in England, there are no rules here that prevent a loan player appearing against the parent club. While it is also the norm here, this is based on a gentlemans agreement and not a enforceable loan agreement term.

It would be great to see Kilduff in the same game as Zayed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I wasnt at the game friday so didnt see his goals, but he really is an amazing talent and he is only 20. Wouldnt be suprised to see him off to england in the not to distant future, but hopefully that is at least 2 years away yet. Ashton has us playing well and confidence is sky high at the moment, colin healy back is huge for us and daryl horgan back from suspension too.

Yeah he has been brilliant for us, im sure most rovers fans would be raging if the club were to let him go. He gives us something different and has been one of the main reasons there has been a big up-turn in our results and performances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Unlike in England, there are no rules here that prevent a loan player appearing against the parent club. While it is also the norm here, this is based on a gentlemans agreement and not a enforceable loan agreement term.

I'm not sure what you mean here? In England the convention is that loan players don't play against their parent club, but Arsenal routinely allow loanees to face them. I don't know why Ireland would be any different - if you loan a player, it seems reasonably to write in that he can't play against you.

I wasnt at the game friday so didnt see his goals, but he really is an amazing talent and he is only 20. Wouldnt be suprised to see him off to england in the not to distant future, but hopefully that is at least 2 years away yet. Ashton has us playing well and confidence is sky high at the moment, colin healy back is huge for us and daryl horgan back from suspension too.

Yeah he has been brilliant for us, im sure most rovers fans would be raging if the club were to let him go. He gives us something different and has been one of the main reasons there has been a big up-turn in our results and performances
    What age is Morrissey, 18? It certainly makes a change from the final weeks of Dunne's reign when you were jettisoning forwards for fun. Or perhaps he saw Morrissey coming. Rovers fans love Kilduff. He has looked short of match practice any time he's played this season, but that's what happens when you play 15 minutes a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Ah sounds grand so. Cheers for the help
    The number 27 bus goes from Tallaght as well through the city centre and down Westmoreland St.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
    The number 27 bus goes from Tallaght as well through the city centre and down Westmoreland St.
    Is that quicker? I haven't gotten it myself, always figured the luas was handier and more regular, although I get off earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people really care about a team fourth from bottom in the graveyard!

You really are a sour piece of work. Our crowds may have dropped but we are operating in dreamland compared to the drivel you have to look at every week on various cow fields across the country.
    Something crawl up your rear a bit wrong in the showgies tonight?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Dong's back and forth between denouncing Sligo's crowds and denouncing other people for daring to question the interest in Sligo's games is worth a thread in itself.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Yeah, we could have done without Morrissey scoring a hat trick. The way the Rovers defence is now, they're going to give up plenty of chances, and with idiot Quigley out for three matches any momentum from the Shels match will be arrested.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kilduff sticks around in Cork. He hasn't been given a fair crack at any stage in Rovers - the board obviouly rate him enough to keep giving him contracts, but the management. If it had been up to me, he'd have replaced Sheppard ages ago.
    He won't be in Cork next year. Heard tonight that the club is f****d financially and that Horgan is back in Sligo next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    and with idiot Quigley out for three matches
    Will he miss the Cup game or just league games?
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Originally Posted by Ezeikial

I'm not sure what you mean here? In England the convention is that loan players don't play against their parent club, but Arsenal routinely allow loanees to face them. I don't know why Ireland would be any different - if you loan a player, it seems reasonably to write in that he can't play against you.
    In Ireland there is no league rule preventing a loan player appearing against the parent club. Even in the event of a "gentleman's agreement" the FAI will not regard such a player as ineligible.

AFAIK there in the Premier League there is a rule (7.2 M6 according to Wiki) that prevents players playing against the parent club.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast