Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-kickoff Aviva Pagentry

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    It was dreadful. The slowest version I ever heard and had the crowd almost falling asleep trying to stay with her.
    She confirmed my point.....the anthem shud only be sung by the crowd.

She massacred it, she tried to do an operatic version of it and thus lost the crowd because of it.

She took away the passion of the anthem , which a shocking thing to happen.

I hope delaney realizes what an idiot he is and what a mistake he made.

It was an embarrassing and cringeworthy effort from her
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    She took away the passion of the anthem , which a shocking thing to happen.

I hope delaney realizes what an idiot he is and what a mistake he made.

It was an embarrassing and cringeworthy effort from her
    I was too distracted by the prospect of the game to really care the other night but the more I've thought about it since the more it irks me and the more indicative I find it of what's wrong with the FAI. Pick whatever metaphor you like ...fiddling while Rome Burns, painted sepulchres, window dressing -but with all that's wrong and inadequate in irish football ...what do they do to appear to be doing something? Get some bint to sing AnaB so it'll go viral on twitter.

There are plenty of programmes on RTE and tv3 for people who who want to butcher any song they want with half arsed Mariah-isms.

If in an episode of The Simpsons a fashion model with a competent but unremarkable voice ploughed her way through the anthem before an Isotopes or Meltdowns game it'd be sniggeringly inferred that she got the gig by blowing the mayor.

Pretty girl for sure and when she farts I'm sure the room fills with scent of Lavender but for christsake let the fans do the singing.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Was your one a model? I thought she was just a crap singer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    I was too distracted by the prospect of the game to really care the other night but the more I've thought about it since the more it irks me and the more indicative I find it of what's wrong with the FAI. Pick whatever metaphor you like ...fiddling while Rome Burns, painted sepulchres, window dressing -but with all that's wrong and inadequate in irish football ...what do they do to appear to be doing something? Get some bint to sing AnaB so it'll go viral on twitter.

There are plenty of programmes on RTE and tv3 for people who who want to butcher any song they want with half arsed Mariah-isms.

If in an episode of The Simpsons a fashion model with a competent but unremarkable voice ploughed her way through the anthem before an Isotopes or Meltdowns game it'd be sniggeringly inferred that she got the gig by blowing the mayor.

Pretty girl for sure and when she farts I'm sure the room fills with scent of Lavender but for christsake let the fans do the singing.
    Ah sure they got the big idea from Sweden away game but it was done with more pace in Stockholm. Honestly some of the orgasmic warblings from her were akin to that "When Harry Met Sally" scene....

Did you notice the moments applause before teams entered pitch - they had an In Memorium for FOUR individuals! They even fecked Seamus Heaney RIP into the mix for good measure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Apparently this was the official launch of her new "singing career" Charlie.

I know Wales have had a pretty girl sing the anthem before games (rugby though I think) but in her defence I think Katherine Jenkins had sold a record or two and had cut her teeth as a professional singer before getting a free ad in front of 50,000 punters and however many in telly land.

It's more cringeworthy on every countenance.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You won't be buying her CD then, Lionel? She's no Commodore, by all accounts.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post

Lionel did u edit my post for a reason?

I think we basically have the same opinion on this

I am fuming that she was picked

the anthem is the supporters moment.
    Last edited by back of the net; 09/09/2013 at 1:11 AM.
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Nope. Just quoted the bit I needed and was rowing in behind. As you say -we're of the same mind on this. The anthem IS the supporters moment -not a launchpad for someone's pet project.

I just felt brushed by the wings of something dark there as I remembered an article in the press last week which claimed the bankrupt one in Westlife is "launching his solo career" in the coming weeks.

I've two tickets for the Kazakstan game going free if that's where he ends up.

9. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12