Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Series 23 & 20

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That feckin b@llbag that should never have moved.
    Did he just sign for them or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Great point for the Drogs. We are in a scrap. Maintaining that 4 point gap between 2nd last place will be vital.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Sure how much can it cost to sack another manager? There has been something seriously wrong at the club under both Kenny and Croly, both have presided over complacent and feckless squads.
    The real question is how much will the stupid decision of giving the Rovers job to a rookie manager cost on top of last seasons debacle.... loss of income from missing out on Europe (two seasons in a row) , not winning the title (at least once), slide in ticket sales, cost of removing two managers is approx €650k (I'm close enough to our finances so these are accurate figures) , Rovers even if they sack Croly at end of this season and despite the losses mentione still have a serious amount of cash available to them - but at this point can't see how it would be plauable to allow the current Board to remain in control of it as their credibilty etc.is completely shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers had no creativity this evening. 90 minutes of hoofing the ball up the field. I know they were missing Finn, but is this the best Croly can do?

Bray asked a lot more questions of Dundalk last week. Dundalk were very comfortable this evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    went up to dalymount coz shels weren't playing, really enjoyable game, UCD full value for the win. bohs certainly tried but looked very average especially the two front players.

i know its said a lot but it's a pity UCD don't have more support because they are a very good side to watch, always play through the midfield and in Walsh & benson have 2 very good players.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Interesting atmosphere in the bar in Oriel after game tonight, I'd say. Kenny to dignified to rub Roche's nose in it.

8. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Biggest underdog after last years shambles, now look at us! King Kenny.
    He's at his absolute best with a squad that has it all to prove and buys in to what he's telling them. I always liked Kenny from his Longford days all those years ago and with Vinny Perth there too who is an absolute, proper gentleman and a Town legend, I'm delighted to see Dundalk going well.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I for one welcome a strong Dundalk team back into the mix.
    A great footballing town with a great tradition to be fair. And who could begrudge Kenny after what went on last season. He must have really enjoyed that tonight.

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dundalk were in a different class to Rovers tonight and 3-1 flattered the Hoops.

RTE Sport headline of "Dundalk maintain title challenge" will probably come as a surprise to most sports journalists and certainly to the motley crew of pundits on MNS. Most seem to blissfully unaware that Dundalk have been serious title challengers for some time.

While the early goals were a major setback to Rovers, there was no nothing of consequence from them other then hoofball into the box.

Discipline and sportmanship also appeared lost to the Rovers management and players. Sean O'Connor not returning possession after a Dundalk player put a ball into touch to allow treatment for an injured player, Stephen Rice's petulance kicking out at Chris Shields, Trevor Croly in an post match altercation, Jason McGuinness doing likewise in the centre circle. This group are a laughing stock and must be an embarrassment to Rovers fans.

I don't know what the rest of this season holds for Stephen Kenny and the team he has cobbled together on a shoestring budget. It's been a magically mystery tour so far and this team seems to keep improving - anything is possible, although they will face bigger tests then what was presented tonight

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I forgot to mention I had a flutter on Dundalk draw no bet so another reason I'm pleased for ye!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Enda Curran
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

16. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah fair enough after everything you're justified with that one. Part of me thinks we'll rouse ourselves for El Clasico next Saturday but given our recent form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    As pat Dolan might say on MNS, about us re tonight, "Dundalk, on their performance.........one word, powerful

Battled hard in midfield all night, took a while but once the superbly complimented Towell and O'Donnell got going there was no going back for us. Brilliant home support from start to finish, really made a difference, what an atmosphere.

Missing two big payers tonight in Massey & Rossiter, & thought we might struggle, but Shields had a great game, and the new central pairing of Gartland & Boyle were really tremendous together.

Surprised not to see more fight in this Rovers side, they had a go with 15 to go, but the endless high balls in were easily dealt with by our two tall centre halfs. Hard to know what direction Rovers going on now, but to be fair that was their first defeat in almost 3 months.

For us, obviously delighted, it's not often the main stand breaks out in song, this is once a decade stuff, so maybe we are on to something big, but still a long way to go. However we surely couldn't be better positioned, 2nd spot, 1 point off top, game more played, but on games to go v top 4, we have sligo & derry both at home and away to pats.

An encouraging factor is the level of performances & fitness. Guys chasing down balls in injury time. Hoban who never played in the PD previously is now up to 10 league goals I think, with his strike partner Kurtis Byrne also scoring we even have a first choice scoring forward line.

Hard to pick out any negatives, just a great nights work.
    Last edited by oriel; 02/08/2013 at 10:58 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah fair enough after everything you're justified with that one. Part of me thinks we'll rouse ourselves for El Clasico next Saturday but given our recent form
    In fairness if your players can't pick themselves up for that game then they don't deserve to wear the shirt. Should be a cracker of a game.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I couldnt wait to get back from the pub just to say that haha ah no its gonna be a quality game next week. We are gonna have a massive crowd over by the sounds of it
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    We have been to negative or conservative this year. But tonight we were a bit of a shambles. Robinson is not up to it and chambers last game he was hooked at ht so playing them together in the middle ahead of rice was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm actually not sure What formation we were trying to play. Croly must have been on championship manager all night whatever it was. The defending for dundalks 3 goals was terrible. Even if the first two were punished clinically. O donnell and hoban were oustanding with the two centre halves cherrie and the left winger not far behind. I wouldn't normally defend players who get sent off but not only should rice have started but to be brought on as sub with ten mins left after watching the others way out of their depth all night its easy to see why he was wound up as it was nothing short of an insult
    Last edited by hoops1; 02/08/2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    In fairness if your players can't pick themselves up for that game then they don't deserve to wear the shirt. Should be a cracker of a game.
    I agree but it's worryingly reminiscent of last year. We don't even have the injuries as an excuse this year, Salmo aside. TC doesn't come across as a man that has it all in hand at present. Roddy, whatever his flaws, will not ever suffer from a lack of confidence and he has ye bang at it to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    TC doesn't come across as a man that has it all in hand at present. Roddy, whatever his flaws, will not ever suffer from a lack of confidence and he has ye bang at it to be fair.
    Very true and one thing I did notice listening to Cousins on the radio the other week was that he sounded on the verge of breaking down like Roddy has got right inside his head. One thing he needs to do is stop trying to outdo Roddy at the media talk and concentrate on his own game.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    The real question is how much will the stupid decision of giving the Rovers job to a rookie manager cost on top of last seasons debacle.... loss of income from missing out on Europe (two seasons in a row) , not winning the title (at least once), slide in ticket sales, cost of removing two managers is approx €650k (I'm close enough to our finances so these are accurate figures) , Rovers even if they sack Croly at end of this season and despite the losses mentione still have a serious amount of cash available to them - but at this point can't see how it would be plauable to allow the current Board to remain in control of it as their credibilty etc.is completely shot.
    I really don't see how we can sack Croly. He has made some bizarre decisions this year but then again so did Kenny and I think right now he's proving he's a very good coach. For the most part this season Croly has had Rovers playing good football - light years ahead of what Kenny was playing - but they've been missing something. When the pressure games come, he seems to revert to route one football (I understand that's how they played tonight) and I have to wonder if it's Croly's own inexperience or somebody up above telling him to get results by any means. I don't want my club to turn into Chelsea - we've picked Croly and I think we should give him the opportunity of seeing out his contract and see where we are then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    To put it simply Croly is a manual coach. Very good at organising,knows all the formations puts on good training sessions. Don't ask him to think on his feet. If it can't be planned for before the game he's lost. That's why we have had so many draws. He doesn't know what players are needed or how to change the game in our favour. He can't tell when its the system failing or the players not performing
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast