Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Invites First Division Expressions of Interest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Would they not just have some sort of X Factor style show to get the 8th team? JD and Emma could be the judges.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Would they not just have some sort of X Factor style show to get the 8th team? JD and Emma could be the judges.
    It worked in 2007.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    They could just get a club to throw in a team, on the basis of a 3 year commitment, and then do nothing if they pull out after a year.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That sounds like a plan we can all get behind.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Hearing the same old rumours going around, Carlow/Kilkenny team playing out of Buckley Park, Kerry League side, even Monaghan United returning.

Suppose we'll most likely find out around end of January.
    Can 100% rule Kerry out of the running, focus entirely on the all-weather pitch, and even the talk that the U-19 League had been joined seems to have gone totally quiet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Was in tolka the other day, lad there had heard rumours of IT Carlow or cabinteely (no idea what club) had expressed interest. Can't see any club joining it. 7 clubs is what I'm thinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave77 View Post
    Was in tolka the other day, lad there had heard rumours of IT Carlow or cabinteely (no idea what club) had expressed interest. Can't see any club joining it. 7 clubs is what I'm thinking
    Cabinteely?!?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Would a club like sheriff not be interested. They have put it up to league clubs over the last number of years in the cups and seem to dominate all the junior competitions they play in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sheriff don't have a ground. They'd probably have to groundshare with Shels, added the costs of running a LOI team with a very small supporter base and they'd have to give up their position in the LSL. It just isn't worth the gamble for most Dublin clubs. The lack of a proper pyramid makes it very not worth their while.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The Mirror is reporting that Cabinteely FC want to join the league. I've never heard of them before. I'm not even sure where Cabinteely is.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The Mirror is reporting that Cabinteely FC want to join the league. I've never heard of them before. I'm not even sure where Cabinteely is.
    They seem like a small junior club. 12 pitches in Kilbogget Park, and a large enough youth setup according to their website. That'd be an awfully strange addition to the league. Another team with no decent stadium and no fanbase. It'd be like Salthill Devon all over again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    True, but there is a gap in the market for a team in the Dun Laoghire/SE Dublin area, and if it was well thought out, such a club could be successful. Also, I think Crumlin United should apply: they've dominated the LSL now for 2 years running, so they're clearly ready to move up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    "Gap in the market" - perennial famous last words in LOI.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts
    Played them years ago underage.They are a very small club. Surprised to hear they are interested.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In the interests of accuracy, Sherriff don't play in the Leinster Senior League (LSL) CD. They are a Junior club and they are members of the Athletic Union League (AUL)

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yes, sorry, I type faster than I think sometimes

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think IT Carlow should join tbh.. Full time football course there and fantastic facilities. They could also use Buckley park in Kilkenny for home games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    I hate this idea of "they dominated junior/intermediate football so are ready to step up". It's not about the first team or how well the club do on the pitch that matters. Most clubs who dominate junior and intermediate football barely get 50 people to watch a match and don't have anything near the same financial outgoings of senior clubs.

Again, it's the same as Salthill Devon or Mervue United. Granted, at least Meruve on occasion were able to get 200 or so to home games, but Salthill had nobody watching them, and it's effectively killed the once thriving junior club.

Crumlin United wouldn't be a good addition to the League of Ireland, not would any Dublin based side. The Dublin City and Sporting Fingal ideas should have been proof enough to everyone that nobody will take on another Dublin team. 'Gap in the market' isn't a suitable reason to bring in another club or for a club to reach too far beyond their capabilities.

I'd fully welcome a Carlow IT team, but I believe they already have a decent enough stadium within the college grounds with a seated stand and wouldn't need to use Buckley Park. Stand to be corrected on that one though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I dont thnk IT Carlow have a football pitch witha stand .Their GAA team does I Think.. They mainly use 3G Astro pitches in the college. With the FAI course in the college they could develop a decent following in the town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    According to their website, the main stand in the college has 660 seats, and 'state of the art' changing facilities with another 250 seat stand in the Rugby pitch. I'm sure the main arena could easily be altered for use as a football pitch if they got into the league. They've a 4G artificial pitch too. So, it seems the facilities are definitely there.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast