Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Coaching + Development Resources

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Question Coaching + Development Resources

Just want to point this out to people, there is some good stuff on www.fai.ie for Football Coaches/Trainers ..... Services and Education

Anyone know of other resources that people might find useful?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    The coaching/ education site is impossible to find from the main FAI website- list of coaching courses and other resources here: http://coaching.fai.ie/
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Coerver Coaching have their Youth Diploma on in Tolka Park on the 17/18 of August.
    This is a brilliant course, check out their website www.coervercoaching.ie or you can find it on facebook.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Here is another good one -> www.coachingfamily.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    This is a handy PDF to have as well .... Coaches contact across Ireland.

http://www.fai.ie/images/stories/Con...nformation.pdf

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    An event of possible interest? Feel free to copy to another part of the forum if there is a better place to promote it.

A Multi Directional Workshop at the NDSL Academy on Saturday 7th December starting at 12.30 which is supported by Fingal Sports & Dublin City Sports Network.

The workshop is being run by Mike Antoniades from The Running School, London. Mike is one of the best running/Multi directional coaches in the world. This is first of many workshops available to sports coaches and athletes; to improve Participation, Positive Learning & Development. The focus of these workshops is to bring the very best coaches across various codes to Ireland. Affordable workshops by professional coaches.

From Ireland Mike has worked with Keith Wood helping him with his back rehab and with Stephen Reid (West Brom), he does a lot of work with London Irish Rugby players. They send him all their seriously injured players. His methodology both Rehab and Speed is being used by Bolton Wanderers, Crystal Palace, Germany, Norway, Italy Switzerland and the USA. He also consultant to 3 Premiership football clubs and 2 Rugby Clubs on Speed & Rehab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wonder some times if the FAI is really interested in getting the coaches/players in Ireland developed or are they just in the business to make money?

For example the FAI have created a new website where they store lots of drills, session planners and other helpful information for beginner and more experienced coaches. A great idea I think but the €45 annual subscription fee is a bit of a deterrent.

http://coaching.fai.ie/

On the other side of the water (passed the UK) there is the KNVB who set up a similar website to help beginning coaches to plan training sessions with over 700 exercises to pick from. You can simply click on a exercise you want to include in your session (5 including warming up) and store the session. You can also print it as pdf in a detailed or short version of the session to bring with you to the pitch.. Very impressive. All drills are categorized and you can really focus on the area you like the team to develop in. ...and.....it's free

http://trainingsplanner.voetbal.nl/search.php

The only problem is... you need to be able to read Dutch..

Why does the FAI charge you for something like this. This is very useful to beginning coaches especially in the smaller clubs where the coaches are just parents who might not even have played soccer.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I wonder some times if the FAI is really interested in getting the coaches/players in Ireland developed or are they just in the business to make money?
    I've recently started coaching a couple of teams in Australia, just to get back into things and the difference to the what is happening at home is unbelievable.

Every club I've been to have qualified coaches helping out at every age group. The coaches there have told me that when new coaches join, if they are interested, they start their badges straight away at a huge discount to regular prices because they are involved with clubs.

From 6's to 11's there are set curriculum that can be followed to coach the kids properly. The FA are hugely invested in building from an early age and doing it properly. Most clubs have a director of football type figure for schoolboys to implement all of this.

This season they have also introduced National Schoolboy Leagues. Basically they are the best of the best schoolboys. They train 3 or 4 times a week, will only be managed by the top coaches and only play teams of a similar standard. Each of these clubs can only have a squad of 16 or 18, not sure which, and cannot have a B team.

Easier to do here than in Ireland as the numbers are much bigger here, but they are really planning for the future. The structure in place is solid and if this NSL works as it is planned, it will make it even better.

I should be starting the Australian badges soon, so I will put up any material I get to compare to home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/default.stm

Anyone have any other websites or books on coaching?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/default.stm

Anyone have any other websites or books on coaching?
    I have a folder full of training methods and books here.

If anyone wants it, PM me your email address and I'll send it on

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Hi guys,

I've tried to send this file in bits to a couple of people but it is just too big.

Once I get the time in work I will upload it somewhere and post the link here.