Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Save Waterford United

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Save Waterford United

Hi guys, sorry if this is an inappropriate post, but desperate times call for desperate meseaures and I would plea to the mods to leave this post up.

As you are all well informed by now Waterford United FC could be wound up tomorrow due to arrogance and incompetence from our board.

The fans have had enough and are driving one final push to see if we can raise a few quid to but towards the claim. Henderson has been quoted to say that he can't (and rightly so!!) trust our board to pay but if somebody else was to promise him his money then an agreement could possibly be made. This is where the fans have stepped in, we are trying to get the money suffice enough to put towards the clubs offer the Mr. Henderson in what will hopefully be an acceptable offer.

Just to say as well, that not 1 red cent will go to WUFC this is a separate offer from the fans of WUFC.

If anybody wishes to pledge a few quid then it would be greatly appreciated.

You can do so in cash form (we can arrange a meeting place) or via our PayPal account madblaa@gmail.com

Please please please help support out final push to save our great history steeped club.

Cheers,
    Alan Forristal,
    WUFC Fan.

BTID!!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    I have no issue with this being here. Hope ye pull through.

You may want to check that dahamsta's cool with it via the support forum though.
    Last edited by Mr A; 28/07/2013 at 2:50 PM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    A worthy cause, but the question that naturally arises is what happens to the money if Henderson refuses to settle? As things stand, funds could get sucked into legal costs, or will the account stay open as the starting point for a Waterford United Supporters Trust phoenix club if needs be?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    A worthy cause, but the question that naturally arises is what happens to the money if Henderson refuses to settle? As things stand, funds could get sucked into legal costs, or will the account stay open as the starting point for a Waterford United Supporters Trust phoenix club if needs be?
    From reading posts in their facebook group they have promised to return any money given to them if they dont pull through tomorrow morning.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    You'd have to think that Henderson is pushing them hard to improve their offer to him. It's a bit unrealistic to be offering him payments in 2014 and 2015. He's right to push them hard but I can't see the worst actually occurring tomorrow. Hopefully not anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I can't see the worst actually occurring tomorrow.
    They owe him a court-mandated amount of money. According to the newspapers, they havent offered him what he is owed. I can see the worst happening tomorrow.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Awful pity whats happening in Waterford but from the outside looking in it seems like a case of if we ignore it long enough it might go away. Now it has all come to a head.

Hopefully Waterford pull through and the current board are put out on their arses. All this league needs is another big city having team go to the wall.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Just to be clear, what happens when Waterford can't pay up tomorrow? Immediate winding-up order? Does the club immediately withdraw from the LOI then?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    They owe him a court-mandated amount of money. According to the newspapers, they havent offered him what he is owed. I can see the worst happening tomorrow.
    Henderson can withdraw the petition if he wants to. He may very well wait until the last possible minute but he can still do it. Nothing to stop him re-issuing proceedings if they don't stick to any agreement. He won't get any money in a liquidation seeing as Waterford don't have any assets.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Just to reiterate what was said above. Every penny is accounted for and every penny will be returned should this appeal go unheard.

All donations thus far are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Awful pity whats happening in Waterford but from the outside looking in it seems like a case of if we ignore it long enough it might go away. Now it has all come to a head.

Hopefully Waterford pull through and the current board are put out on their arses. All this league needs is another big city having team go to the wall.
    Nail. On. Head. Crazy way to do things. Sad that it's come to this but don't see how they left Henderson any other option.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    What time is the case on today? I'm nervous about this all weekend since Henderson came out on Saturday rejecting latest offer as I thought would be sorted by now before it came to this. Hopefully we can pull through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    What time is the case on today? I'm nervous about this all weekend since Henderson came out on Saturday rejecting latest offer as I thought would be sorted by now before it came to this. Hopefully we can pull through.
    11am.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.