Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Series 22 and 19.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    No. Even if the whispers of Ronnie Whelan replacing Baraclough in September are true, it's Pat's league to lose. No-one else has the consistency or the stability to challenge. Anyone who denies that is either a superstitious Pat's fan or a buffoon.
    We have won 8 drew 1 and lost 1 of our last 10 games! Is that not consistency?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I'm hoping for a big Dick Brush clanger tonight as its the only chance we have as we are sh1te.
    As it turned out he was the hero saving the penalty. Not a result either set of fans will be happy with. They play each other next in the League on the last day of the season which may or may not have a significance. A good weekend for St.Pats so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Dundalk can't win the league as their team was so poor last year.

That is how bad pundits are in Ireland. An irrelevant fact is paramount.

That Dundalk are in form and improving is discounted.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Absolute rubbish from Town tonight. Not even a semblance of a plan. We have some decent players and O'Sullivan is a class act but Mervue played us off the park. I think we're destined for another year in the First Division if it exists next year.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Absolute rubbish from Town tonight. Not even a semblance of a plan. We have some decent players and O'Sullivan is a class act but Mervue played us off the park. I think we're destined for another year in the First Division if it exists next year.
    Players are all over the shop, since when is Rhys Gorman a full back? David O'Neill sitting on the bench? Gary Shaw out of position all year with Purdy sitting on the bench? Sully moved out wide constantly? Where are these decisions coming from? As for the set piece marking its attractions, you would have never seen that when Coffey was here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Same story as its been for us for most of the season. Didn't take our chances. Hit the post twice, missed a penalty and Brush definitely man of the match. Shams seemed like they had very little interest in winning the game. But certainly our best performance in a while. Will need to go on some run to catch Pats though.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Was that when we beat ye in Oriel?

Bloody hell! We are ridiculously inconsistent.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Players are all over the shop, since when is Rhys Gorman a full back? David O'Neill sitting on the bench? Gary Shaw out of position all year with Purdy sitting on the bench? Sully moved out wide constantly? Where are these decisions coming from? As for the set piece marking its attractions, you would have never seen that when Coffey was here!
    I don't know what they're doing in training but it doesn't appear to be working on tactics. Cousins gave Philip Coffey the flick for being "too defensive and old fashioned" apparently. I'm not saying he was a tactical genius either but things sure as hell haven't improved since he left. Depressing stuff.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Again Cousins' lack of a plan B has cost him. I forget how many times he re-shuffled the back 4? i know an injury forced one but playing Gorman at right back??? Shaw lasting another 70 mins while Purdy sat again for the whole night on the bench. Also he seems intent on forcing long ball football. At one stage in the first half Gorman came for a short ball from Bennion to try and get something going from the back and Cousins roars at Gorman to get back up the pitch!! I think Cousins has sh*t himself and that's filtering through the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Time for the Rovers Board to realise they've got it wrong again and start to target a new manager for next season as Croly just isn't up to it - more than even chance that we'll fail to even qualify for Europe , with the resources available this season and last are a abject failure on account of conservative board members who are more concerned with ensuring their own pay packets are safe rather than investing in the right manager- real pity as we could of become Ireland's version of Rosenberg but small minded thinking by the main players on our Board have let us down.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I don't know what they're doing in training but it doesn't appear to be working on tactics. Cousins gave Philip Coffey the flick for being "too defensive and old fashioned" apparently. I'm not saying he was a tactical genius either but things sure as hell haven't improved since he left. Depressing stuff.
    I know a lot of people weren't big PC fans but I use to always watch him at games and whenever there was a set piece he was out barking out orders and if any player was somewhere they shouldn't have been by God he let them know it. Tonight there were 4 Mervue players on the edge of the box it was so clear they were rolling it short but no one coped it on the bench and as a result they scored only then did Gary Cronin decide to write something down its flipping laughable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Again Cousins' lack of a plan B has cost him. I forget how many times he re-shuffled the back 4? i know an injury forced one but playing Gorman at right back??? Shaw lasting another 70 mins while Purdy sat again for the whole night on the bench. Also he seems intent on forcing long ball football. At one stage in the first half Gorman came for a short ball from Bennion to try and get something going from the back and Cousins roars at Gorman to get back up the pitch!! I think Cousins has sh*t himself and that's filtering through the team.
    Does anyone else get the impression he takes a dislike to certain players and just leaves them out for weeks on end as a result. Purdy hasn't played a prominent role in weeks! Yes he was in poor form so he was totally right to bench him but when his replacement doesn't do his job you put him back in and hope he got the kick up the arse he needs. He done the same for McCarthy and he's doing the same with Gavin Doyle. It's horrific management.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Time for the Rovers Board to realise they've got it wrong again and start to target a new manager for next season as Croly just isn't up to it - more than even chance that we'll fail to even qualify for Europe , with the resources available this season and last are a abject failure on account of conservative board members who are more concerned with ensuring their own pay packets are safe rather than investing in the right manager- real pity as we could of become Ireland's version of Rosenberg but small minded thinking by the main players on our Board have let us down.
    If ye want we'll give ye Cousins.....we'll even pay ye money as well as part of the deal!!

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Was that when we beat ye in Oriel?

Bloody hell! We are ridiculously inconsistent.
    No, it was being 0-2 up at Limerick and losing 3-2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    but Mervue played us off the park.
    You're not the first team they've done that to this season. They are genuine promotion contenders, which I've been banging on about on here for ages.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    No, it was being 0-2 up at Limerick and losing 3-2.
    Ah right. Just checked there and the UCD game was the one just before the start of that run.

At this stage, we've beaten yourselves and Derry away, got four points off Rovers and yet only four points from six games against Bohs, Bray and Shels. Crazy stuff.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    All your fans said the same last year, We in Dundalk are delighted with that decision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ah right. Just checked there and the UCD game was the one just before the start of that run.

At this stage, we've beaten yourselves and Derry away, got four points off Rovers and yet only four points from six games against Bohs, Bray and Shels. Crazy stuff.
    I know what ye mean, we beat Pats, Derry, and Sligo away, slipped up to UCD at home and threw away points against Limerick. We also picked up points from losing positions agains Drogs and Lims at home and Cork away and by all accounts just hung against Bray! Shams next week and see how we go in the final round, suffer it all again lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Lol wow.

LOL indeed, we were once the 2nd most sucessful side, 11 years w.o a trophy was enough to put us down to 4th now, 1. Rovers 2. Bohs 3. Shels......could be wrong in the order of 2 and 3, but saw something before on this and only PD leagues and FAI Cups count in the order of merit.

As for 2013, I still dont think we will win it, but with 11 games to go and sitting in 2nd spot, we have a chance, thats for sure plus momentum is building with each win. If we beat Pats for a 3rd time in Sept that might change things, but I still cant see a title win. Seem to think a 3rd place finish might be our limits, european qualification would a terrific achievement, probably would be disappointed with less.
    Last edited by oriel; 28/07/2013 at 1:08 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I have to say I love the way we are being written off. its great. this team fears no one and more or less everyone in oriel is enjoying the ride while it lasts. For me though I believe we have 11 cup finals from now until the end of the season. We can beat all the teams in the league. This season does remind me of the last time we won the league in 94/95. even in the last day of the season we were still being discounted.
    Long Live King Kenny

23. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast