Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LOI Series 21 & 18- Premier & First division fixtures.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Longford goalie was limping for nearly an hour, don't know if he was pretending to be injured to waste time, but I think he is rubbish good shot stopper but distribution of the ball is shocking only passes or throws 2 or 3 times a game hoofs it mostly to the opposition center halves / goalie or out for throw ins,
    I was at the game last night best game Gillespie has played for ages, 2 center mids and strikers were all that stood out for Longford, the right winger for Cobh had at least 20 yards of space nearly all night shocking display by the longford left winger, Cousins has his work cut out getting these guys to keep the ball on the ground let alone play a standard of football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Matthews is a tool. Lost dressing rooms at Drogheda and Shels and finished as a LOI manager.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Just cos you don't like what he did at shels and drogs doesn't mean he's finished as a manager!!! He worked wonders at Longford and is still highly regarded down here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Really cant understand this talk about getting rid of Cousins. Ye are top of the league for christ sake
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    We've all been saying this since last season or earlier, it shouldn't come as any surprise ^^

My own opinion is that he's a nice man, has good contacts which means he can put together a good squad on a small budget. But he's not a very good manager when it comes to tactics and decision making at match day, nor can he coach a defence, it's only a matter of time before he gets let go. Even if we do get promoted he wouldn't survive past the 1st season up there.. Think of it as a similar situation to Skully at Limerick and Shams, a difference being that our players seem to genuinely like the man.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 21/07/2013 at 8:02 PM.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    We've all been saying this since last season or earlier, it shouldn't come as any surprise ^^

My own opinion is that he's a nice man, has good contacts which means he can put together a good squad on a small budget. But he's not a very good manager when it comes to tactics and decision making at match day, nor can he coach a defence, it's only a matter of time before he gets let go. Even if we do get promoted he wouldn't survive past the 1st season up there.. Think of it as a similar situation to Skully at Limerick and Shams, a difference being that our players seem to genuinely like the man.
    Exactly, I am surprised you stayed with him from the start, but I guess if this is the last year of his contract. Tactically he is all over the place.
    He has built a tidy team tough. How is Gillespie for yis this season?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Hasn't played all that much through injury and suspension. He's been ok when I've seen him, he gives it his all but the legs are gone.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Hasn't played all that much through injury and suspension. He's been ok when I've seen him, he gives it his all but the legs are gone.
    He adds nothing to the team in my opinion. Only positive effect he had on the team all season was when he came on as a sub away to Waterford on the wing and set up the equaliser with a trademark cross. He hasn't been used in this role since. Can't understand it!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    That's one of Cousins tactical downfalls. He finds a position that a player plays well in and doesn't play him there again. The best I seen Purdy play for us was in the hole in front of midfield. He played him there before he got injured last season. Haven't seen him play there since!

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    That's one of Cousins tactical downfalls. He finds a position that a player plays well in and doesn't play him there again. The best I seen Purdy play for us was in the hole in front of midfield. He played him there before he got injured last season. Haven't seen him play there since!
    Last season was simply comical. Mick Lee and Tom Crawley were the best left wing partnership in the country, what did he do but move Crawley up front? Played Bermingham (a striker) in central midfield and played Chris Deans at full back. He seems to find new positions for players that they simply aren't.

13. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345