Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Series 21 & 18- Premier & First division fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Dundalk were robbed there. Perfectly good goal in first half disallowed, harsh peno and still almost won it right at the end.
    Nothing wrong with Gartland's 'second' goal Adam, but the peno was clumsy from Sullivan, I would have given it. To be fair thought a draw was a probably a fair result, knew we'd go for it in the last ten, but that must be a huge worry about not being able to close out games for City, has happened too many times, and already it will define your season.

Dlk were missing Towell, Boyle, Mulvenna, Mountney, Ward, (long term injury) Dillon (dropped) and Massey (taken off HT injury precaution) , so thats at least 4 ,possibly 5 starters who missed out, probably explained the flat performance at times, so we will be happy to take the point home.

We're nicely placed now, Rovers at home in 2 weeks will determine if we can push on further, or if a euro spot will be the limit, but from the top 4 I think we have the least matches v the other sides at the top. I think we only have one game each v the other sides in the top 5 and most are at home with only Pats away.

I still think we will do well to take the final euro spot, but we'll have a big say on who does win the league. A clean sweep v Pats away would make things interesting.
    Last edited by oriel; 20/07/2013 at 12:04 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Bloody hell, Rovers were muck tonight. Bigger and more physical than us, but no spark at all. Even their goal had a slice of luck about it, and we weren't under any real pressure till the last ten minutes or so.

Then bloody Dinny Corcoran of all people had to go and score twice for Bohs. Getting quite tight at the bottom now. No guarantee Drogheda, Limerick or Cork won't get dragged into things yet either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Getting quite tight at the bottom now. No guarantee Drogheda, Limerick or Cork won't get dragged into things yet either.
    Yep, 10 points separating the bottom 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Woohoo, another draw!
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Looking at that table, Drogs even with a game in hand, might be looking over their shoulder. Very tight at the bottom!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Looking at that table, Drogs even with a game in hand, might be looking over their shoulder. Very tight at the bottom!
    Their league form has been a shambles but it is obvious that they prioritised the Setanta Cup and Europe and put in some very good performances in those competitions. I expect them to put a string of wins together in the league and finish in a comfortable mid table position.
    Last edited by White Horse; 20/07/2013 at 9:25 AM.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Their league form has been a shambles but it is obvious that they prioritised the Setanta Cup and Europe and put in some very good performances in those competitions. I expect them to put a string of wins together in the league and finish in a comfortable mid table position.
    I dont know about that at all! Apart from the two excellent Setanta home wins against Derry and Sligo, Drogheda have been poor in all competitions, despite adding significantly to their squad of last season.

Currently the under-achiever of the season tag rests between Drogs and Rovers. While Rovers have clearly found some form, Drogheda's season could still see them go either direction in the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    . Killer and Kavanagh on the scoresheet against Dundalk.
    Kilduff is a real player.

Kilduff 2 Zayed 1

Even in a medicore Cork team Kilduff could finish with more league goals then Zayed

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Yeah? I thought it was a good match...not that pretty, I grant you but it was edge of the seat stuff.

Shels' second goal was terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    i was at shels game tonight as neutral.. limerick were impressive in 1st half but johnny macs subs turned the game.. thought adam hanlon and sean brennan were electric.. the second goal for shels was top drawer.. the first goal for shels from murtagh( i think) was class as well.. bossakotta wasnt in game second half and kept goin deep.. think shels will stay up
    I thought both teams lacked any real cutting edge going forward. Lots of sloppy passes from both sides and a lot of wasted possession from both sides. Even at 1 up I had a feeling we would lose. We made some silly errors on numerous occasions at the back and I felt it was going to take its toll at some stage. While Shels first goal was a good finish it was gifted by a poor touch from Calla. We have given away nearly a goal a game by losing possession on the edge of the box. Our main problem was when it wasn't working in attack we didn't change the shape at all. Pumping balls up to a loan man with no-one nearby the feed off it. Shels while not actually getting the lions share of possession after the first goal still got the momentum and were dangerous on the counter every time. Our bench is also killing us for most of the season. Barr Bradly and Gaffney every match the bench is packed with 17 and 18 year olds. A few signings are needed but I think we will be just about safe with what we have also.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Kilduff is a real player.

Kilduff 2 Zayed 1

Even in a medicore Cork team Kilduff could finish with more league goals then Zayed
    Well it's also

Kilduff played 3 Zayed played 2

But he could very well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Good win for us away in Wexford to keep us within touching distance, should we somehow pay off Henderson by next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well it's also

Kilduff played 3 Zayed played 2

But he could very well
    Part of the problem for Croly is being unable / unwilling to give some players the run of games needed to get into a scoring groove.

It was always going to be difficult for any of Sheppard, Quigley, Stewart or Kilduff to find scoring form with irregular game time (and insipid tactics from Croly).

It would be hugely ironic, if after spending a small fortune on Zayed, it became apparent that Kilduff can deliver (even with a limited Cork side) the goal scoring threat that Rovers have been missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I dont know about that at all! Apart from the two excellent Setanta home wins against Derry and Sligo, Drogheda have been poor in all competitions, despite adding significantly to their squad of last season.

Currently the under-achiever of the season tag rests between Drogs and Rovers. While Rovers have clearly found some form, Drogheda's season could still see them go either direction in the table.
    That's fairly harsh. We're still in the league cup, FAI Cup and hardly disgraced ourselves in Europe.

Can't defend the league form though, hasn't been good enough. We overachieved last year and were underachieving this year.
    You've got no fans.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I think thats a fair point by M Drog, to be fair they did very well for the gulf in class v Malmo, and have a good chance of making the last 8 in the FAI Cup, I never really rate the lge cup, as hardly a single PD side puts out a close to full strenght side until the 1.4 F.

But the league form is poor, especially as Eziekial said they did add significantly to their squad. I should have taken the Paddy Power season bet back in March, who will finish higher, the prices werent great, something like 6/4, but it was Drogs who were favs at the time!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    That's fairly harsh. We're still in the league cup, FAI Cup and hardly disgraced ourselves in Europe.

Can't defend the league form though, hasn't been good enough. We overachieved last year and were underachieving this year.
    Perhaps harsh in the sense that Drogheda have had no bad results in the 3 EA Sports and FAI Cups games played, although they would have been expected to win both EA Sports Cup home matches against Longford and Cork and ditto away to Bohs in the FAI Cup.

The Setanta Cup 7-1 humiliation and winning only 4 out of 20 league games is dire.

The negative turnaround from last season is all the more surprising considering the quality that was added to the squad this season. I believe that the season could swing in either direction for Drogheda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post

It shows how difficult it is to improve on a spectacularly good season and how "improvements" can actually weaken a side. Mick Cooke make big decisions before the season, bringing in new players and turfing out or dropping ones that were so good last season. On paper, Drogheda are a better team this season, but last years side were harder opponents.

I still think it will come good for Drogheda. There is too much quality in the squad for their current position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Town 1-0 up, header from Josh. No updates on ET tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    2-0 Rhys Gorman. Good times

edit: 3-0 O'Sullivan

good day as any to sort the GD.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 20/07/2013 at 8:20 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    You're wrong on the goalscorers acorn, aertel has it down that our new signing Goal has scored both goals!! On extratime I'm very disappointed. I've only missed 3 Town games this season and all 3 had no updates. Is it like that all year?? Don't remember it been that bad last year.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 20/07/2013 at 8:19 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    3-0 now some say O'Sullivan but aertel say goal got his hat-trick!
    Last edited by Town Legend; 20/07/2013 at 8:21 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast