Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Callaghan leaves Bohs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Rumours has it that Curran said in an interview with a Chinese paper he's mulling over two offers from 'the Milan clubs and I don't know whether to go red and black or blue and black'. Needless to say misinterpretations led to Longford and Athlone supporters thinking Curran said the Midland clubs instead of the Milan clubs. That same paper said that a certain Roderick Collins has said he'd be very interested in taking charge of Shaghai Pudong Zobon FC if they decide to get rid of their current under fire manager.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Well you are just presuming. No facts. Roddy has told people within Athlone that he has no interest in leaving. Ye seem more obsessed with Roddy than yer own club.
    Yes I'm presuming but based on 15 or so years following LOI and my basic understanding of how the world works. I don't presume that other clubs aren't contacting our manager/player if they want them. The LOI is too small and it's just too easy to do that it actually would genuinely shock me if feelers were not put out well before any official approach. You seem to take everything Roddy tells people as the truth. I rate Roddy as a manager funnily enough but I wouldn't believe a word he says. He works for himself and always has.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Heary to remain on as caretaker manager until September at least, according to the Twitter machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Roddy and Pat Dolan have turned it down. Heary cannot get the job full time because he doesn't have his pro licence

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Random rumour-mongering - did Bohs want Roddy for his licence alone?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    It's said that he had unfinished business, to prove the doubters wrong, that he wasn't a lucky manager, that he was more than just a double winner who sired half the players (in a coaching sense) playing in the LOI and the EPL/SPL. He wanted it, wanted it bad like Pat Dolan wanted that last Rolo, like a Rovers fan wants to believe that they are royalty on a par with Porto and Partizan Belgrade. But it wasn't to be. Athlone, those Midland devils sitting in the centre of the island, wouldn't let him go for less than a bag of turf and box of eggs (rancid ones to throw at Longford as they rose from the graveyard Division into the Purgatory Division), but since Bohs are so stony broke and without a trough to hiss in, they had to hang onto the Rod, his squad and his dream of rising into the Premier and getting out before a) the club are mathematically assured of relegation or b) bankrupt.

Rumour Magicme has an option on Roddy's contract and was asking too much for the transfer.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    .................its true, Roddy was gagging for the Bohs job but given his shy retiring nature he didn't mention it to anyone and he was passed over for the gig in favour of Owen Heary. It is also true that Owen only accepted the job after assurances that the 3/4 million coming in from reselling the Tramway end would be ploughed into team development (Champions League Group stages here we come) Previous frontrunner Pat Devlin withdrew his application on hearing that Eddie Rocketts were no longer operating out of Dalymount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123