Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI series 20 & 17 - Premier and First division fixtures.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    You said in your orginial post "Dundalk's investigation hasn't led to them asking a single Pats fan what happened"

How do you know this? Do you know or have you been speaking to every Pats fan personally?
    Now you are just being silly.

Dodge has a telepathic connection with all Pats fans and has a detailed database of those who have attended matches in Oriel Park. Of course he would know instantly if any Pats fan was asked.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Just for anyone who missed MNS last night, Sava's brainfart is about 30 seconds in here and well worth watching -

Question is - red or yellow card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    You said in your orginial post "Dundalk's investigation hasn't led to them asking a single Pats fan what happened"

How do you know this? Do you know or have you been speaking to every Pats fan personally?
    Come on now, the LOI is tiny. If dundalk were to contact those in attendance, they'd get their details from the club or the supporters club. I know this hasn't happened. Now if they, independently, found out who was in attendance, and got their contact details without going through any of the Pats representatives, then that raises another couple of issues

Are you suggesting that's the case?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Come on now, the LOI is tiny. If dundalk were to contact those in attendance, they'd get their details from the club or the supporters club. I know this hasn't happened. Now if they, independently, found out who was in attendance, and got their contact details without going through any of the Pats representatives, then that raises another couple of issues

Can you not await the outcome of the investigation before criticising Dundalk FC? You are giving the clear impression of pursuing an agenda irrespective of the facts that have yet to be established.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

So every fan that was at a game would be known to Pats?

We played in Thomand a few weeks back and had 150-175 there.

I know for a fact that the club wouldnt know half the people that were there

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

I'd consider it a very unlikely scenario that Dundalk independently tracked down only non-regular travelling Pats fans to question about an incident involving a very active Pats fan who was presumably in the company of mainly other very active travelling Pats fans.

In fact, I'd say it's downright improbable.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Can you not await the outcome of the investigation before criticising Dundalk FC? You are giving the clear impression of pursuing an agenda irrespective of the facts that have yet to be established.
    I merely stated that their investigation hasn't gone so far as to ask any Pats fans what happened. Maybe the FAI investigtion superceded the Dundalk one and they, essentially, stopped doing thier own investigation (I presume they asked their safety people and stewards for their side almost immediately). To be honest I think that's most likely.

I was reply to this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    according to DFC.com an investigation is taking place of the all aspects of the pats match and act on their findings. http://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-2/ Also what doesn't help is gutter journalism that blew the whole incident out of all proportion.
    So I was pointing out that the poster's claim that the Dundalk investigation would look into "all aspects" was wrong and I asked for examples of gutter press.

I don't think a post on the LOI blog counts

What I was replying to on here though were these posts
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts

So your saying Dundalk asked Pats for names and contact details for supporters who travelled and Pats said "we don't know any of them". Not the supporters club members, not the season ticket holders, not the people who had contacted the club to give their own evidence/story about the incident.

Instead, Dundalk were able to find the names and contact details for Pats fans in the ground at the time, that Pats didn't know, and Dundalk chose to talk to them about the incident rather than the various representatives who Pats could easily have provided details for.

Sounds logical

As above, I think Dundalk's investigation proabably stopped when the FAI got involved. I think some of the cheerleading here from Dundalk fans is hilarious though
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    What was yourman doing when he fell down the stairs? Was it after a goal or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    What was yourman doing when he fell down the stairs? Was it after a goal or something?
    I'm not sure that has been established. I've heard he was standing on a seat and I've also heard that he tripped over a dividing railing. I've also heard that he was drunk but I can't confirm any of this as I wasn't in the stand after the game. So conflicting reports.

I think this debate has gone as far as it can though, blame lies on all sides here. Dundalk steward for opening the gate, Pats fans for forcing their way into the home section of the stand etc etc.

It was an unfortunate accident and lessons should be learnt, no point continuing to take each others heads off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The problems were LONG before the gate was opened, and tbh, that issue is the smallest of all them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    He was waiting to leave the ground at full time. Again, the issue isn't that he fell (that happens). It's the (lack of) response from stewards and others that's in question.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    So it was just a accident then? I thought it was something more sinister. Hopefully Dundalk take measures to make sure it dosen't happen again. As for the poor responce after it happened, well that's not on. All clubs should take note of this and train stewards how to act when such indidents happen. The level of training for stewards is very poor all around the league. ( yes I know they are volunteers etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    The problems were LONG before the gate was opened, and tbh, that issue is the smallest of all them.

He was waiting to leave the ground at full time. Again, the issue isn't that he fell (that happens). It's the (lack of) response from stewards and others that's in question.
    Such as?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    As above, I think Dundalk's investigation proabably stopped when the FAI got involved. I think some of the cheerleading here from Dundalk fans is hilarious though
    I do not know one Dundalk fan who finds this funny dodge. maybe you do but this incident/accident could of been a lot more serious, so allow an investigation to take place and for the full facts of the events to be established.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    I do not know one Dundalk fan who finds this funny dodge. maybe you do but this incident/accident could of been a lot more serious, so allow an investigation to take place and for the full facts of the events to be established.
    The one constant theme from Dundalk fans is that the circumstances surrounding the serious injury to the fan must be investigated.

No one is Oriel Park finds this funny.

However, the attempt by some Pats fans and gutter bloggers to smear the club and suggest sinister behaviour on behalf of stewards without any evidence is contemptible and opportunistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Such as?
    Listen I've been over this a million times. You can easily find out. jinxy's right, let's leave it until a report is pblished/announced
    ---

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Have the gutter journalists been downgraded to gutter bloggers? Or is that an upgrade?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts

Your tweet on the night certainly does not tie with your comment here.... "that he fell (that happens)". The goal posts have been moved then, it is no longer that stewards 'got their way' and that their actions lead to a fans injury it is now that they lack response after the accident. All seems too hazy and kneejerkish.
    Lets wait for the outcome of the FAI investigation.

Logic would suggest that Dundalk had an internal investigation and forwarded findings to the FAI who were conducting an investigation accross all parties involved.

I hope Hanno is getting on well with his recovery!!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 17/07/2013 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    double post
    Last edited by Nesta99; 17/07/2013 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    I'm not sure that has been established. I've heard he was standing on a seat and I've also heard that he tripped over a dividing railing. I've also heard that he was drunk but I can't confirm any of this as I wasn't in the stand after the game. So conflicting reports.
    The one i heard is that he fell over laughing when 'We are the Champions' was played!

23. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast