Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI series 20 & 17 - Premier and First division fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    We'll be there or thereabouts. If we can stop giving away stupid goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    You can count us out of a title race, we don't have the fight for it. We're going for a European place.

My money is on Shams for the league.
    Don't think its that we don't have the fight,i think at the moment we're just not good enough.When we have all the injured lads back we should have as strong a side as any but in my opinion the manager is restricting us with his system,would love to see us getting back to playing ball but i don't think that'll happen while he's in charge,he has his own ideas and obviously believes in them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Dundalk fans at home to Bohs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    How many were disgracing the club not long after at the train station? eh HomerJay - you would know a few i'm sure!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    How many were disgracing the club not long after at the train station? eh HomerJay - you would know a few i'm sure!!
    Id say 20/30 at the most

Theres a video floating about of outside the train station, Our club should get a look at it and ban anyone acting the maggot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    You can count us out of a title race, we don't have the fight for it. We're going for a European place.

My money is on Shams for the league.
    So the team are following your defeatest lead then? You have drawn 1-1 with the league leaders, sit second 4 points off top, have scored the same as the leaders and conceded only 3 more with over a third of the season left....yeah! sure catastrophic!

Cunning plan there sligoman playing down your chances and taking the weight of expectation off - Alex Ferguson would be very impressed im sure!;P

It really is a funny old game as we are a long way behind you on GD and Pats fans havent stopped talking about us already being champions.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/07/2013 at 7:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Id say 20/30 at the most
    20 to 30 at the most, that all! well sure thats ok then ....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    20 to 30 at the most, that all! well sure thats ok then ....
    Did I say it was ok?

You asked "How many were disgracing the club not long after at the train station?"

I replied to your question with about 20/30 at the most. I was in Kennedys looking out the window at them at the time, just got in before they shut the doors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It was a rhetorical question really, but no you didnt say it was ok. The 'at the most' is a bit misleading in a tone of seeming acceptance, whereas something like 'there were at least' would sound a little more condemning. It is HomerJay id like hear an answer from tbh as he would be seen as somone who stands among those who would be accused and no doubt knows the type and people i'm on about. I do acknowledge though that HomerJay himself would not be a culprit
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/07/2013 at 7:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    It is HomerJay id like hear an answer from tbh as he would be seen as somone who stands among those who would be accused and no doubt knows the type and people i'm on about. I do acknowledge though that HomerJay himself would not be a culprit
    Bad types?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    It was a rhetorical question really, but no you didnt say it was ok. The 'at the most' is a bit misleading in a tone of seeming acceptance, whereas something like 'there were at least' would sound a little more condemning. It is HomerJay id like hear an answer from tbh as he would be seen as somone who stands among those who would be accused and no doubt knows the type and people i'm on about. I do acknowledge though that HomerJay himself would not be a culprit
    I stand right beside many of the lads involved and could easily name at least 10 of them. There was a few lads arrested (I know of 2 personally) Will the club be getting their names and banning them?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I stand right beside many of the lads involved and could easily name at least 10 of them. There was a few lads arrested (I know of 2 personally) Will the club be getting their names and banning them?
    I came up to Oriel by way of the old Ecco factory to see about 30 shirtless shi* faced yobs literally emerging from the undergrowth. One Ban Garda there on a bike . Made my way to Oriel itself and there was a police horse for every six Bohs fans who were foolish enough to queue into the away end. The usual crap afterwards for them., kept behind, ambushed etc. I would strongly recommend that all away fans visiting Oriel to get a home stand ticket and avoid the crap that their stewards dole out up there.
    More a travel advisory for other fans given that it is unlikely that Bohs will play there next season or possibly ever again.
    Last edited by Dalymountrower; 14/07/2013 at 9:01 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I came up to Oriel by way of the old Ecco factory to see about 30 shirtless shi* faced yobs literally emerging from the undergrowth. One Ban Garda there on a bike . Made my way to Oriel itself and there was a police horse for every six Bohs fans who were foolish enough to queue into the away end. The usual crap afterwards for them., kept behind, ambushed etc. I would strongly recommend that all away fans visiting Oriel to get a home stand ticket and avoid the crap that their stewards dole out up there.
    More a travel advisory for other fans given that it is unlikely that Bohs will play there next season or possibly ever again.
    They were in The Park behind the Ecco Road drinking all day, Theres videos of them on facebook during the day aswell.

We have to stay behind at a few away games, I dont see the issue with it at all.

Its only Bohs, Rovers, Drogheda, Prob Pats now aswell this happens too in Oriel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The usual crap afterwards for them., kept behind, ambushed etc. I would strongly recommend that all away fans visiting Oriel to get a home stand ticket and avoid the crap that their stewards dole out up there.
    Give over will ye! Away fans are kept behind at almost all grounds, whats the big deal with waiting 5 or tens minutes after ft. Ambushed...funny how for all the years attending LoI matches home or away i have not been 'ambushed'; i have seen sets of dirtbag fans going at it on occaisons but somehow both sets of idiots seemed well enough aware of what was to happen which is hardly being ambushed. We all know where hotspots are and the do's and don'ts in general and trouble or getting caught up in it is avoided. As for stewards doling out crap, iv heard this type of crap being siad about stewards all over the league at some point, but never heard what this crap is or found that it wasnt warrented in some way. "Sorry sir you are not allowed to smoke in the stand!" fan spends the next forever giving out about being given crap by a steward in Oriel*...boohooo!

*enter any ground
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/07/2013 at 9:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Prob Pats now aswell this happens too in Oriel
    Dont see why Pats would become an issue. Ive never experienced any major problem in Richmond. Pats only seem to have issues with their own fans in Richmond re seat allocation and overcrowding. What may or may not have happened in Oriel, as nothing more has been said, is unlikely to ever happen again so a once off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I think Fridays nights antics were contributed by our scumbags drink all day and bohs scumbags drinking all the way on the bus down from Dublin and probably coking and yoking. after the match I was outside the club bar having a smoke and a group of bohs fans came pouring out from a hole they made in the partition to the away end. told me they wanted no trouble and walk on. seemed to be effed off about something.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Are we the only ones that the stewards in Oriel were completely sound to then? They were actually good craic in fairness to them.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Give over will ye! Away fans are kept behind at almost all grounds, whats the big deal with waiting 5 or tens minutes after ft. Ambushed...funny how for all the years attending LoI matches home or away i have not been 'ambushed'; i have seen sets of dirtbag fans going at it on occaisons but somehow both sets of idiots seemed well enough aware of what was to happen which is hardly being ambushed. We all know where hotspots are and the do's and don'ts in general and trouble or getting caught up in it is avoided. As for stewards doling out crap, iv heard this type of crap being siad about stewards all over the league at some point, but never heard what this crap is or found that it wasnt warrented in some way. "Sorry sir you are not allowed to smoke in the stand!" fan spends the next forever giving out about being given crap by a steward in Oriel*...boohooo!

*enter any ground
    Well done on avoiding trouble all your life, unfortunately away fans who just wanted to support the team got caught up in the train station fighting between the yobs.
    Anyway, it makes a lot more sense to let away fans out first, get them on their transport and out of the area. The Dundalk experience of being coralled for a ridiculous amount of time in Oriel while your yobs gather themselves for the inevitable Green Street re-enactment, tends to wear on ones spirit a tad.
    By the bye, kudos for your voluntary work as a steward.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I thought that the stewarding of the Bohs match in Thomond was excellent What comes around goes around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Are we the only ones that the stewards in Oriel were completely sound to then? They were actually good craic in fairness to them.
    The stewards are the same week in and week out. Limerick fans may have simply behaved in a manner without preconception thats caused by the type of spurious comments similar to Daleymountrower's above. Im not a steward, i wouldnt touch the job, but as a sports fan ive found that politeness is more often than not met with politeness, and likewise ignorance with ignorance! In my experience the most pleasant stewards have been at Richmond Park, the least pleasant at Tallaght, though that is based on one guy who admitted himself that he had nothing to do with Rovers or FAI and wasnt very helpful in general.

@Dalymountrower, i agree that it makes more sense to let away fans out first and clear the area but doesnt seem to happen anywhere? 'our yobs' are an oppertunistic scourge, 'your yobs' and everyone elses the same. Being coralled as you put it post match, is a nuisance be it United Park or Dalymount or where ever, its hardly a shocker when it happens. Bohs fans would never hang on around Phibsborough in hope of intercepting visiting support so kudos to you there!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast