Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: 2-2 tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

2-2 tonight

Good comeback, 2 down after 28 mins, Deady with one back straight away, kynan rocks with the second, nice finish apparently. I think they were missing a few tonight as well so a good result in the circumstances.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps have completely and utterly fallen to pieces.

I'm not trying to be biased here, I'll be as completely honest as I can.

Harps should have been 4-0 if not 5-0 up in the first half. Your first goal was a terrible piece of defending that somehow squeezed into the net. Harps went 2-0 up comfortably, and your lads immediately ran up the pitch, and scored from nothing.

Our first came from centre half Keith Cowan, now with 3 goals in 4 matches. Looping header from a Funston cross that your keeper should really have done better with but it went in regardless.

Second goal, Funston, worthy of any level in world football. Build up was fantastic. Wonderful ball over the top by centre half Aaron O'Hagan onto the foot of Kevin McHugh, he turned and swung a ball toward Funston who took it in his stride on his shoulder, let it drop onto his right foot, and his half volley into the top corner of the far side of the net wouldn't have been stopped by any goalkeeper. Sublime goal, only a pity there's no camera to have picked it up.

Your reply from Deady, shameless from Harps perspective. Davin O'Neill, who was a constant threat all night, picked up the ball, ran about 20 yards unopposed, centred the ball to Deady who tucked it away simply, and unmarked.

O'Neill smashed a free-kick off the crossbar from 20 yards not long into the second half. Unfortunate with that one.

Harps were getting very lazy at this stage, midfield was non-existant and the best player on the pitch, Mickey Funston was forced off with injury midway into the half. Killed Harps altogether and lost all urgency, and all consistency.

Kynan Rocks looks a smashing player, a thorn in the Harps side with his pace. He picked up the ball on the halfway line, ran as far as the Harps box, just skipping past a few lazy challenges, on his right foot, smashed the ball past a full stretched Gallagher into the opposite side of the goal, not too dis-similar a finish from that of Funston earlier in the game. Cracking goal, but defending was awful to let him get so far without a decent challenge.

In truth, we should have absolutely hammered ye. We should have been completely out of sight in the first half alone.

Cobh showed great resolve though, throwing themselves into every challenge, last ditch efforts, and gave 100% for the whole match. There were a chorus of boo's from the Harps fans at the final whistle, that'll show how unbelievable it was you got the draw. I'd say Dave Hill will be delighted with a draw.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    None of our new signings were eligible, also missing a few through work and injuries, the team travelled up and down in the one day, so delighted with the draw all things considered. I feared a rout when I heard it was 0-2 after 30 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    It was certainly looking like a rout at 2-0.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.