Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggest some good games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Been playing 'The last of us'. I like zombies but not normally games involving them, but this I approve of!
    Finished it last night, well worth playing. Good gameplay, fantastic graphics, soundtrack and great story ^^

DLC came out this week which is apparently very good too but I won't bother buying it, might just watch on youtube or something :P

Heard good things about the online, but not sure I have the time to be throwing that into my schedule..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Just finished Fez on the PS4; all 209.4% of it. Why that is the final completion figure, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's been out since 2012 on other platforms (PC, Xbox 360, PS Vita and PS3) and is a throwback to the old school platform games on the original Nintendo. I got it on PS Plus for less than a tenner a while back. Was well worth it and I'd highly recommend. Really cleverly made and plenty of challenging puzzles throughout a massive universe of little worlds to keep you busy and interested. It has been on the receiving end of almost exclusively positive reviews since first being released.

This was the PS4 launch trailer:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Just finished Fez on the PS4; all 209.4% of it. Why that is the final completion figure, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's been out since 2012 on other platforms (PC, Xbox 360, PS Vita and PS3) and is a throwback to the old school platform games on the original Nintendo. I got it on PS Plus for less than a tenner a while back. Was well worth it and I'd highly recommend. Really cleverly made and plenty of challenging puzzles throughout a massive universe of little worlds to keep you busy and interested. It has been on the receiving end of almost exclusively positive reviews since first being released.

This was the PS4 launch trailer:

If you like Fez, you should watch Indie Game: The Movie: http://buy.indiegamethemovie.com
    which includes interviews with the creator of Fez over its development period, an eventual release
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    It makes Phil Fish seem like a right knob. He quit the gaming industry while working on FEZ 2 because people weren't being nice to him, and he wasn't being very nice in return. Seems like a bit of a basket case, but he's made his money. The super meat boys lads released a new game a while back. Got it for free on playstation plus, called The Binding of Issac, it's an odd one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    A few people have said something similar to me about Fish, but I didn't get that impression of him. Maybe it's because I'm a developer that I could see where he was coming from. He dedicated his life to the game for three years (I think, might have been more) and, because of a legal technicality, nearly lost all his work to a former business partner. He took an amount of abuse online for some of his opinions. Some were a little over the top, but nothing compared to what was done to him, and he decided he was done with the industry.

It was Jonathan Blow that I thought came off the worst in the film, again I could see how much of his life he had dedicated to Braid, but to be disappointed because people weren't appreciating the game the way he wanted them to appreciate it came off as extremely petty.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    The game was announced in 2007, wasn't out until 2012, but I'm sure it was being developed a while pre 2007 as well before they felt ready to announce it. I always got the impression that the reason for the legal case etc was of Fish's doing, the game mechanics were actually the other guys idea apparently, and fish was the reason for the continued delays, which resulted in them splitting and then the whole court stuff. I'm sure the game was eventually much the better for all the delays, that it would have been if the partnership didn't break down, as Fish is obviously very talented and the perfectionist in him led the game to look wonderful, but I still felt he came off a bit unhinged, and he was an absolute knob on social media coming up to him quitting. It can't be easy to be a personality in the games industry thou, so many horrible little keyboard warriors out to destroy you for no reason. Look at all the gamergate craic for instance.

I think Fish's problem isn't him making games, or how he makes them, it's his inability to deal with criticism, and because of that he probably shouldn't have been sticking his neck above water every 5 seconds, I agree what you said re Blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Been working my way through COD: Advanced Warfare on veteran difficulty. I can't say I'm not enjoying it, but I have been a little disappointed by just how less difficult the hardest setting is compared to the veteran difficulty on previous installments.

I remember completing, on veteran, the nigh-impossible final level - 'Mile High Club' - in COD 4: Modern Warfare on my old Xbox 360 years ago and really feeling like I'd done something that you'd file in the "life achievements" category!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    If any of you have PS+, then transistor is worth picking up for free, it's only about 6 hours long, nice art direction and soundtrack, story is decent and gameplay is something different.

Might even try and platinum it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    If any of you have PS+, then transistor is worth picking up for free, it's only about 6 hours long, nice art direction and soundtrack, story is decent and gameplay is something different.

Might even try and platinum it.
    Another free one on PS+ but normally only a tenner or so. Valiant Hearts is a wonderful little game, absolutely worth picking up and playing, side scrolling puzzle game which takes place during World War One, wonderful story, art style and soundtrack, it's only about 8 hours long, but if that's your sort of thing, it's unmissable. Tis on xbox and PC as well.

Nothing but good reviews across the board, here's the trailer.

Last edited by Acornvilla; 23/03/2015 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Another free one on PS+ but normally only a tenner or so. Valiant Hearts is a wonderful little game, absolutely worth picking up and playing, side scrolling puzzle game which takes place during World War One, wonderful story, art style and soundtrack, it's only about 8 hours long, but if that's your sort of thing, it's unmissable.
    Really enjoyed this game myself.
    Very simply done, with a great storyline to it.
    Loved the way they put in lesser know historical elements of the war, such as the use of Parisian taxis to take soldiers to the front to save the city.
    Even if puzzle games aren't your thing, I'd still recommend giving it a go.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    The missus randomly got 'The Witcher 3' for me last week. It's absolutely massive, if you want value for money and into medieval carry on, you'll love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    anyone pick up payday 2 crimewave edition for next gen consoles, online is a bit ****ed up, can only currently invite people to play online as some bug has meant you cant play online with randoms
    1st Division Champs 2014 roll on next season

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234