Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dundalk (H) 29-06-13

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Dundalk (H) 29-06-13

Dundalk are in good form and on a good run, we have struggled badly recently. Would like a change of system with Gaffney and Curran up front together, sadly, can't see it happening.

I'm hoping the break has been good to us in terms of injuries clearing up. No news on signings and Aaron Browne seems to be the only one who has departed (for his own reasons apparently)

I'm not hopeful, going with 2 0 Dundalk.
    Thoughts? Predictions?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Dundalk are in good form and on a good run, we have struggled badly recently. Would like a change of system with Gaffney and Curran up front together, sadly, can't see it happening.

I'm hoping the break has been good to us in terms of injuries clearing up. No news on signings and Aaron Browne seems to be the only one who has departed (for his own reasons apparently)

I'm not hopeful, going with 2 0 Dundalk.
    Thoughts? Predictions?
    Although Dundalk have a smashing away record there are quite a few missing for this match. The squad is very light in numbers and it this could be a problem. Ward is obviously out, Hoban and McDonnell are suspended. I understand that there are injury doubts about a couple of others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Need to get something out of this game. We are slipping closer to the bottom teams and play three of the relegation favourites in our next three games after this. The next 4 league games will shape the rest of our season.

Would be very happy with a point on saturday though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Dundalk are taking a big(gish) load of fans down to Thomond later today.200 i'm hearing.
    Couple of questions folks.

Is there a radio station/fans in Limerick commentating live on the match?(bro in NY wants to tune in)

Best pub to go to pre-match?(i've been told that there realy aren't any close to the ground but myself and the mates will be in Limerick looking for pints 2/3 hrs before ko and will prob taxi out to the ground)

Cheers folks.See yis later.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Dundalk are taking a big(gish) load of fans down to Thomond later today.200 i'm hearing.
    Couple of questions folks.

Is there a radio station/fans in Limerick commentating live on the match?(bro in NY wants to tune in)

Best pub to go to pre-match?(i've been told that there realy aren't any close to the ground but myself and the mates will be in Limerick looking for pints 2/3 hrs before ko and will prob taxi out to the ground)

Cheers folks.See yis later.
    Limericks Live 95fm have been doing online commentary so far this season so I would take it it will be the same again today.

In town there are plenty of options pub wise, The Still House (Thomas Street), Mickey Martins (down the lane next to the Still House), Bourkes (Catherine Street), Flannerys (Catherine Street), Phil Flannerys (Lower Denmark Street).

Closer to the ground you have Fitzgeralds (5 minute walk from Thomond Park), The Curragower (Clancys Strand, 15 minute Walk) or the Ardhu Bar (Ennis Rd, 10 minute walk). The only one there that ye could get food in would really be the Ardhu but if ye are in town there are plenty of places to get a bit of grub. There will also be hot food and full bar service in the ground.

Great to see ye are bringing a big crowd down and hopefully ye enjoy the trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Why is this game today considering ye are playing again Monday? Is there a reason it wasn't played last night?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Limericks Live 95fm have been doing online commentary so far this season so I would take it it will be the same again today.

In town there are plenty of options pub wise, The Still House (Thomas Street), Mickey Martins (down the lane next to the Still House), Bourkes (Catherine Street), Flannerys (Catherine Street), Phil Flannerys (Lower Denmark Street).

Closer to the ground you have Fitzgeralds (5 minute walk from Thomond Park), The Curragower (Clancys Strand, 15 minute Walk) or the Ardhu Bar (Ennis Rd, 10 minute walk). The only one there that ye could get food in would really be the Ardhu but if ye are in town there are plenty of places to get a bit of grub. There will also be hot food and full bar service in the ground.

Great to see ye are bringing a big crowd down and hopefully ye enjoy the trip.
    Cheers for that,result aside an excellent away day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Limerick 3 - 2 Dundalk.

Dundalk FanCam highlights;

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    could prove a vital 3pts in terms of where this team will end up.2nd best all first half,dundalk played well[were allowed to mind you],brilliant first goal,looked like some of our lads still on the midseason break.2nd half more effort,heart and purpose about the team ,closed down dundalk quicker ,freekick for tracys first was never a free but when you give tracy a sniff on recent form he takes it,after that they lost their way and taylor did the right things,delighted for curran our best player by far runs his heart out for the team.ryans save the turning point and while its a great win in a decent game it papered over a few cracks....kenny must have been raging but if you can,t defend setpieces...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    could prove a vital 3pts in terms of where this team will end up.2nd best all first half,dundalk played well[were allowed to mind you],brilliant first goal,looked like some of our lads still on the midseason break.2nd half more effort,heart and purpose about the team ,closed down dundalk quicker ,freekick for tracys first was never a free but when you give tracy a sniff on recent form he takes it,after that they lost their way and taylor did the right things,delighted for curran our best player by far runs his heart out for the team.ryans save the turning point and while its a great win in a decent game it papered over a few cracks....kenny must have been raging but if you can,t defend setpieces...?
    Ryans save was unreal and was crucial.I don't believe that Lims would have gotten back into it @ 3-0 down.
    However for me the turning points in the match were the injuries suffered by Rossiter (25 mins) and Mountney (75 mins).Dundalk haven't got the depth in squad to replace these guys and we were already without influential players like Ward,Hoban and Stephen O'Donnell.(i know Lims were missing a few too)

Lims fully deserved the points on the night though for a brilliant "never give up" comeback and both sets of supporters created a great atmosphere in the ground.