Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Celtronic 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts

Celtronic 2013

The 2013 Celtronic festival kicks off in Derry tonight. Is anyone heading? This year's line-up is pretty bloody special.

I'm in Manchester, which certainly has no shortage of live electronic acts playing each week - indeed, I've seen many of those playing in Derry this week(end) already over here throughout the past few years - but would love to be able to be back home for Celtronic this year.

I'll post up something by two or three artists amongst the many on the line-up who I think would definitely be worthy of your ear-time if you have the opportunity...

Code 718 - Equinox (Henrik Schwarz Remix)

Jon Hopkins' June 2013 mix for FACT magazine: https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact-...on-hopkins-jun

A superb set by Andrew Weatherall from last year's Eastern Electrics Festival in London: http://www.mixcloud.com/Route12/andr...london-040812/

I was in Barcelona the other weekend for Sónar and the "Off-Sónar" events and just missed out on a ticket for the Innervisions 'Lost in a Moment' party at the idyllic and picturesque El Monasterio Poble Espanyol after queuing up for half the morning for one of the limited 100-or-so tickets reserved for the door. They'd sold out online months in advance in a matter of minutes and, had they let another 20 in at the gate, we'd probably have made it. However, it wasn't to be. Henrik Schwarz was playing and was kind of raging I missed him, especially as two from our travelling group had managed to get tickets online when they first became available. Indeed, Dublin-born producer/DJ, Mano Le Tough, was also on the line-up that afternoon. Those of us who didn't make it were able to save ourselves for a heavy night and morning of Ricardo Villalobos from that evening onward though, so all ended well.

Anyway, enough rambling; if you're into electronic/dance music, especially house or techno, and are within travelling distance of Derry, Celtronic 2013 would be worth devoting some time to over the next few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Actually, here's Henrik Schwarz live from the Boiler Room in Berlin as well: