Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Waterford winding up order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Despite some Waterford fans initially portraying Henderson as the villain in all of this it seems they should be grateful to him. By the looks of things he's almost going to be out of pocket from all of this. After his legal fees, he won't even be receiving 1/3 of the €50,000 he was initially owed and its going to be 2015 before he receives it. Is it a case that he honestly never intended on having them wound up and he just settled for the best offer available at the last minute?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

2. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Despite some Waterford fans initially portraying Henderson as the villain in all of this it seems they should be grateful to him. By the looks of things he's almost going to be out of pocket from all of this. After his legal fees, he won't even be receiving 1/3 of the €50,000 he was initially owed and its going to be 2015 before he receives it. Is it a case that he honestly never intended on having them wound up and he just settled for the best offer available at the last minute?
    That's what it's always seemed like to me as I never felt he would actually allow the club to go under if they made any serious attempt to pay him. Revenue or perhaps a business creditor would send them under just to prove a point but it's hard for an individual with any goodwill for the club to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the WUFC directors weren't taking the threat seriously either. It's a kind of Russian roulette that the fans shouldn't be put through though.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Delighted for the fans and just catching up on the last page of this tonight. It's been an interesting read. All to familiar a sad tale of appalling mismanagement and treatment of a club with the inevitable long term knock on effect on trust.

There are a few more jumps to negotiate yet.
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    On the very much far distant outside looking in, I'm not confident of any change despite the events today.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Glad Waterford survived this time.
    I hope they take the chance they've been given.
    Fans come to the rescue once again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Would just like to say a huge thanks to everybody who contributed to save our club, and to everyone for a good willl messages. They are sincerely appreciated.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Glad to see WUFC come through and hopefully this gives the fans a strong bargaining position to force change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Article in today's Sun in relation to the whole saga. Interesting read.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepa...or-career.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well lads, As one of the Be Sharps (Famous 5) I want to thank all of the well wishers here, and especially the ones who been through the mill like us, I have to say it was one of the most horrible times of my life, but I am delighted to have been the one representing not just the 5 who brokered the final deal, but ALL of the fans who made it possible. If you read the papers, I am Russell Dalton, the one who upset all of the Dundalk fans last year, for that, I sincerely apologise, as I now know first hand how horrific the whole situation is.

I will be speaking on Radio DBSC just before the broadcast of tonight's Blues game from Salthill Devon, at approximatly 7.30-35 tonight, and I would love if you could listen in.

It's at times like these that ALL LOI fans stick together, the fai are a joke and their invitation today regarding new teams is ridiculous, given the criteria to join the league, they live in a world where everyone has as much money as the people who run it all.

Anyways listen in, http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-dbsc

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madblaa View Post
    If you read the papers, I am Russell Dalton, the one who upset all of the Dundalk fans last year, for that, I sincerely apologise, as I now know first hand how horrific the whole situation is.
    Russell, As you recognise you upset some Dundalk fans last year by making unfounded and unsubstantiated allegations about both fans and club officials.

You really pi$$ed me off by repeating these serious allegations again a number of months ago.

I hope you learn to be more careful about defaming others now that you appear to have taken on the mantle of fans spokesperson.

I wish you and other Blues fans well in your efforts

12. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678