160 Posts
    got a wisper jason forde to blarney st 1for ?? any legs to that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Long ball willy View Post
    Didn't Blackstone only get up Premier A a few years ago as they were offered it by the AUL because someone folded or pulled out?? Could be wrong on this now.

If that's the case no way should they still be Premier A 2 years in a row a team folded and they stayed up because of it.
    This has come up a few times now, so I will clear it up. In 2009, we finished 3rd in Division 1B. There were 3 divisions at the time, with 1 up from each. We were asked to go up because of folding I think. I dont know for sure but at least 2 clubs were asked and said no for their own reasons. We said Yes. In 2012, we finished 2nd from bottom and 3 teams went to MSL. AUL decided no relegations from Premier or Premier A. This year we finished 3rd from bottom and were ready for our play-off.............a match we could have won or lost.............it wasnt played so we were not relegated . We have been lucky, but asked for none of it, cheated no club and anyone who says they would have done differently in our position is naive or lying.
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Jason Forde will 100% be a Blarney St player next season, great mover for both parties!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    You're right there horse. Ye've done nothing wrong. Best of luck for next season

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Jason Forde will 100% be a Blarney St player next season, great mover for both parties!
    so thats john wonks skilly jason forde golly eddie kenny. Not a bit busy 1for haha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Didn't Blackstone only get up Premier A a few years ago as they were offered it by the AUL because someone folded or pulled out?? Could be wrong on this now.

If that's the case no way should they still be Premier A 2 years in a row a team folded and they stayed up because of it.
    Not the clubs fault surely.....Park B team decided 2 years ago that they were not good enough for first division and were allowed drop right down to 3rd division and won the league which was very unfair to the clubs slogging it out down there for years...if blackstone did this sure wouldnt we be on here giving out about it also....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backpass View Post
    Not the clubs fault surely.....Park B team decided 2 years ago that they were not good enough for first division and were allowed drop right down to 3rd division and won the league which was very unfair to the clubs slogging it out down there for years...if blackstone did this sure wouldnt we be on here giving out about it also....
    whats unfair about geting the best players in your team you still have win games its up to others to match you on and off the pitch.football is for enjoyment we all want the best for our clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Dropping 2 divisions is for the good of no one but yourselves park did it and ran away with there section and ended up in the division they should have been in but a year later . But with a title to there name and robbing some other team the chance of promotion. They did it for the sake of winning games easy, rather than try and test themselves in a division they were more than able for. So the only question I have is why did they drop the two divisions when they knew they capable of playing at that level. If they felt they were able why did they accept the promotion the year later it must have been mainly the same team that decided not to play in that division the year previously. And it looks like Kanturk are going to the same this year which will lead to same thing happening which is very wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fortheTeam View Post
    whats unfair about geting the best players in your team you still have win games its up to others to match you on and off the pitch.football is for enjoyment we all want the best for our clubs.
    I admire a team who will want to compete at the highest level. They probably could of gone down the league but instead they want to compete against better teams in higher leagues and fair play to blackstone.....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Dropping 2 divisions is for the good of no one but yourselves park did it and ran away with there section and ended up in the division they should have been in but a year later . But with a title to there name and robbing some other team the chance of promotion. They did it for the sake of winning games easy, rather than try and test themselves in a division they were more than able for. So the only question I have is why did they drop the two divisions when they knew they capable of playing at that level. If they felt they were able why did they accept the promotion the year later it must have been mainly the same team that decided not to play in that division the year previously. And it looks like Kanturk are going to the same this year which will lead to same thing happening which is very wrong.
    I think the original explanination from park is that they didnt have enough players and the quality of players that were left were not good enough.....They were not that bad considering that they beat a very good glen team and also knocknaheeny team to the title.....To be honest its a disgrace the AUL leave teams drop down a few divisions but then again it is the AUL we are on about here so nothing suprises me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Lads the reason were gone 3rd division was taken because we lost 10 out of 15 from our A squad..
    Everyone saw the last 5 months of the season,we took a few good beating..
    With younger players coming in next season..the question was do we wanna take those beating again,it be no good to them which will end up with them goin off playing gaa or rugby with kanturk cause the interest will be gone..
    Things are tough down here with emigration and with gaa and rugby goin strong here..

One good thing is that there's positive talks ongoing for all weather pitch in the town which hopefully in 2-3 years time,kanturk will be back up the leagues with the facities we craved since we were under 7

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Be interesting who replaces rylane and newmarket donald will the aul try and keep it local like last year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Are they gone??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Promoted from our league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Don I believe you whole heartily that ye were under big pressure up in premier but what was wrong with dropping one or two divisions but 3 is mad into a division where yer second team came 3rd or 4th last year.ye will be red hot favourites to come out of yer section and will hand out a few hammerings along the way. Where is the fairness here? I understand ye are struggling to stay at the top but surely ye are not struggling to keep the show on the road. I'm sure there is teams in a worse state than ye are and they are staying put trying to fight it out. What annoys me is the aul do nothing to discourage what ye are doing. Surely there should be loss of points from the start of next season to if you drop down over one division I just can't see the fairness in it any where.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Ya I understand what your saying..
    I'm not sure if ur allowed drop 1 or 2 divisions..
    Me and 2 or 3 more would love to stay up and battle in premier A,scrap for the points and see what happens..
    But it is what it is,the club feels its for the best for the club..we don't want our 18,19 year olds taken a beating every weekend and then lose interest..
    Trust me things are bad at the moment..we struggled for numbers last few months..
    And remember out neighbours Newmarket,banter.rathcoole all have teams..

If I had my way.for those 4 teams to form,training be good.no struggling for numbers etc..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Don I believe you whole heartily that ye were under big pressure up in premier but what was wrong with dropping one or two divisions but 3 is mad into a division where yer second team came 3rd or 4th last year.ye will be red hot favourites to come out of yer section and will hand out a few hammerings along the way. Where is the fairness here? I understand ye are struggling to stay at the top but surely ye are not struggling to keep the show on the road. I'm sure there is teams in a worse state than ye are and they are staying put trying to fight it out. What annoys me is the aul do nothing to discourage what ye are doing. Surely there should be loss of points from the start of next season to if you drop down over one division I just can't see the fairness in it any where.
    Wouldnt say theyll walk the league but will definately be favourites no doubt with premier standard players but well be strengthening ourselves so should be a good battle

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    so thats john wonks skilly jason forde golly eddie kenny. Not a bit busy 1for haha
    Very strongly linked with gareth cambrigde seemingly a done deal by all accounts can you confirm 1for

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolboygodno9 View Post
    Very strongly linked with gareth cambrigde seemingly a done deal by all accounts can you confirm 1for
    Gareth wont last to long.....dosent like a tackle and hel get plenty up aul so he might not fancy it and go back msl....good player tho

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backpass View Post
    Gareth wont last to long.....dosent like a tackle and hel get plenty up aul so he might not fancy it and go back msl....good player tho
    Heard alot of talk about him must be one of the best around on his day from all accounts

Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast