Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dublin Stag Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Dublin Stag Night

Good afternoon.

Apologies if this has been posted before. I seem to recall something. A colleague of mine here has said he always wanted to go to Dublin and has decided to take his Stag party there. I have a blinkered view of Dublin having lived there for a number of happy years and I struggled to look at it as an outsider on what I consider the relative merits of a stag party there.

So just a call for advice and suggestion on what and where in Dublin are potential merits to visiting Dublin for a Stag party.

Thanks
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Going clay pigeon shooting and eating here: http://www.courtlough.ie/ for mine in a few weeks time. Not sure of the details after that but the best man was talking about reserving an area in the Stags Head or the Mercantile for afterwards as they cater for a fairly broad clientelle.

Depends on what you want though, I'm not a big drinker or clubber so I wanted to do something fairly laid back and this fits the bill.
    Last edited by passinginterest; 14/06/2013 at 2:54 PM.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I vaguely remember my brothers stag in Dublin. It resembles the famous scene from the Simpsons, 'Homers night out'.

The next day, we both walked from the city to Inchicore to watch Harps against St Pats in the league. Harps went 1 up and ended up getting beat 4-1 or 5-1..live on TV.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Ring round a few bars/clubs beforehand, let them know the numbers and see what they can do for you.
    I know the Bull & Castle at Christchurch will give you free food and beers (Sol, I think) for parties over a certain size.
    Have you ever won the treble?

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I was on a stag in Dublin a few years ago. Paintballing in Wicklow, then to the Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar. Fantastic all you can eat place which had the right kind of atmosphere for a large group of lads.

It was a teetotal Stag though, so can't say anything else!
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Right I had a chat with the lad.

He's looking at some day time activity. I think the Guinness Storehouse thing appeals to him. Are there any other useful/unique to Dublin particular activities?. Naturally he's looking at a few beers so that Bull and Castle sounds good. Then he's into his music so clubbing wise and indeed music bar wise. Any advice suggestions welcome.

If and when he gives me the dates I'll check the football fixtures too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Right...

As a Dub I would recommend the Storehouse solely for the view so make sure ye get the free pint in the gravity bar.

I would then recommend trips to Frank Ryan's on Queen St, Briody's on Marlborough St, Kennedy's on Burgh Quay for the finest Guinness and atmospheres the city has to offer.

As regards heading out afterwards it's really dependent on the sort of places the Stag himself wants.

Music bar wise there's a great selection. Cassidy's on Westmoreland St (my local) is a grand spot but the crowd can be young but the music is sound.

Then there's Grand Social on Liffey St, Sweeney's on Dame St and the Bernard Shaw on Richmond St. Plus Whelan's etc...
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Right...

As a Dub I would recommend the Storehouse solely for the view so make sure ye get the free pint in the gravity bar.

I would then recommend trips to Frank Ryan's on Queen St, Briody's on Marlborough St, Kennedy's on Burgh Quay for the finest Guinness and atmospheres the city has to offer.

As regards heading out afterwards it's really dependent on the sort of places the Stag himself wants.

Music bar wise there's a great selection. Cassidy's on Westmoreland St (my local) is a grand spot but the crowd can be young but the music is sound.

Then there's Grand Social on Liffey St, Sweeney's on Dame St and the Bernard Shaw on Richmond St. Plus Whelan's etc...
    That's fantastic stuff. Good lad yourself. After 4 great years in Dublin it often escapes me that's over 10 years ago and it's ever changing. I had me old favorite haunts through the years of Uni and working there. There's many a great out of town spot I could recommend but a stag part is going to stay central anyhow. I'll put that to him.

I might get them out to Belfield if UCD are at home. They'll double the attendance.