Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LoI Series 17 & 14- Premier & 1St Div Fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    the whole wall incident in bray involving monaghan fans has suddenly been forgotten very quickly. oriel isnt the only ground with a terrible away section. nothing can be proven until all relevant parties carry out their full investigations into the incident and for small minorities now contacting other clubs fans to not attending oriel in protest is very over the top or to head to dundalk just to picket outside oriel is very over the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    Can really call last night a contest with the conditions that were in it, but if I was a Bray fan I'd have been very heartened with the seond half showing, defo could have taken a point.

As for us, we've got Patterson, which always gives you have a chance!
    The conditions were absolutely terrible! Hats off to both teams for putting in such effort in such rain and wind.

Really felt we deserved a draw from the game. Derry owned the 1st 25 mins, we couldn't cope with the wind and rain lashing into our faces and Derry were knocking it about the place very well, took a deserved lead. We started to get back into the game a bit more and Doherty pulled off a brilliant save from Websters free kick, Terrible equaliser from Derry's point of view but one that we needed. Felt we got on top from there on in but were caught with a bit of a sucker punch in injury time at the end of the first half.

Really felt we would come out and beat you 2nd half but again we were caught cold and there's nothing like an ex player scoring against you to make you feel like it's not your night but in fairness to the lads they kept fighting and pulled one back. Really should have gort and equaliser when Dempsey went through 1 on 1 and then a 4th from Jason Byrne. 3 very straight forward chances missed by us. I thought Greacen was blessed when he pulled Waters back when through on goal inside the box, peno and a red card for me, but nothing given.

The last few weeks have been positive for Br@y and if we can reproduce that after the mid season break we'll be fine and finish mid table handy enough.

In relation to the Pat's fan up in Dundalk, i've heard a few stories but worryingly heard that the club doctor had to scale a fence to get in and help him as they wouldn't open a gate and that when he was stabilized they carried him out instead of being on a stretcher... As i said these are just stories i've heard so i'm not having ago at anyone or pointing the finger at Dundalk. Hope the fella makes a full and speedy recovery.

And yep Dillionmnan, the wall coming down at the Br@y v Monaghan AND Rovers games was shameful. The club were fined AFAIK and they installed a new ground premiter around the pitch that passes health and safety.
    Last edited by Roo69; 17/06/2013 at 1:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    rabble rabble rabble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    In relation to the Colly James banner I thought it was excellent but I'd imagine if someone did complain it was more to do with the stewards letting the lads stand in front of us basically taunting us not once but 3 times!

Again not saying it actually bothered me and if there was a complaint made it may have been from someone a little over sensitive but even if a group of fans came over and stood in front of us without a flag a few times it shouldn't be allowed just incase anything were to kick off!

Theres complete segregation in Longford when the two sides meet and we're not even allowed walk around our usual way from Section O at half time..
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I personally have no issues with the collie james banner.. the man is hated in Longford for what he did... I dont agree with someone delibrately walking across the away support not once but twice with the banner looking at us smirking.. that only invites trouble imo!I didnt notice it earlier in the game it only encouraged those athlone fans to go across again to do this.. where were the athlone stewards to stop this they werent too far ahead of us.. i can well understand our committee members putting in a complaint!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Can i ask why them same officials were standing at our gate after the game remembering faces. I have been told they are not going to let any of us into CCS because of the banner. Bit extreme if true
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Can i ask why them same officials were standing at our gate after the game remembering faces. I have been told they are not going to let any of us into CCS because of the banner. Bit extreme if true
    Remembering Athlone fan's faces?Really?Of course that's extreme!I can't imagine it happening though!
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    I seen them myself. Any of us who got on the bus back to the pub they looked at. They were standing at the gate pointing people out to each other
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Just go in disguise ye'll be grand. In drag perhaps just to be safe.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Just go in disguise ye'll be grand. In drag perhaps just to be safe.
    Maybe that's the way they always dress though

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Maybe that's the way they always dress though
    Cross dressing can work both ways so to speak
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    See we didnt realise ye had forgot yer tampons friday and would go crazy over a banner. It was all over Twitter and Facebook and the only people who seemed to think it wasn't alright or funny was Longford fans. The 2 lads who walked the banner through the stand had no bad intentions. If Longford fans tried to start something it would have been yer own fault. Our club or Longford do not really have a hooligan element to them, so please don't make a big deal out of something that is so small.
    One of the fans carrying that banner was in fact a steward!

It was all done in jest of course in fairness, but I do see the point of the Longford poster. Try that kind of stuff with some fans of other clubs (which I shall not name) and you will have an incident on your hands.

There was great noise in Lissywollen the other night for a great win, some of the chanting left a bit of a sour taste though (you'd be questioned by the cops in England if you carried out some of the despicable chants heard Friday night last). Also, the booing of Sammon when he was receiving treatment for his serious injury was in bad taste.

Has to be said in fairness.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow10 View Post
    There was great noise in Lissywollen the other night for a great win, some of the chanting left a bit of a sour taste though (you'd be questioned by the cops in England if you carried out some of the despicable chants heard Friday night last). Also, the booing of Sammon when he was receiving treatment for his serious injury was in bad taste.

Has to be said in fairness.
    I don't think booing an opposition player when he is down injured is too bad but certainly when it was quite clear that it was serious it was slightly uncalled for!Care to elaborate on these songs that left a sour taste?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I don't think booing an opposition player when he is down injured is too bad but certainly when it was quite clear that it was serious it was slightly uncalled for!Care to elaborate on these songs that left a sour taste?
    i'd rather not, PM me maybe if you want the details.

Not gunna to repeat worst ones on a public forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow10 View Post
    i'd rather not, PM me maybe if you want the details.

Not gunna to repeat worst ones on a public forum
    Fair enough although I would presume it's a complete over exagerration to say you'd be questioned by the Police in England!I can't say I heard anything on Friday that I hadn't heard before..or hear most weekends at matches..

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dundalk FC Statement on accident in Oriel Park

Dundalk FC has held a number of meetings to review the events of last Friday’s match with St Patrick’s Athletic.
    The club is undertaking a full investigation and compiling a full report on the events that took place.
    While this investigation is continuing we shall be making no further comment on the matter.
    Dundalk FC would like to wish Niall Hannigan a speedy recovery.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-2/

Keith Ward out for the rest of the season with knee injury
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/shocked-war...njury-lay-off/

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Dundalk FC Statement on accident in Oriel Park

http://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-2/

Keith Ward out for the rest of the season with knee injury
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/shocked-war...njury-lay-off/
    Ward will be a big loss to Dundalk, he was one of four players I would have kept at Bohs from last season ( we only kept one of those!)
    Hopefully the Pats fan will make a full recovery.

20. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567