Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LoI Series 17 & 14- Premier & 1St Div Fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Its amazing how quickly Pats fans have started to mimic Shamrock Rovers finest since they went top of the table

Attacking fences, abusing stewards, being victims, spitting out the dummy when beaten.......and now a boycott.

What next?
    Sorry, what are you talking about? This has nothing to do with football, its not like we have not had run in's with Dundalk stewards before....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well on course for a ton down this season.
    No you're not.

You've played 18 of your 33 games, and conceded 46 goals. You are on course to concede 84.3 goals.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    So that's that cleared up anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Off twitter, from the Athlone fans:

Have been told LOngford made an official complaint with the FAI over our banner and are going to refuse all our singing crew into City Calling Stadium when we play there next. Shower of bitter *******

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Two of their officials were having a heated discussion with some of our officials after it was walked down the stand during the game. Made the banner even better.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    No you're not.

You've played 18 of your 33 games, and conceded 46 goals. You are on course to concede 84.3 goals.
    Add in another 11 Cup goals too.

And it's worse we're getting, not better. 19 in the last 4 games!

(But ok; I thought we'd played one or two fewer games than that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Yeh it was amazing the reaction we got :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Whilst there has been some measured comments from a few people on this thread re the events at Oriel Park, I am left stunned at the tribalism on display from the majority of Dundalk supporters, who appear to be more concerned with making sure nothing bad is said about their club, its ground or any people associated with it. This is not true of all posters, but certainly many, most of whom now will interpret this post as another unwarranted attack on them, rather than actually stepping back a little and thinking about what happened.

Whilst the exact details are somewhat cloudy, what is clear is that there was a significant problem, which directly or indirectly lead to the serious injury of a fellow football supporter. Finding out why this happened should be everyone's concern, as but for the grace of God go any one of us.

I despise this aspect of football culture - that club allegiances stop many of us from asking the right questions about the conditions we are often forced to endure.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gormacha View Post
    Whilst there has been some measured comments from a few people on this thread re the events at Oriel Park, I am left stunned at the tribalism on display from the majority of Dundalk supporters, who appear to be more concerned with making sure nothing bad is said about their club, its ground or any people associated with it. This is not true of all posters, but certainly many, most of whom now will interpret this post as another unwarranted attack on them, rather than actually stepping back a little and thinking about what happened.

Whilst the exact details are somewhat cloudy, what is clear is that there was a significant problem, which directly or indirectly lead to the serious injury of a fellow football supporter. Finding out why this happened should be everyone's concern, as but for the grace of God go any one of us.

I despise this aspect of football culture - that club allegiances stop many of us from asking the right questions about the conditions we are often forced to endure.
    There was a concerted attempted to condemn unpaid volunteer stewards.

No facts or evidence were offered.

Dundalk fans will not stand idly by while these people are vilified without any evidence being offered.

Every Dundalk fan has called for the circumstances surrounding the unfortunate injury sustained by the Pat's fan to be investigated.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

In general this is very true and this blind club allegiance can be very limiting.

However in this case, the allegations being made have been woefully short on specifics and have unfairly linked the accident with wild accusations about stewarding.

There are lessons to be learned from what happened in Oriel on Friday but hardly from the bile and nonsense that has been tweeted and raised here by some Pats fans so far.

When unreasonable accusations are made, it is natural and normal to rebut them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Add in another 11 Cup goals too.

And it's worse we're getting, not better. 19 in the last 4 games!

(But ok; I thought we'd played one or two fewer games than that)
    4-0 defeat to St. Pats and a 3-2 defeat to Bohs.
    so 53 goals in 20 games. That would be 92.75 goals in your 35 games this season. Unless you want me to include the LSC? Thats three more goals in two extra games, 55 in 22... brings you down to 92.5 goals.

As for getting worse, tough to say, Derry put 6 past you in your second league game. The last 5 weeks have been horrible though, conceding 21 goals in 5 games including 5 against Bray.... can't imagine you'll keep that sort of record up. Prior to that, in the middle part of the season so far ye did ok, couple of wins and clean sheets even.

Plus ye have Dave McMillan. Hes quality. Would love if he played for us.

edit: where are you getting 19 in 4 games? Extratime says your last four results are (in reverse order)
    Sligo 5-2
    Bray 5-4
    Shels 2-1
    Pats 4-0
    Thats 16 goals in 4.
    did you forget Shels and include the other Pats game (5-0)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Whoops; yeah, forgot the Shels game (cos I wasn't at it). I was including the LSC alright, though might have the results wrong (2-1 win and a 2-1 defeat?) partly cos it's the LSC.

Up front, we're grand (only the top three have scored more), and McMillan and Benson are a great partnership. We've a new keeper who seems decent, but we give the ball away something horrific at times. When we attack, we're actually great to watch. If we had a defence, we could be a seriously decent team. Our four wins (Rovers, Dundalk, Derry and Bohs) were in part on the back of really resilient defensive performances; that's vanished the last few weeks, which is why I say we're getting worse. We're much more confident than earlier in the season, when we had one point from 9 games or something stupid like that.

I suppose we have to hope that we stay up (duh) and that either Bohs/Bray/Shels go down (looks likely if we stay up), cos then at least that'll be us slightly less likely to lose players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Its amazing how quickly Pats fans have started to mimic Shamrock Rovers finest since they went top of the table
    Have to say some of their post match antics were Rovers style alright, trying to thump stewards and wrecking a fence. Not exactly sure what they were trying to achieve by taking on the fence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Have to say some of their post match antics were Rovers style alright, trying to thump stewards and wrecking a fence. Not exactly sure what they were trying to achieve by taking on the fence!
    Those fences in Oriel are awful intimidating. Was looking at me wrong last time i was there. I can definitely see why Pats fans attacked it.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Ah Sligo fans are not that bad !

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

actually I think you are entirely wrong here. This incident is being blown out of all proportion from the st. pats fans whoever they are and also they do not tell us their version of events. I gave mine in a previous post to which from what I saw from my seat. I was in the stand and saw what I saw no need to lie or tell untruths just to protect the club. I do call for a full investigation to take place so this does not occur again as this could of been a hell of a lot worse and instead of someone being injured it could of been fatal but I also am critical of an loi blog gutter article that is also blowing the incident out of all proportion and also claiming that there was 70 seats free which is likely to be not true. I believe that DFC board and matchday committee will review all aspects of Fridays game and get to the bottom of the incident and put action plans in order to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I am quite certain also that other supporters have fallen in other grounds too but since it is so called "old oriel park" everyone else has a gripe about it. accidents happen. it is unfortunate but they do happen
    Long Live King Kenny

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    Two of their officials were having a heated discussion with some of our officials after it was walked down the stand during the game. Made the banner even better.
    If you cared to listen what's read out before every LOI game you'll know why a complaint was put in. Also they didn't walk through the stand, they stood in front of the Town fans while the game was on blocking views of spectators before deciding to move on....and they did this two or three times!!

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    If you cared to listen what's read out before every LOI game you'll know why a complaint was put in. Also they didn't walk through the stand, they stood in front of the Town fans while the game was on blocking views of spectators before deciding to move on....and they did this two or three times!!
    Personally I couldnt give a sh1te about what was on the banner but the stewards should not have allowed it to be paraded around in front of the away fans and as Town legend said block our view of the game. Had it been a different set of supporters it could have started some serious trouble and that's all I'd have to say about it.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Before people jump on Jinxy the 'incident' he refers to as being blown out of proportion i doubt is the injury to the fan which is up there with the worst i have heard about happening to a supporter after taking a tumble (not inflicted by someone else) in any ground LoI, EPL, or Internationals.

What is being blown out of proportion is the 'overcrowding' whens and wheres and the empty space claimed to be available, and behaviour of stewards and police. I may change my mind when facts are presented upon investigation and may become just as outraged as Pats fans seem to be now. I shall wait and see.

I was lucky myself in Croke Park as i fell trying not to drop my overpriced hot-dog and tea, i slipped and went down half dozen steps, hurt like hell but just a few bruizes and a seriously damaged hotdog. The steps in the stand were modified just a few years back due to licencing criteria too.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Oh my god. Please stay away from all football grounds. I found it funny and it's no where as offensive as some of the stuff over the years around grounds here. As for blocking your view. Why not just take if off them?

28. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast