Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Series 17 & 14- Premier & 1St Div Fixtures.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    The only spinning going on is the attempt to link the unfortunate accident with the stewards.

There is no way the gate should have been opened, I said so to a steward at the time. The real problem started when the Pats fans tried to take the seats of the kids who were providing the half time entertainment.

Someone is trying to spread the myth that just because those kids temporarily vacated their seats to play on the pitch at half time, that this section was free. It wasn't.
    I said the issues started before kick off
    And their was loads of empty seats in the stand behind our section before kick off when over crowding had started and pats fans were instructed to sit on the steps. Clearly the amount of tickets sold for our section was not tracked and they sold too many.
    I'm not getting into a tit for tat. As I said I was in the away section from before kick off when the very poor stewarding/safety/matchday organising (whatever you want to call it) started along with a brutal attitude by stewards and ineptitude of the two Garda that turned up and looked totally stunned and incapable of responding to the obvious situation developing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Half truth but there was no way 70 seats free. even some dlk fans in the stand sat on the steps where I was. The seating area in question were being occupied by children and their parents who were providing the HT entertainment. if seats were free then no more than 10 or 20 as other dlk fans would of had preference. Gutter journo's like this are blowing this way out of proportion. don't get me wrong this is serious and a full investigation should take place to establish what exactly happened and also to avoid something like this happening again. and seriously the cry about elderly, women and children ffs
    There were some free seats, amongst the many children who were already sitting there.

What did the eejit who wrote that article want, to have ultras sitting amongst some children as young as 4 or 5?

I echo the comments of several Dundalk fans. This should be investigated.

But can those few Pats fans and self styled bloggers please stop insulting and judging unpaid volunteer stewards.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Half truth but there was no way 70 seats free. even some dlk fans in the stand sat on the steps where I was. The seating area in question were being occupied by children and their parents who were providing the HT entertainment. if seats were free then no more than 10 or 20 as other dlk fans would of had preference. Gutter journo's like this are blowing this way out of proportion. don't get me wrong this is serious and a full investigation should take place to establish what exactly happened and also to avoid something like this happening again. and seriously the cry about elderly, women and children ffs
    That could be a liberal description of the author of the loiblog.com piece - I think that the writer, John Doyle, is first and foremost a Pats fan. It could also be pure coincidence that a John Doyle was tweeting in outrage to other Pats fans during the course of the evening.

That said, he has every right to raise these issues - they just should not be assumed to be impartial

4. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    So to summarise everything I've read thus far: a group of rowdy, possibly inebriated Pats-supporting children and elderly people were allowed into the home stand by benevolent but grossly-negligent Dundalk stewards, who then refused to allow said fans sit on seats as they were holding them for the kids who play at half time, but also because they're *******s. Right so.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    So to summarise everything I've read thus far: a group of rowdy, possibly inebriated Pats-supporting children and elderly people were allowed into the home stand by benevolent but grossly-negligent Dundalk stewards, who then refused to allow said fans sit on seats as they were holding them for the kids who play at half time, but also because they're *******s. Right so.
    You make it sound so clear.

Are you a journalist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    I said the issues started before kick off
    And their was loads of empty seats in the stand behind our section before kick off when over crowding had started and pats fans were instructed to sit on the steps. Clearly the amount of tickets sold for our section was not tracked and they sold too many.
    I'm not getting into a tit for tat. As I said I was in the away section from before kick off when the very poor stewarding/safety/matchday organising (whatever you want to call it) started along with a brutal attitude by stewards and ineptitude of the two Garda that turned up and looked totally stunned and incapable of responding to the obvious situation developing
    You made 6 posts before this without giving any clear details (except maybe that you were upset with the music on the P.A. at the end of the match!) - then you follow with these false allegations in this post!

There was no overcrowding in the stand prior to kick-off. There is no question that too many stand tickets were sold.

The problem of over-croiowding occurred during the first half of the match when terrace ticket holders were let in to the stand when the rain got heavy.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    You make it sound so clear.

Are you a journalist
    I think I could make it!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    You made 6 posts before this without giving any clear details (except maybe that you were upset with the music on the P.A. at the end of the match!) - then you follow with these false allegations in this post!

There was no overcrowding in the stand prior to kick-off. There is no question that too many stand tickets were sold.

The problem of over-croiowding occurred during the first half of the match when terrace ticket holders were let in to the stand when the rain got heavy.
    I didn't make false accusations you just have though. Over crowding happened before kick off. Do you think people were sitting on the steps instead of chairs for a laugh ? Cop yourself on, you clearly didn't see the pats section at kick off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    UCD 1 up against Sligo already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What a crazy season this is turning into in the Premier. And Roddy hasn't even arrived yet!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    1-1 now
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    I didn't make false accusations you just have though. Over crowding happened before kick off. Do you think people were sitting on the steps instead of chairs for a laugh ? Cop yourself on, you clearly didn't see the pats section at kick off
    I did as i was standing in the tunnel in to that area at k.o. There was no overcrowding, some choose to move in to the aisles and stairway to improve their view of the Carrick end goal. They should have been moved to their seats but can you imagine the outrage if asked to do so.
    I moved later on so didnt see the accident but I hope the gentleman who was injured makes a full and speedy recovery but there is nothing to suggest a connection between the various incidents. He is not the first and wont be the last person who has fallen in a football ground where there are multiple unavoidable trip hazzards eg steps!

As for overcrowding, in events like these there are usually numerous contributing factors, the weather, poor decision making by authorities, inadaquate stewerding, not insisting that people take their allocated seats, apparent vacant areas that were already designated to schoolboys, match incidents that create irrate supporters like a sending off and a scoreline, excessive drinking prematch. Lessons will be learned and it is highly unlikely that a repeat of events will occur as simply no matter what the conditions are like people will no longer be allowed enter the stand without a stand ticket. It is unfortunate that sombody recognising the horrible conditions that aways supporters were standing that they compassionately let them in to a covered area and it seriously backfired on them.

As an aside i have regularily seen fans crowd in practically on top of eachother when seats are available. The shed in Oriel for example if everyone in that area stood in individual spaces behind the seats it would fill the terrace but they choose to crowd in on top of each other - each to their own i suppose but i like a bit of space around me!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Finished 5-2 Sligo. The only thing UCD love more than scoring goals is conceding goals. Martin Russell is the Irish Kevin Keegan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Great read lads.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Finished 5-2 Sligo. The only thing UCD love more than scoring goals is conceding goals. Martin Russell is the Irish Kevin Keegan.
    Or Ossie Ardiles. Best value team in the league by a distance. Even scored one for Sligo tonight just to help them along.

Well on course for a ton down this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Not the first time there was an accident in the main stand in Oriel on the steps, was talking to a man tonight who spent a week in Drogheda hospital because of it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads, an unbelievable read. What the **** are ye doing like? If you are so adamant something wrong happened say it and prove It. The carry on out of some of ye is crazy. Like desaints or whatever you are called, you have one function in this argument. Stirring. No story. No events or account but every bad word to say. You should **** off out of here and Im not even involved in Pats or dundalk. Ye are disgracing LOI on here. Discuss it properly or dont bother discussing it.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Señor Willy View Post
    Lads, an unbelievable read. What the **** are ye doing like? If you are so adamant something wrong happened say it and prove It. The carry on out of some of ye is crazy. Like desaints or whatever you are called, you have one function in this argument. Stirring. No story. No events or account but every bad word to say. You should **** off out of here and Im not even involved in Pats or dundalk. Ye are disgracing LOI on here. Discuss it properly or dont bother discussing it.
    This. From reading here and other sites I'm not sure what Dundalk security did except not let Pats fans out of the ground straight after the game but this is standard practise. Lots of comments that security were c***s etc but not one saying what they did? Talk of a boycott from some Saints fans too. Hope the young lad makes a speedy recovery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Talk of a boycott from some Saints fans too.
    Its amazing how quickly Pats fans have started to mimic Shamrock Rovers finest since they went top of the table

Attacking fences, abusing stewards, being victims, spitting out the dummy when beaten.......and now a boycott.

What next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Its amazing how quickly Pats fans have started to mimic Shamrock Rovers finest since they went top of the table

But not the brollies though.

Pity, that would have averted all of this.

26. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast