Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Series 17 & 14- Premier & 1St Div Fixtures.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    good man dean kelly.
    always remember folks, bohs are there to be laughed at.

and scobie brennan got sent off as well.

hoops hoops.
    Flacid, I`ll allow that every team who are routinely beating the poorest Bohs side since the 1960`s can have a good laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    What horrible stuff did you see monks?
    Bet you weren't even there?

Hibs.You only head in here when you reckon there might be a bit off an oul row.

Some off yee need to cop on and esp the lad that started this whole non-story on Twitter.His name begins with a D and ends with an e and he of course he seen all after he bullied his way in to the Dundalk stand.In Fact he published photos of him doing it.He is a victim of his own making.A drunk ****.

Thats it.
    This guy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    My guy is called Didge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Ha ha.
    What exactly happened that a fan ended up in hospital "because of the security"?
    I find this intriguing.

If we can't muster up a performance tonight and get the win against UCD at home then I will be seriously concerned.
    Getting very congested at the top.

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    This guy?

That's seriously articulate stuff there. Way too high brow for me.

Getting beat again by Dundalk probably did not help the spirit of the Pats fans - especially the group that launched a full scale attack on a totally innocent fence after the match (the fence did not attack back and the Pats heroes gave up after a few futile minutes)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    AFAIK there has been a few statements to the guards about the incidents, not 100% sure what happened myself, as i was waiting to get out.

Chris Shields behaviour when warming up at the time Brennan got sent off was disgraceful, pure incitement towards the Pats fans.

About the game, poor conditions, poor officals, draw would have been fair I thought, didnt think it was gonna be easy against Dundalk, Kenny has turned them into a hard to beat team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    AFAIK there has been a few statements to the guards about the incidents, not 100% sure what happened myself, as i was waiting to get out.

Chris Shields behaviour when warming up at the time Brennan got sent off was disgraceful, pure incitement towards the Pats fans.

About the game, poor conditions, poor officals, draw would have been fair I thought, didnt think it was gonna be easy against Dundalk, Kenny has turned them into a hard to beat team.
    Crazy.Never happened before in a match!

Them Dundalk crowd are mental.Complete mentalists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I'm surprised Pats fans are not concerned about the stupidity of Brennan.

It was obvious from the beginning of the game that he was going to get himself sent off. I was surprised he lasted 30 minutes.

Teams, even good one's like Pats, cannot give Kenny's Dundalk a one man advantage for an hour.

They are as fit as hell and can move the ball quickly. Pats played really well for 70 minutes, but were dead on their feet for the last 20 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

What are your thoughts on Killian Brennan's behaviour?

Is bad behaviour by some fans always excused by any of (a) preceived incitement by players (b) referreeing decisions (c) Stewarding (d) losing a match they expected to win?

St Pats are an excellent footballing side and with a bit of extra luck could have got the draw - but Dundalk were full value for the win, and but for a poor penalty it should have been a more comfortable margin.

You should look at Killian Brennans two footed assault rather then the referee for the key turning point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    What are your thoughts on Killian Brennan's behaviour?

Is bad behaviour by some fans always excused by any of (a) preceived incitement by players (b) referreeing decisions (c) Stewarding (d) losing a match they expected to win?
    I didnt say it was, but if it was a pats player doing it in front of your fans then you wouldnt say that.

What was the bad behaviour by the fans??

I didnt expect us to win anyway thought it was going to be a draw.

St Pats are an excellent footballing side and with a bit of extra luck could have got the draw - but Dundalk were full value for the win, and but for a poor penalty it should have been a more comfortable margin.

You should look at Killian Brennans two footed assault rather then the referee for the key turning point.
    I didnt get a good view of it, I heard it was one foot with studs showing. I think there was a similar one on I Bolger a few mins earlier which didnt even get a card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I didnt get a good view of it, I heard it was one foot with studs showing. I think there was a similar one on I Bolger a few mins earlier which didnt even get a card.
    Brennan went over the ball with intention of raking his studs on Meenan's leg. It was the most obvious red card I have seen in years.

And just a few moments after he got away with an elbow!!

He was a liability to Pats last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I didnt say it was, but if it was a pats player doing it in front of your fans then you wouldnt say that.
    Eh - yes I would:

Any intentional goading / inciting of fans is not acceptable, irrespective of what team colours they wear.
    If it occurs it does not mean that all types of fan reaction is justified (for example Ross Gaynor and Drogheda "fans" in Sligo V Drogs at Showgrounds)

What was the bad behaviour by the fans??
    If you were in the body of St Pats fans being retained in the ground after the match, you could hardly have failed to see the aggressive and violent behaviour of some Pats fans trying to tear down security screens.

In general St Pats fans have been well behaved, good fun and welcome visitors to Oriel (including being one of the few groups allowed in numbers into the Lilywhite Lounge).

Decent Pats fans should not follow Shamrock Rovers lead by turning a blind eye to the bad behaviour of a minority

I didnt expect us to win anyway thought it was going to be a draw.
    You are the first!
    Every Pats fan I spoke to was expecting a win.

You seem to have seen very little last night!

Check out MNS for the clear cut red card - I expect that Brennan will get the max additional suspension as a result
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 15/06/2013 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Eh - yes I would:

Any intentional goading / inciting of fans is not acceptable, irrespective of what team colours they wear.
    If it occurs it does not mean that all types of fan reaction is justified (for example Ross Gaynor and Drogheda "fans" in Sligo V Drogs at Showgrounds)
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood my point there, the fans behaviour and players behaviour are completely separate. I was just trying to say that if it was a pats player you wouldnt find it acceptable, as you already said above.

If you were in the body of St Pats fans being retained in the ground after the match, you could hardly have failed to see the aggressive and violent behaviour of some Pats fans trying to tear down security screens.

In general St Pats fans have been well behaved, good fun and welcome visitors to Oriel (including being one of the few groups allowed in numbers into the Lilywhite Lounge).

Decent Pats fans should not follow Shamrock Rovers lead by turning a blind eye to the bad behaviour of a minority
    Security screens, are these at the big gates, no? Thats where I was, and I didnt see any agressive or violent behaviour from fans there. Most of us were to concerned to see if our mate was ok or just wanted to get onto the bus and go home.

You seem to have seen very little last night!

Check out MNS for the clear cut red card - I expect that Brennan will get the max additional suspension as a result
    I was standing in the non covered section, with the winds, p*ssing rain, freezing cold, people standing in my way, forgive me for not seeing everything.

Will check it out though.
    Last edited by danthesaint; 15/06/2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I was standing in the non covered section, with the winds, p*ssing rain, freezing cold, people standing in my way, forgive me for not seeing everything.
    I hate that in the LOI.

The least we should expect to be able to see the game. I was at United Park on Monday night and one third of the pitch was totally obscured from view.

The circumstances leading to a fan slipping and falling on steps will need to be investigated and lessons learned.

Unfortunately, money does not exist to build a covered stand for the small number of away fans who come to Oriel Park. I would advise all away fans to read the weather forecast before coming, and if it is poor, pay an extra fiver to buy a stand ticket. €15 to sit in a stand with two bars and good toilets is pretty good value.

I paid that on Monday to stand in United Park with no food or bar facilities worth talking about, disgusting toilets, and a view of 2/3rds of the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood my point there, the fans behaviour and players behaviour are completely separate. I was just trying to say that if it was a pats player you wouldnt find it acceptable, as you already said above.

Security screens, are these at the big gates, no? Thats where I was, and I didnt see any agressive or violent behaviour from fans there. Most of us were to concerned to see if our mate was ok or just wanted to get onto the bus and go home.

You know Oriel yeah?

You knew you weren't coming to a kids bun party so if you knew about the biblical "the winds, p*ssing rain, freezing cold, people standing in my way" why didn't you wise up and pay what you normally pay into richmond and sit in the stand?

And stop with victim rubbish "ahh me mate"

If you didn't see any "agressive or violent behaviour" by pats fans at the end of the match then you weren't there sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    You know Oriel yeah?

You knew you weren't coming to a kids bun party so if you knew about the biblical "the winds, p*ssing rain, freezing cold, people standing in my way" why didn't you wise up and pay what you normally pay into richmond and sit in the stand?

And stop with victim rubbish "ahh me mate"

If you didn't see any "agressive or violent behaviour" by pats fans at the end of the match then you weren't there sir.
    Where was it? Was it at the gate, thats where I was. If it wasnt then I didnt see it.

And yeah he is my mate, so I was concerned about how he was, he has a broken bone is his back and broke both sides of his pelvis, just in case you are concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    And yeah he is my mate, so I was concerned about how he was, he has a broken bone is his back and broke both sides of his pelvis, just in case you are concerned.
    I'm sure every Dundalk fan wishes him a speedy recovery.

The same thing nearly happened to me at the Aviva coming down steep steps. Someone coming in the other direction was able to stop my fall before I really injured myself.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I'm shocked to hear of the extent and seriousness of his injuries. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Decent game, full of tension from the start, the rain gave the pitch a faster than normal pace, I'm no fan of it, but it contributed to a really good game last night. You would never have thought Pats were down to 10 men for 15 mins after the break, they are a very good side, and no doubt why they are top, but we definitely deserved to win in the end, no question about that. Very foolish by Brennan, put his team under huge pressure, then he got a hero welcome when he emerged into the stand for the second half.

It's unfortunate away fans have to stand in the rain, no excuses for that and I really wish we could offer some sort of cover. The option is there as said above to pay €15 and go to they main stand, before kick off this could be managed a bit better, and adequate space would have been found if a higher number of away fans made that decision then, as that area is rarely used by DLK fans. I think it's unfair having a go at stewards who all of sudden are forced to accommodate around 150-200 fans during the match and who were originally managed and paid into another area.

Best wishes to the Pats fan for a speedy recovery.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Did Pat's create many chances after Brennan was sent off?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast