Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Rod Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Regardless of what happened with your fans, how in gods name can you be happy that a nice little club like monaghon are gone. Thats a shockin thing to say. And on the point of ye being falsely accused of drinking in the stand?? I have often seen yer lads drinking in the stand in our place. Even remember a group of yer lads standing at the entrance to the dressing room area and kicking and banging on the doors because ye were ****ed off at losing and wanted to have a go at the ref or something. Yer no angels
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Regardless of what happened with your fans, how in gods name can you be happy that a nice little club like monaghon are gone. Thats a shockin thing to say. And on the point of ye being falsely accused of drinking in the stand?? I have often seen yer lads drinking in the stand in our place. Even remember a group of yer lads standing at the entrance to the dressing room area and kicking and banging on the doors because ye were ****ed off at losing and wanted to have a go at the ref or something. Yer no angels
    I'm not delighted with Monaghan being gone as I thought it was a decent away trip with a grand little bar and I'm no fool and know a lot of lads are no angels like most young fellas around the country when they get away from their parents for a few hours. It doesn't mean false accusations against certain fans and making them then have to travel half way up the country for nothing is right and I can see why certain people would be ****ed off. I know if it was me that was accused of it and had to travel up to Monaghan to defend myself for something I did'nt do I wouldn't be too impressed either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Firstly because i dont think they are a nice little club.

Secondly that is complete and utter lies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Well considering i was standing there watching them do it,i don't believe its lies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Well considering i was standing there watching them do it,i don't believe its lies
    Was it recently then as in the last 2 or 3 seasons? Im almost sure i know what you are talking about but you have twisted it into something completely different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Would of been a few years ago? Not sure exactly! What do you think i am talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Would of been a few years ago? Not sure exactly! What do you think i am talking about
    Well we haven't lost to ye in Athlone since we were Limerick 37 if i'm not mistaken i've been to all games away to ye for years the only incident i can remember anything like what you are talking about is when we beat ye last season or the season before and there was a group of lads singing and jumping up and down in the car park outside where the dressing rooms are celebrating someone may have banged a door then but it was in no way nasty or trying to get at a ref.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Never said they wanted to get at the ref. I said wanted to have a go. So they waited outside the door. They DID kick the door numerous times. Anyways its nothing major, i was just stating the point that ye are no angels

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    all three episodes on tonight, back to back from 12:30

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    is there many more episodes of it does anyone know?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Got to watch one episode. Real sad watching. Always loved the trip to Monaghan and forcing a Mondog into me for the occasion. Hope to see them back again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Seriously conflicted between watching the Rod Squad tonight and the Man with the 10 Stone Testicles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Seriously conflicted between watching the Rod Squad tonight and the Man with the 10 Stone Testicles.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That's exactly what I thought of! But I'm still deeply disappointed you missed the opportunity to refer to Roddy having the biggest, most blatant testicles in the entire league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Why do they keep showing the fans in Oriel no matter who the clips of them playing are against.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Why do they keep showing the fans in Oriel no matter who the clips of them playing are against.
    or a scoreboard at Turners Cross
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The only time you would ever see more than 2 Monaghan fans together was when they played in Oriel. They managed to get another 3 just for the novelty factor of playing in a stadium and not a cow field that was within walking distance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Limerick fans having to go up and down to Monaghan to court after being arrested at a game against Monaghan for completely false allegations including a false claim of racist remarks. Seems they couldn't take losing and the fact that there was more Limerick fans then home fans there on the night very well. Not a huge deal but i think falsely accusing someone of racism is disgusting so im happy that Monghan are gone and i wont pretend otherwise. Actually got a good chuckle watching it.
    That is a horrible thing to say.

So one or maybe a minority of fans falsely accused one of your fans of racist abuse and other things and now you are happy that a whole business where a lot of people lost jobs and a lot of people lost something they love is gone.

That is ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc1992 View Post
    That is a horrible thing to say.

So one or maybe a minority of fans falsely accused one of your fans of racist abuse and other things and now you are happy that a whole business where a lot of people lost jobs and a lot of people lost something they love is gone.

That is ridiculous

No not their fans the people running the club and working with the club were the ones with the false accusations.

Who lost their jobs then the volunteers or the players that were not getting paid anyway?

If there was a lot of people that loved it it wouldnt be gone the whole problem was that they didnt have a lot of people that loved it.

Its simple i am not in any way sad they are gone i dont feel sorry for em at all others feel differently thats really all there is too it no big deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Hi lads.

I was just wondering were there just three episodes of this. Did it finish after the episode on Monday 24th June ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast