Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: St. Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

St. Pats

Looked a very clever team out in Thomond Park but we missed two sitters, best we can hope for is a draw but we'll probably go down 2-1 or 1-0

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Looked a very clever team out in Thomond Park but we missed two sitters, best we can hope for is a draw but we'll probably go down 2-1 or 1-0
    Expecting a loss, few missing tomorrow through injury and suspension. I'd like a decent performance though, would think there'll be a decent crowd heading up too.

Also, on a side note, saw the Physio position advertised on the website, has something happened there or is it just bringing someone else in? I've heard from a few players that there's no Physio at training sessions during the day, maybe it's for that?

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    A draw would do fine, a clean sheet in a dour 0-0 where we frustrate hell out of them all evening please.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    any commentary available for this one?

will be a fantastic performance to get anything tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    We didn't look in any trouble in the first half but gifted them a goal at half-time(poor Folan back pass) the second went in about 10 to 15 after and that was it. Linesman could have given offside but these things happen, the worry is we never looked like troubling them, never looked like getting back in the game no change in the game plan....we decide to go out not to lose and then it looks like we decide a 2-0 defeat is a good result...not one shot on target...what has happened Gaffney by the way his first touch is terrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    We didn't look in any trouble in the first half but gifted them a goal at half-time(poor Folan back pass) the second went in about 10 to 15 after and that was it. Linesman could have given offside but these things happen, the worry is we never looked like troubling them, never looked like getting back in the game no change in the game plan....we decide to go out not to lose and then it looks like we decide a 2-0 defeat is a good result...not one shot on target...what has happened Gaffney by the way his first touch is terrible
    I was only on the ET updates but there was no mention of Limerick providing goal threat, it was noticeable. Really not even one effort on target ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Not one, we never tried anything different either...thought Taylor would have pushed us up the pitch a bit after going 2 down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    918 Posts
    I remember looking at the subs and thinking the answer probably needs to be in the starting eleven tonight as it's just squad players, and not Taylor signings at that, and young lads, a lovely as it is to see them in and around the side, on the bench. Still, no effort on goal is kind of disappointing. A poor outing but they could be champions, they have a real chance now with Sligo dropping points again tonight. I think we need a few new faces to kick on again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    pats played us off the park,very comfortable win for them,our nearest attempt being gaffneys which came well into the second half,again the worry was no visable change from taylor to address things.the mistake from folan[who i rate highly]has been an accident waiting to happen for weeks..ryan normally gets us out of jail on the numerous poor backpass,s we give him but not on this occassion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We have been playing fairly poorly for ages now imo and Taylor has done nothing at all to change it he just keeps going with the exact same thing. Hopefully picks up after the transfer window.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought Gaffney had a very good first half when you consider the passes he received and the manner he dealt with them. Constantly playing against 2 centre halfs who were going tight on him and balls hit up in the air to him, he was making himself a nuisance and very difficult to mark. Our problem is midfield. everyone said that our midfield would hold their own in the league this year but under Taylor he has Bradley and Gamble sitting in front of the poor back 4 which limits our attacking. Very rarely on sat did i see any midfielder run past Gaffney. We all thought Galbriath would be better too. The transfer window cant come quick enough. Brown, Williams, Curran if rumours are correct are gone. But more importantly the other 3 big signings of Taylor need to be better. I am talking about Folan, Galbraith and Nzuzi.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalna View Post
    The transfer window cant come quick enough. Brown, Williams, Curran if rumours are correct are gone. But more importantly the other 3 big signings of Taylor need to be better. I am talking about Folan, Galbraith and Nzuzi.
    To be fair, Curran has been decent, but I don't see why he won't play him and Rory in a 4 4 2 to see how they work. Every game I've seen, the front man is isolated.
    I know Taylor had a relatively short time to assemble a squad, but don't forget how long he made some of the lads wait as well for contracts. Shane Tracy, Dave O'Leary etc. were all back training for about 4 weeks before they were offered a contract. In that time, Graham Gartland, Seamus Long, Dylan Mernagh, Mick Daly were all at training (some might not be premier standard, but they'd be better than what we have on the bench), and a few decent players hadn't signed and could have been gotten, instead we're now left with a very poor overall squad but a decent first 11.

I'm delighted to be back premier, but with the money that's been put in this season and the style of play recently, I just was expecting a bit more. Interesting to see what happens after the transfer window.