Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Rumour Mill - Summer 2013

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    Any truth that there's a EGM tonight in Rockmount Pk ?
    Ringmahon/Fermoy are on standy having been told by the league that rockmount are looking unlikely to be able to field a senior team this year!
    Last edited by el nino coro; 18/08/2013 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Ringmahon/Fermoy are on standy having been told by the league that rockmount are looking unlikely to be able to field a senior team this year!
    On standby for what?coro get a life boy!

3. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    A Promotion playoff,rockmount have no junior team,no youths,and only a couple of schoolboys teams,the club is in turmoil,anyone who didn't see this coming is blind!People talk about certain guys out there being great clubmen,a great clubman does not run for the hills when the club needs them most!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Jesus Coro your gone mad my Mexican friend, Alan's a decent bloke we don't know all the inns and out's of it. Here is a guy who put he's heart and soul into Rockmount for over 20 years as a player and a manager. A through football person in every sense of the word,and knowing Alan I've no doubt that resigning was the very last resort.I can fully understand people knocking teams but to knock a fella for resigning after the service he has given is just not fair.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    A Promotion playoff,rockmount have no junior team,no youths,and only a couple of schoolboys teams,the club is in turmoil,anyone who didn't see this coming is blind!People talk about certain guys out there being great clubmen,a great clubman does not run for the hills when the club needs them most!
    Having said all that coro, it's only a game of ball. Family and work are far higher priorities and if the lad can't make the commitment (and it's a huge commitment) then so be it.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Razor, just block the clown....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    Razor, just block the clown....
    He's only just back from a one month suspension.
    He's entitled to his opinion all the same old head.
    But it's a fine line between ruffling a few feathers and overstepping the mark.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Great to have you back coro, not!!! Once again ridiculous comments. Firstly you cannot knock Alan Martin. Has given unreal service to the club and will be missed. Lets face it he had a horrible task to follow in replacing billy and if I'm not mistaken he won some silverware. Coro you seem to be very bitter about teams being successful and then maybe struggling a few years down the line and you are harping on about clubs not bringing players through. Your after playing for about 4/5 msl teams now so you can't really talk. Also lads I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of clubs bringing players through. If your looking for local lads to play with there local teams then go play or watch GAA.
    Razor I agree with people on here, just ban coro.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    Great to have you back coro, not!!! Once again ridiculous comments. Firstly you cannot knock Alan Martin. Has given unreal service to the club and will be missed. Lets face it he had a horrible task to follow in replacing billy and if I'm not mistaken he won some silverware. Coro you seem to be very bitter about teams being successful and then maybe struggling a few years down the line and you are harping on about clubs not bringing players through. Your after playing for about 4/5 msl teams now so you can't really talk. Also lads I could probably count on 1 hand the amount of clubs bringing players through. If your looking for local lads to play with there local teams then go play or watch GAA.
    Razor I agree with people on here, just ban coro.
    Why block me pundit??? so your beloved Avondale will be criticism free,id say you were a "im telling the teacher little boy in school"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well said offside rule but you got to ask yourself the reasons as to why the players would not play for the club? Was it the set up? management?etc. it's a shame really because Cobh has a strong football tradition.
    The O'Rourke's have just had their greatest achievement. Destroying Cobh Wanderers. Should never have been appointed in the first place.
    I hope to see Cobh Wanderers back sooner rather than later. They need someone to attract players and energise the club.

Regarding Alan Martin I think people should stop being so disrespectful. He's a nice guy who put his heart and sole into it. Lets see if Billy can do any better, personally I don't see Rockmount doing much. Players are average with a few exceptions and nothing coming through.
    Keep an eye out for Corinthians and midleton next season. Both have assembled very strong squads.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Typical soccer players offside. Loyalty to themselves and nobody else

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    Well said offside rule but you got to ask yourself the reasons as to why the players would not play for the club? Was it the set up? management?etc. it's a shame really because Cobh has a strong football tradition.
    The O'Rourke's have just had their greatest achievement. Destroying Cobh Wanderers. Should never have been appointed in the first place.
    I hope to see Cobh Wanderers back sooner rather than later. They need someone to attract players and energise the club.

Regarding Alan Martin I think people should stop being so disrespectful. He's a nice guy who put his heart and sole into it. Lets see if Billy can do any better, personally I don't see Rockmount doing much. Players are average with a few exceptions and nothing coming through.
    Keep an eye out for Corinthians and midleton next season. Both have assembled very strong squads.
    struggling to see this talk about Cors. They have lost, Ron, waters, Gareth, willie heffernan and a few to Carrigaline & Hall. They must have brought in a load. Who's after coming in? Can't comment on Midleton...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post

El Patron, you are totally pointing the finger in the wrong direction by mentioning the management(by name) as the reason for Cobh Wanderers senior team folding. Very easy for people to think this looking from the outside in!.
    The management had met the majority of the Cobh bandwagon individually, in groups, and through their spokesman elect on numerous occasions and were told they would consider/be interested in signing with Cobh, but never bothered showing up in the end. The management couldnt do anymore!!!.
    As regard the set-up this is'nt the case either, Cobh have a playing pitch, dressing rooms, astroturf available to them for training, gym/leisure club memebership upon payment of script/registration fee - the same Midleton have to offer.
    Cant say its honours either that these boys are after, as I dont think you get medals for finishing 5th/6th/7th. If it was really honours/medals/titles they were after then surely it would be Avondale(re:Chubbs) or UCC or Coll Cors or even Rockmount(if Billy is back in charge) they would have signed for.
    Its all down to egos, but these will be the lads in a few/couple of years moaning about poor senior football / lack of football in Cobh - instead of doing something about it now!!!.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    By name? Isn't everyone involved mentioned by name. What about poor Alan Martin?
    Surely part of management is attracting players and if you can't do that then u haven't done a good job.
    Most of the players u mentioned wouldn't be good enough for Avondale.
    Lots of players have egos, that's football, u gota deal with that and get the players in.
    END OF STORY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Didnt the management in question down at wanderers do the same to Springfield football club last year that the midleton/cobh bandwagon are being accused of? And the juniors and their management had to step up to the plate an they done a great job surviving after being left in the lerch.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Anybody fancy a friendly Saturday send me a message

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Postie, what happened last year with Springfield is very similar to the Wanderers this year. Coincidence alright that the same management were in place at the time. But there both down to lack of players or disinterest from players to play with their local clubs.
    Last year several Springfield players left to join Wanderers MSL and more to Midleton, resulting in maybe 6/7 palyers left for Springfield Seniors, the juniors were not interested in playing senior under the management so the management stepped aside(in the interest of the club) to allow the junior team represent the club in AUL Prem A.
    This year down in Wanderers with the said managment in charge other players left to join the Midleton/Cobh bandwagon resulting in poor numbers for Wanders Seniors. Wanderers Committee pulled the senior team as the thought it not viable to enter a team and also wouldnt ask their junior team to play senior MSL ... There you have it!!!.
    Its an awful pity there hasnt been a one local team in Cobh challenging for Honours as there is ample talent around the town, there is no better feeling then winning medals/trophies with your loacal club and friends/colleagues!.
    Perhaps its time there should be only one local senior team in Cobh, because having 4/5 playing with Springers and 4/5 playing with Wanderers and 12+ playing with MidleCobhton will never result in any future success for Cobh Football.
    Last edited by offside rule; 21/08/2013 at 9:37 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think it's more than a coincidence that the same management was involved on both occasions but that's a different story. The point I'm trying to make is you seem to be laying the total blame at the players of the 'bandwagon' for wanderers having no senior team. Being a ramblers man I know some of those players who used play for us and you're saying they'll be remembered for wrecking cobh football or something along those lines. I think you need to step back and look at the situation as a whole.

Wanderers have been relegated 3 years in a row and managed to stay in first division by default. In that time they've had the bones of 3 teams. And every season players chopped and changed with juniors, Springfield, and then ramblers and midleton last year. As a club they've had some form of youth team for the last 3 years at this stage so there must have been at least 30 players that have played 19's for the club. So where have all these players gone. You can't just blame 6 or 7 who played msl premier las year and the rest that went down this year ( 2 from ramblers who I know for fact dave hill told to go directly to midleton and come back to us next year ) when aul 2nd div players wouldn't play aul premier for these managers why would msl premier players drop two divisions to play with them. Even without the 12 midleton there should be enough for a squad of former 19s players with the current players and some juniors.

Your entitled to your opinion that these players have no loyalty but if that's the case no players in general have loyalty. But to say these are the names that'll be remembered for killing cobh football is wrong. Players for years have been leaving cobh for football when leaving ramblers and not choosing wanderers. I can remember players as far back as pat maher and Barry Hastings comin down from ramblers and playing for Corinthians at different stages. And when ramblers went a league a few years ago half went to blarney, Mikey o Shea and willie Bruton to avondale, these players weren't slated for not choosing wanderers. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to play at the next available level from league of Ireland, test themselves against teams the calibre of avondale who would prob do better than us in the loi.

unfortunately your right maybe there should be one senior team and one aul team rather than 4 adult teams but eventually they'll get there. Now each club has one team it's about building now to get both to the highest possible level or staying there as in Springers case. I've no doubt wanderers will be back better in the future. But point being bitter to midleton in the mean time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Just to let all genuine followers of local football on this forum that the demise of Rockmount has been grossly over exaggerrated. Best of luck to all for the forthcoming season. Good to be back from an extended holiday.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Postie,great post these and some excellent research done. Indeed lads from Cobh haveplayed with clubs outside of town previously, ie; Maher-Abbott-Mahony-O’Rourke,all joined a successful Corinthians team with which they wonmedals/honours. Also as you mentioned Hastings, along with Wilshaw (Henderson & Dalton) after finishing 2nd & 3rd in two seasons to Coll Cors & Rockmount left to play with Coll Cors following the George Mellerick era with Cobh Wanderers, in fact the club failed to have a senior team the year after Mellerick finished. These players were left in limbo with no MSL football in Cobh and when Coll Cors & Fergie McDaid came calling it was too good a chance to turn down PremierMSL, Intermediate Cup runs & FAI cup competitions. All these players did so to compete at the highest level available to them and were involved with teamsthat challenged for titles and trophies.
    Regarding the coincidence about the Management you mention – don’t think players didn’t sign for these clubs because of them!. Actually presently a current Midleton player has been in contact with one of these managers/coaches asking him would he be interested in going down to Midleton to coach help out with the set-up there,because his training is good and he knows the lads … strange!.
    I’m not bitter towards Midleton, agree with any player trying to better themselves andplaying at highest level possible, challenging for trophies (I’ve done itmyself, outside of town – when there was no senior MSL team in Cobh). My disappointment is that there is no senio rMSL team in Cobh now and all these players in Midleton (however many number + maybe more to go) will not play regularly so I don’t think they are there to better themselves and also I don’t think Midleton will be challenging any time soon(ref: Chubbs and now Greener’s moving to Avondale to win trophies). Just think that in 12months time it could have been, both Midleton and Wanderers in MSL 1st Div – same level/calibre of football, would have been interesting to see where people played then.No player has loyalties agree with you there and this can be seen at all levels worldwide.But some of these players had expressed interest to play with Wanderers this season, I believe they called it '‘revolutionising Cobh football'' - but didn’t bother turning up when pre-season began. The Wanderers u-19 players are not interested in progressing to play senior football, they are comfortable playing in same team as their friends and the juniors are a happy bunch in there league (MJL). Regarding the killing of senior football in Cobh, the sole blame doesn’t lie with group down in Midleton - but just hope that if they ever decide to return to Cobh toplay football for whatever reason that there is team there for them. Perhaps it is time for clubs to come together in town and maybe form one senior team inCobh.
    Must compliment you on your involvement with Ramblers – good to see LOI footie proper back in Cobh where good players can go and test themselves at the highest calibre.
    Anyway that’s the end of my gripe with the lack of Senior League football in Cobh or playersplaying wherever … Seasons about to start soon so best of luck to all players wherever ye are plying your trade.
    Last edited by offside rule; 22/08/2013 at 10:50 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324