Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Series 14 & 11 Premier & First Division fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Love the Pats away shirt, I think it's possibly the nicest shirt in the league, colours work really well with the sponsor on the front. The opposite of our monstrosity basically!

You think? Undecided about it myself. Less Patselona than Crystal Pats really. It might grow on me.

Nice comfortable win in the end tonight. First half we were poor but once we got the breakthrough it was all over and we played some nice stuff then.

Chants of the night "Patselona, Patselona" and "There's only one Alan Matthews"

Nice to stuff Shels again. It's becoming one of my favourite habits of ours.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Manager merry go round watch.

After tonight-

Managers under pressure.And in no order;

Paul O'Brien Waterford Utd.
    Trevor Croly Shamrock Rovers
    Tommy Dunne Cork City

And sure we'll stick in Cooke too for the laugh

Mick Cooke Drogheda United.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    Manager merry go round watch.

After tonight-

Managers under pressure.And in no order;

Paul O'Brien Waterford Utd.
    Trevor Croly Shamrock Rovers
    Tommy Dunne Cork City

And sure we'll stick in Cooke too for the laugh

Mick Cooke Drogheda United.
    Croly's fine. His decision to go with 2 up front tonight was bizarre, as was his decision to play the same team twice in four days, but the team is moving forward. I hope.

But.

Rovers were awful today. Bohemians fully deserved the draw, and even though the Bohs goal came from an awful decision by the ref it was coming. The midfield has no shape without Rice or Chambers in there and Crooly has to take responsibility for abandoning an entire season's worth of tactics for a crucial game. He blinked, inexplicably. The penalty was a penalty, I can't believe anybody is arguing otherwise. He kicked it off his own hand, it's a penalty every time.

Bohs have some very good players, they'll be absolutely fine this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Good game of ball on a poor pitch in Finn Park tonight. Mervue are certainly no pushovers, really good team, well drilled. Johnny Glynn doing great work there this season.

Watched by Ian Barraclough and Gary Stevens, supposedly watching Ryan Manning. Scouts there from Blackburn and Bolton too.

Harps starting to show a bit of form however, and contender for goal of the season by Sean McCarron, and save of the season by Ciaran Gallagher.

It's nice to be sitting second in the table and chasing down Longford only 1 point behind after being 7 points behind them two weeks ago.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Croly's fine. His decision to go with 2 up front tonight was bizarre, as was his decision to play the same team twice in four days, but the team is moving forward. I hope.

But.

Rovers were awful today. Bohemians fully deserved the draw, and even though the Bohs goal came from an awful decision by the ref it was coming. The midfield has no shape without Rice or Chambers in there and Crooly has to take responsibility for abandoning an entire season's worth of tactics for a crucial game. He blinked, inexplicably. The penalty was a penalty, I can't believe anybody is arguing otherwise. He kicked it off his own hand, it's a penalty every time.

Bohs have some very good players, they'll be absolutely fine this season.
    If you think that was a penalty you must be on Colombian magic powder. Shocking decision.

Rovers were awful. I just hope Shamrock keep Croly as manager. Having watched that game Shamrock have no game plan, no tactics & no idea what their best first eleven is

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He kicked it against his hand. If it hadn't hit his hand it would have gone to a Rovers player. You don't have to actively handle the ball to be adjudged to have handled it. You get away with decisions like that but it is handball.

Rovers were awful but this game was an aberration. He abandoned his tactical approach for no apparent reason, presumably through panic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    He kicked it against his hand. If it hadn't hit his hand it would have gone to a Rovers player. You don't have to actively handle the ball to be adjudged to have handled it. You get away with decisions like that but it is handball.

Rovers were awful but this game was an aberration. He abandoned his tactical approach for no apparent reason, presumably through panic.
    Your hand must look like your chin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You would want to visit Specsavers Charlie. You are either in denial or a moron. He hit the ball against his chin.

Brian Kerr, Stu Byrne, Peter Collins & joe public could see on tv it was a shocking decision. But if this is the only way you can console yourself with only getting a draw after being outplayed by a team of kids, who am I to argue.

Rovers are mid table, 12 points off the top of the table with a game more played after 1/3 of the league season. That's not an aberration, that's a pattern.

I can only hope Croly keeps his job, as the guy has not got a clue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I've just had a look at the stream now and it does seem to hit his chin, but he had his arm in the air and in real time it looked it hit his arm which was stretched out above his head. Both commentator and Kerr both reckoned it hit his arm on first viewing, but for some reason reckoned that it didn't count as a handball. He's unlucky but the referee sees it in real time and it it looks like a handball.

For the Elebert decision, the linesman is right by it and it's clearly not a foul.

Like I said, Bohs deserved the draw. It was a poor game and Rovers were awful. Croly changed his tactics for some reason and it backfired. Overall this season, Rovers have been dominating games but not scoring goals so I can see why he'd want to change things but I think he made the wrong decision. I think he's bringing the club in the right direction, until today they had everything except the final touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Charlie, on a big call like that a ref needs to be very sure what he saw. That was a shocking decision, and fair play to Bohs' youngsters for not letting their heads drop.

I thought the worst thing for Shams was the total lack of any credible attacking threat. It all seemed to be based around setpieces, mostly arising from McCabe or someone else getting up the flanks and flopping down at the slightest hint of contact, with Doyle happy to oblige with cheap frees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    That Pat's strip is very nice alright, claret and blue?? You can't go wrong there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Just heard Tommy Dunne's post-match interview. What a spoofer! One week it's the attack that's our problem, the next it's the midfield, then the goalkeeper, now the defence! He doesn't know who to shift the blame to at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Who would your/fans choice be as a replacement ?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Who would your/fans choice be as a replacement ?
    Often (usually?) when a manager gets fired the club don't have a replacement already lined up, they call for applications and give the assistant or one of the backroom staff the job in the meantime. I don't see what's wrong with that approach. I'd sooner the whole process was carefully done.

There are a few people I'd like to see get the job, some who'd cost more and some who'd probably be cheaper. Cheap option - our u19s coach has won back to back titles at that level. More expensive would be someone like Pat Dolan, would be a long shot though.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Big win for Derry last night, more dropped points would have seen us fold I reckon.

Value of having a player like Patterson in your side, never afraid to take the responsibility on to drag his team out of the mess they have put themselves in.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Last nights display by Doyle shows why a fan of a club shouldn`t referee one of their games. Ultimately a Ref is a judge, so where here is a conflict of interest he should either recuse himself or not be assigned .

Anyway, enjoyable game from a Bohs perspective, bar the penalty gift from Doyle. Was fearing a hammering with our two centre-halves and centre forward missing.
    Great to see young lads like Murray and Mulligan destroy the likes of Mc Cormack. Rovers doing a lot of hoofing with Barry Murphy`s kick outs and soft frees being their attacking platform. League mid-table position about right for them. Dont know how Rovers fans can say they are going in the right direction!This crop look as disinterested as Kenny`s team last year.

It`s a pity we can`t raise our game like that for other fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Last edited by adamd164; 18/05/2013 at 1:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    We had a wee fight with the server last night - host technical issues that were out of our control - happily resolved. It is uncanny though that when Extratime went down, the lack of scoring information on other sites as they seemed to simultaneously lose touch with their sources at the game too. Uncanny.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Good game of ball on a poor pitch in Finn Park tonight. Mervue are certainly no pushovers, really good team, well drilled. Johnny Glynn doing great work there this season.

Watched by Ian Barraclough and Gary Stevens, supposedly watching Ryan Manning. Scouts there from Blackburn and Bolton too.

Harps starting to show a bit of form however, and contender for goal of the season by Sean McCarron, and save of the season by Ciaran Gallagher.

It's nice to be sitting second in the table and chasing down Longford only 1 point behind after being 7 points behind them two weeks ago.
    We play Mervue in the League Cup on Monday, could be it either.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Couple of glorious pics. Fck you Neil Doyle!

Brilliant!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast