Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: European Qualifying 2013.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Sligo must have one of the worst Irish records in Europe in recent history? Very, very disappointing from them.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Sligo must have one of the worst Irish records in Europe in recent history? Very, very disappointing from them.
    I think we hold that proud record.

In saying that, TNS & Thor are renowned European heavyweights.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Have Sligo ever won a tie in Europe?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Have Sligo ever won a tie in Europe?
    in 1994 didnt they beat a maltese side?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

5. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    They did, yeah; just. Though then played reasonably well against Club Brugge in the next round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    They looked untouchable during the first 11 games. Since Elding has imploded, they have been shown to be tactically poor. Sligo fans are starting to ask questions.
    You obviously didn't see much of us in that period...yes we won 8 on the bounce but the football was as rank as it is now,we were grinding out wins.Losing faith in Baraclough more by the week.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    The fat lady has sung for the LOI in Europe this year. On paper, Drogheda achieved the most impressive result and who knows what might have happened had they chosen (in a fit a wisdom) to play at Oriel . Pats have no excuse, letting it slip at home against a team from a no great shakes league. Sligo just don't get it how to play against teams in European competition, like trying to show your grandmother how to use a computer.

The league of Iceland, currently topping the country coefficients table, at least until Wednesday night's games, I wonder why that piece of information just spurted out

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The fat lady has sung for the LOI in Europe this year. On paper, Drogheda achieved the most impressive result and who knows what might have happened had they chosen (in a fit a wisdom) to play at Oriel . Pats have no excuse, letting it slip at home against a team from a no great shakes league. Sligo just don't get it how to play against teams in European competition, like trying to show your grandmother how to use a computer.

The league of Iceland, currently topping the country coefficients table, at least until Wednesday night's games, I wonder why that piece of information just spurted out
    The point you seem to be ignoring is that the League of Iceland is currently exceeding expectations while the League of Ireland is performing below expectations. Add to the fact previous good performances from Pats et al has led to them entering at a higher level than previously means they were always likely to gain fewer ranking points than before

edit: I'm not playing down the achievement of the Icelandic teams. I'm delighted to see them do so well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Writing was on the wall when Elding started really. David McMillan should have started up front as at least he'd occupy their 2 centre halves better. Having said that we had enough chances in the first half to make a game if it. Real pity we hadn't played like that in the first leg as that's really where the game was lost. Molde nothing special whatsoever. Thought we should have switched to 2 up front and at least had a go. Molde played 2 up top for the second half as it was

Molde is probably the most spectacular place I've ever been too (better then Tallaght even). And we all have great colours having been out in the only section of the stadium that had he sun glaring in on you for he whole game. Although €8 pints and €25 burgers mean it wouldn't be the sort if place you'd be going to the whole time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Anyone know if Cliftonville brought many over to Celtic?

Disappointing for Sligo not to score over two legs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyPats View Post

Around 1,000 from what i've heard anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Sligo just don't get it how to play against teams in European competition, like trying to show your grandmother how to use a computer.
    Ah here, Norwegian, Slovakian & Ukrainian football is of much higher standard then the league of Ireland. Anyone expecting to beat those clubs aren't really living in reality. The Albanian mob probably were beatable but didn't have the experience. The draw in Poltava was a cracking result for the club and should have held Molde to a draw in The Showgrounds but one mistake resulted in a well taken goal. The standard of football around the league has fallen in the league over the past few years, we can see this from results in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    A lot of people just assume that because they have never previously heard of a club they should be beatable without even looking at the finances involved which cannot be compared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    A lot of people just assume that because they have never previously heard of a club they should be beatable without even looking at the finances involved which cannot be compared.
    That's definitely true. Every team the LOI faced this year (bar Pats) was not only the seeded team, but from a higher ranked country too. Pats was clearly a disappointment.

Really was a bad year draw wise for the LOI. Even Pats got the toughest possible opponent from their 5 team group Next year will see 1/2 teams win and we're back thinking everything is OK.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Apparently the visiting Turkish media were having great craic laughing when they saw the away facilities(or lack thereof) at the Brandywell yesterday. It is staggering just how vastly different the finances/set up of the two teams are. O/T slightly, i've been following a few turkish fans on twitter(nutjobs in the main) but some of their comments on the state of the stadium is embarrassing, they've even compared it to a bloody farm! I'm hoping for a narrow Derry win tonight, but doubt we can make up for the away leg.
    For once maybe someone will call me "sir" without adding "you're making a scene."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horton View Post
    Apparently the visiting Turkish media were having great craic laughing when they saw the away facilities(or lack thereof) at the Brandywell yesterday. It is staggering just how vastly different the finances/set up of the two teams are. O/T slightly, i've been following a few turkish fans on twitter(nutjobs in the main) but some of their comments on the state of the stadium is embarrassing, they've even compared it to a bloody farm! I'm hoping for a narrow Derry win tonight, but doubt we can make up for the away leg.
    It is a different world alright. I heard that the Trabzonspor players weren't overly impressed with the changing room facilities in Tallaght for the called off friendly earlier this year. Can't imagine what they would have thought of United Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dejadem View Post
    It is a different world alright. I heard that the Trabzonspor players weren't overly impressed with the changing room facilities in Tallaght for the called off friendly earlier this year. Can't imagine what they would have thought of United Park.

That's just insane altogether. I've been in the away dressing room in Tallaght, and I can honestly say, it stands right up alongside any I've ever been in, including Anfield.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyPats View Post

Judging by the Pics, They had 2/3 of the away section full.

Id say 2,000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horton View Post
    Apparently the visiting Turkish media were having great craic laughing when they saw the away facilities(or lack thereof) at the Brandywell yesterday. It is staggering just how vastly different the finances/set up of the two teams are. O/T slightly, i've been following a few turkish fans on twitter(nutjobs in the main) but some of their comments on the state of the stadium is embarrassing, they've even compared it to a bloody farm!
    According to Setanta, Trabzonspor initially thought the Brandywell was a training ground with the match to be played up the road in Celtic Park!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Any online streams for this?

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast