Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Must Reach Final And WIN!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Must Reach Final And WIN!!!!!!!!!

Lads enough is enough.im sure from the debate from cop on etc this past week its clear that we must be consistently winning the big trophies and i belive that this is the first real test of the cup campaign. matthews better win either in flancare or ushi*ed park but either way he better win it. I am sick of the attitude of some so called town fans saying that we should be battling to stay up have ambition.whether you can reach it or not you should always aim to be the best and we are two games away from showing that we can compete and thatr we are not making up the numbers.I am tired of the feeling of mediocrity that surrounds the fanbase without ambition we have nothing it was ambition that got us where we are.
    Last edited by Sonic; 30/09/2004 at 7:56 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    of the attitude of some so called town fans saying that we should be battling to stay up have ambition.whether you can reach it or not you should always aim to be the best and we are two games away from showing that we can compete and thatr we are not making up the numbers.I am tired of the feeling of mediocrity that surrounds the fanbase without ambition we have nothing it was ambition that got us where we are.
    You're right about the lack of ambition and the fanbase sonic-mediocrity, but I ll give credit where credit is due and they have done very well so far be it not pretty and Ill have to thereby wait to see what unfolds on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    I believe we can reach the final and win it. I hope so anyway.... Wont be there for the semis (working as usual on the day of a big match....) but wish to pass on the best of luck to the lads, another glory day can be ours in Lansdowne! (and this time ill be there if we make it!!!!)
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

agreed

Hope the lads can do it on Sunday, Im optimistic because I think we have avoided any pressure on us from the "experts", so Hopefully another cup final weekend will be ours and of course back to back cups would be a real achievement and at this stage our chances are as good as anyone.

Just a point on the ambition debate, dont want to start all this again, but to be fair I think the majority of our fans are ambitious, I want us to win the cup I want us to win the league, and I want us to be the first Irish club to reach the group stages o the Champions league. But on the other hand I understand how difficult a task all that will be for our club and I understand WHY we may not achieve it next season. I wont condemn players and management for not pulling off such huge achievements. Most fans i think agree, its not a lack of ambition we have plenty of that, its just an understanding of the difficulties we face in realizing thos ambitions and not losing heart and condemning everyone straight away because we wantto talk like a big club while haveing the budget of a small one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said Albert, some muppets that use this board think we should be winning everything. Ambition,desire & wanting to compete at a higher level got us where we are today. The club,players & fans are all ambitious but also realistic and know that there is a building process at this club and we are only half way through it so everyone show some common sence and be patient. Why not try and support and encourage the Team instead of bitching all the time and maybe that little contribution you make will help the club achive it's goals.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    matthews better win either in flancare or ushi*ed park but either way he better win it. :ball.
    and what do the 11 players on the field do?? infairness a team is a team!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    and what do the 11 players on the field do?? infairness a team is a team!

When the team are winning its simply down to the manager but when the team are losing its simply down to the players. May I now quote Max Power 'Double Standards'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    some muppets that use this board think we should be winning everything
    Stop slagging Max Power!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    When the team are winning its simply down to the manager but when the team are losing its simply down to the players. May I now quote Max Power 'Double Standards'
    The work can be done and the lads might seem prepared but flop.....i really hope they dont but its a possibility! remember the rovers game earlier this season in the league we totally outplayed em and lost 2-0, against athlone a sure bet to win and we drew 2-2 its all about the performance in the 90mins!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?