Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ekoku, Palmer face uncertain future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Ekoku, Palmer face uncertain future

Dublin City’s veteran former international pair Efan Ekoku and Carlton Palmer may have played their final games for the relegation-haunted side, manager Roddy Collins has revealed.

Collins utilized his extensive list of contacts to persuade ex-Nigeria front man Ekoku and former England international Palmer to sign up with the Vikings for the remainder of the eircom League season.

And while they remain registered as Dublin City players, they will only be brought to Ireland in the event of injuries to the remainder of Collins’s squad.

Roddy told the Irish Daily Mirror: “We may use Carlton and Efan again and then again we may not. They are available to us but it depends on the games we have and depends on how we are fixed injury wise.”

Palmer started three times for City, with Ekoku making just two appearances, but neither have appeared in the club’s two most recent outings, a victory over Shamrock Rovers and a defeat to Cork City.

Collins’s side are nine points away from safety with just eight games remaining, and look destined to return to the First Division after just one season in the top flight.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier...p?newsid=13782

No great loss in all fairness, sounds like the club have given up hope of staying innthe premier and are starting to cut costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Collins has made a mockery of the Eircom League by flying in has-beens.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree entirely he shouldnt have been let get away with it because it made a mickery of the league and the club itslef

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is Inexile that pseudo-Frenchman from 'Allo 'Allo?

"You sur have made a mickery of our leg"

Only kiddin. Kind of agree with you actually, but by all accounts Mark Kenny was the only Irish based player we could get. Although that doesn't excuse the transfering of 16 Irish based players in the first place. Sigh.

Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    Is Inexile that pseudo-Frenchman from 'Allo 'Allo?

"You sur have made a mickery of our leg"
    I was joost p1ssing by this throd and thought I'd reply...

Carlton was a decent acquisition on the field, I felt, and marked three Irish international strikers (Crowe, Ward, Foley) out of the game with Bohs. Efan Ekoku was an Efan joke, he was never up to the pace of the league.

Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFan
    He must be some player if he can mark THREE Irish International Strikers out of the game.
    Must be, mustn't he? Because he won every single header and they didn't win any.

Btw, seeming as he is so all round brilliant, er, where is he gone?
    Not much point bringing him over now, is there?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Most misfortunate that he is gone. The possible 1 - 5 - 4 system could have kept DCFC in the Premiership.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ben Whelehan made more of a mockery of Coddy Rollins than Ekoku or Palmer put together could last friday night.Man of the Match in a cup semi-final with Coddy analysing the game,that really stuck 2 fingers up at Coddy.
    The look on his face when he was challenged over Whelehans release was priceless!!!!!!!

thecorner
    i heard gazza might be available again shortly

good chance he will end up at continuity home farm everton dublin sh!tty

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ben Whelahan, what a legend! Kildare County's best ever I reckon, delighted he is making it in the Premier, and also delighted that he gave such a great performance for Roddy during the week!
    county til i die