Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Randolph (G West Ham b.1987)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    My manager used to give out to me for doing what Randolph did for the second goal. It's hard to resist the temptation to go for a ball you know you can get a touch on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately this time he took it off his defender's foot and set up a sitter for Kane. Seemed to do very well otherwise and got close to the penalty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Has made a couple of decent saves at Old Trafford from Rashford and Lingard. Was a bit strange for the goal I think, don't think he could have got to it but seemed to pull his hands away as if he thought it was going wide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Brilliant save to deny Mkhitaryan and another very good one from a Pogba shot. I'd imagine he'll get man of the match if they hang on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Stutts, somewhere in the phantom zone.

Damn you Randooooooooolph...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Praise for Randolph from West Ham's official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/statu...60186839330816

Mirror's MOTM: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...1-west-9348882

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Stutts, somewhere in the phantom zone.

Damn you Randooooooooolph...
    Why do you always single me out when he plays well? Do me a favour. Please summarise my opinion on Randolph. I can do it very simply in two sentences. You should be able to do it too. I won't do it until you reply as I ask.

I'll also challenge you to find anything I have ever said about him that is even slightly unfair, but the first question is more important to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    It was a poor attempt at humor on my part.

No offense intended!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Praise for Randolph from West Ham's official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/statu...60186839330816

Mirror's MOTM: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...1-west-9348882
    Why do you always single me out when he plays well? Do me a favour. Please summarise my opinion on Randolph. I can do it very simply in two sentences. You should be able to do it too. I won't do it until you reply as I ask.

I'll also challenge you to find anything I have ever said about him that is even slightly unfair, but the first question is more important to me.
    24 hours to respond TOWK, or you can have another week off

<EDIT>

It was a poor attempt at humor on my part.

No offense intended!
    posted while I was posting, rule of thumb for posting something funny, if you think it's poor then don't post it
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 27/11/2016 at 10:20 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Very complimentary package on Match of the Day 2 showing his saves today.

West Ham seem to have picked up a bit since he came in. All good news.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    He was the BBC's man of the match too

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38041957

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Great to hear he did so well and got the result as well, which should keep his confidence high. his save against Spurs last week was excellent but it was in vain. Hopefully he can keep this run going and establish himself as a first-choice Premier League 'keeper

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    9/10 rating in The Times

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Great to see him get a chance ahead of Adrian and take it. I said it in here when he signed that he was a better keeper than Adrian and would oust him, and as everybody knows on foot.ie if you say something once and then it happens at any point in the future then you are immediately vindicated forever.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I remember it well Charlie. I feel silly for doubting you when a mere year and a half later Randy has practically flung Ad-ri-an to the scrap heap.

17. Thanks From:

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Great to see him get a chance ahead of Adrian and take it. I said it in here when he signed that he was a better keeper than Adrian and would oust him, and as everybody knows on foot.ie if you say something once and then it happens at any point in the future then you are immediately vindicated forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Adrian can be overcome. I'm always wary about players signing for clubs without managers though.
    Not quite stating that he was a better keeper but that he "can be overcome" and with a proviso that a new manager mightn't like him. There is probably someone on futbot.es as we speak saying "Randolph se puede superar".

p.s. Still would prefer Westwood but great news that Randolph is back playing first team football.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Still would prefer Westwood but great news that Randolph is back playing first team football.
    Me also. It'll be interesting to see how Randolph can do with regular football over an extended period of time, if that turns out to be the case. He was poor for the Totteham equaliser last week and if one was to be ultra critical they could at least question him for the Ibrahimovic goal. Still, the save he made from Mkhitaryan was exceptionally good and possibly a better save than I even thought he was capable of making. The rest of the saves were fairly routine I thought but you'll always get singled out for high praise when you make so many.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Save of the week on football365: http://www.football365.com/news/foot...ds-november-30
    Best save – Darren Randolph (West Ham)
    Look, I’ll level with you. Skysports.com usually create a ‘saves of the week’ compilation for the Premier League, which is very helpful. They didn’t produce it this week. So, if any goalkeeper made a wonderful save in Southampton vs Everton, Hull vs West Brom or Leicester vs Middlesbrough, I’m sorry, I didn’t watch your games. Instead it’s Randolph the red-nosed goalkeeper who wins the gong, for tipping Jesse Lingard’s close-range shot around the post. And I got to make my first crap festive pun.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    The save from Mkhitaryan was immeasurably better than that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Me also. It'll be interesting to see how Randolph can do with regular football over an extended period of time, if that turns out to be the case. He was poor for the Totteham equaliser last week and if one was to be ultra critical they could at least question him for the Ibrahimovic goal. Still, the save he made from Mkhitaryan was exceptionally good and possibly a better save than I even thought he was capable of making. The rest of the saves were fairly routine I thought but you'll always get singled out for high praise when you make so many.
    He played fantastically all round against Spurs, equalising goal notwithstanding, and made 3 or 4 saves that were arguably better than anything he did against United. I did also watch the United game at the time and it was an exceptional goalkeeping and leadership performance beyond the highlight reel - there is no blame that can be apportioned to him for Ibra's goal in my opinion, that was almost exclusively down to the CB - Collins if i remember correctly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I didn't see the Spurs game, just the goals. And you're probably right about Ibra's goal but he seemed to pull his hand back from the ball in one of the replays, although I don't think he had any chance of saving it anyway. The only other argument that could be made would be that he should have anticipated the situation a little better and come to fist, but I do think that would be overly critical, even though the commentators on the link I was watching did ask the question.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast