Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Randolph (G West Ham b.1987)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Darren Randolph (G West Ham b.1987)

Birmingham interested in signing Randolph to replace Butland. Would be a good move in terms of standard and profile for him.
    Doyle is out of contract at the end of the season and really needs to move on to secure regular first team football, as he is a bit like Bunn, who really should left Blackburn long before he did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...k-Butland.html

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Randolph loves a good Bosman. I think there's already a thread for him though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    There is a thread somewhere. Worth a MOD merging if possible.

I heard an interview with McCall last week who was (almost) resigned to losing Randolph in the summer, though interestingly the interviewer nor McCall mentioned any of the possible clubs that were showing interest in him. McCall hadnt written off keeping him completely but saw it as a slim chance.
    Last edited by Junior; 25/04/2013 at 1:43 PM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's obviously been told he'll be #1 judging by his comments. Poor Colin Doyle, he really needs to find a new club this summer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He's obviously been told he'll be #1 judging by his comments. Poor Colin Doyle, he really needs to find a new club this summer.
    Completely agree as I said above. He really, really needs to move to gain first team experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yeah, he's almost 28. He'll pass his peak sitting on the bench before he knows it if he doesn't get out. Randolph, on the other hand, is only 26 and has 4 years of first team experience now.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Randolph badly at fault to let Brum go 2 down at Bolton, and relegated. Beaten by a soft shot at near post. But Zigic has scored 1 back, justifying his 65k a week wages and annual 250k loyalty bonus (true).

We really dont need DR anywhere near our squad Im afraid. He always disappoints when I see him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    2-2 now, Birmingham are staying up unless Doncaster can find an equaliser at Leicester.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Lucky boy!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    He was badly exposed near post definitely, the camera close up on his face after too said it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...-still-7460468

Randolph reiterates USA eligibility.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I could still play for USA. I’ve got both passports and I think it is until you have played a competitive game and I have only played two friendlies – so it could still happen. I don’t even think about it at all.
    Tough to judge too much from the quotes. Either way, this whole "it could happen" lark; He must be forgetting that all he has in front of him with Ireland are Championship level keepers i.e. his own level. There isn't much hope of the man pushing Brad Guzan or Tim Howard out of the frame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Randolph Issues 'Come And Get Me' Plea To Klinsmann

edit: The Beggars have got wind: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/....114802/page-5
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 26/07/2014 at 9:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I wouldn't read into it too much. He just confirms he's still eligible for the US without declaring any firm interest in switching and even speaks of wanting to play for us in the present tense:

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Randolph
    As much as you want to play you don’t want to be playing injured and not doing yourself justice.

The manager has got a job to do and he wants to see players – it’s a no win situation – it’s tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birmingham Mail
    Nobody expected USA to be pushing Belgium into extra-time in the last 16 of the World Cup with fans around the world willing them on, but one Ireland international had a special reason for wanting them to succeed.

Darren Randolph returned home to Bray for a fortnight before starting pre-season training with Birmingham City and the goalkeeper and his American father, former professional basketball player Ed, were glued to the television back in Wicklow.

“That was my team for the World Cup with my dad (being American) and me having the dual citizenship,” explained Randolph.

“Obviously USA came first for me and after that I didn’t really care. They did really well and surprised a lot of people.”
    First, there was Jack Grealish supporting England during the World Cup. Then, Liam Bossin revealed his support for Belgium. Now, we have Ireland-born Randolph admitting to having supported the US just because he happens to be related by birth to man who just so happened to be born within the borders of the US! You must be seething at this display of infidelity to the nation, TOWK?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    More than anything, it was Jack's comments about supporting England and not Ireland at Euro 2012 that didn't sit right with me. I believe he said something patronising and transparent to the effect that he supports England senior team and Ireland youth teams?! Whatever his opinion - he's entitled to it - he should refrain from saying such daft things in a public forum. I'm also skeptical about some of his brother's posts on VillaTalk - such as referring to Ireland as his "International club" among other things. I just don't get the impression that the lad is all in with Ireland. If he has an attachment to the country that is strong enough that he wants to play for us - and he knows he is wanted here - then he would have declared already imo. The fact that he hasn't asserted where his long-term future lies imo is, frankly, because he wants to see if he can make the grade in the PL or Championship and attract concrete interest from the England seniors or England U-21 set up.

Coincidentally, I just seen this this morning. http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30462280.html

I would be astonished if Patrick Bamford or Harry Kane declared at this juncture. Redmond is no better than McGeady, McClean, Brady, Pilkington and Quinn. McGoldrick is a good bit older, lower profile and has already asserted that he wants to play for Ireland so I'm not sure why the article implies we are awaiting an answer from him.

I will never understand why people seem to want England's scraps. Fair enough about the early to mid-90's but it was a different time and we didn't have the depth of home grown players that we do now. The England national team is as poor as it's been in a long time. If a player is not on their radar, I don't know how they are supposed to make a dent in our fortunes but the more, the merrier I suppose?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I will never understand why people seem to want England's scraps. Fair enough about the early to mid-90's but it was a different time and we didn't have the depth of home grown players that we do now. The England national team is as poor as it's been in a long time. If a player is not on their radar, I don't know how they are supposed to make a dent in our fortunes but the more, the merrier I suppose?
    I think the answer's in the article: it worked before, so people think it will work again without acknowledging that vastly different circumstances. I even read an article recently that put our recent lack of success down to the FAI's refusal to invoke the granny rule, as if we ever stopped. It does come across as achingly desperate. If they're going to try and bring in granny rule players, I'd rather they conducted the business in private.

18. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    There was even a piece on thescore.ie by a Cork academic saying our reduced use of the granny rule fits perfectly with our decline down the rankings.

I think the 90s was an anomaly. We're not likely to have an Aldridge or Townsend again, players who were of genuine international quality but who had slipped both through England's net and our own underage net. I'd love a Seamus McDonough to pop up, but it ain't likely.

There are lots of non-Irish born players in all our squads. The granny rule is still being used, there just aren't that many good enough players who'd make a difference and who'd care enough to play for us.

Randolph would be no loss in my opinion. I don't rate him at all. He'd be deluded to think he'd make an impact in the US set up though.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I agree with the second half of TOWK's post. The first part I think is a bit speculative still, though probably not far off the reality, but at least it's only TOWK calling it as he sees it rather than claiming its a disgrace, or whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    More than anything, it was Jack's comments about supporting England and not Ireland at Euro 2012 that didn't sit right with me. I believe he said something patronising and transparent to the effect that he supports England senior team and Ireland youth teams?! Whatever his opinion - he's entitled to it - he should refrain from saying such daft things in a public forum. I'm also skeptical about some of his brother's posts on VillaTalk - such as referring to Ireland as his "International club" among other things. I just don't get the impression that the lad is all in with Ireland. If he has an attachment to the country that is strong enough that he wants to play for us - and he knows he is wanted here - then he would have declared already imo. The fact that he hasn't asserted where his long-term future lies imo is, frankly, because he wants to see if he can make the grade in the PL or Championship and attract concrete interest from the England seniors or England U-21 set up.
    I've responded to this here in the Jack Grealish thread.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast