Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Series 9/7 LOI Premier & 1st division fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Great win and a decent performance. Those who cannot be named were a bit unfortunate to lose by 4 but we were the better side. A huge improvement on Tuesday night. Bring on Shels. Nice to be in the top half

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    We were excellent in the first half and not great in the second. Only for some top class saves from Barry Ryan, bray could have had 3 or 4 goals, but I suppose that's what he is there for. Two more cracking frees from Tracey and Axel is causing real problems with his pace.

Bray aren't actually terrible. They are awful at the back but not that bad in the rest of the field. I can see them picking up a few more points and being safe.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Almost exactly like the League Cup game there last year. Hut them for three goals in quick succession, then were happy enough to ease off the gas and let them back into it. Really should have been a closer scoreline, but Ryan was superb.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Very frustrating watching my side at the moment, we are creating chances, plenty of chances but the finishing is very poor. Jayo alone should have had at least a hat trick and there a few others that missed really good chances. If Jayo had of taken his chance inside the 1st 30 seconds it might have been a closer game but in saying that we were poor, very poor for the majority of the game, some of our players just aren't up to Premier level, don't think they are up to 1st division standard either being honest.

Barry Ryan was absolutely brilliant, pulled off a few top drawer saves to keep us at bay. Tracey's free kick was world class, no keeper could have stopped it.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The team defeated by Limerick are one of the worst sides i have ever seen.
    Lets talk about six baby

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    The team defeated by Limerick are one of the worst sides i have ever seen.
    You`re talking about Bohs ,right?
    I reckon you could re-post this after you play Shels next week.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You`re talking about Bohs ,right?
    I reckon you could re-post this after you play Shels next week.
    No the team that can't be mentioned.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Wait til Bray play us. We'll storm into a 1-nil lead and then frantically hold out until Jason Byrne farts the ball into the net in the 99th minute.

9. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Very frustrating watching my side at the moment, we are creating chances, plenty of chances but the finishing is very poor. Jayo alone should have had at least a hat trick and there a few others that missed really good chances. If Jayo had of taken his chance inside the 1st 30 seconds it might have been a closer game but in saying that we were poor, very poor for the majority of the game, some of our players just aren't up to Premier level, don't think they are up to 1st division standard either being honest.

Barry Ryan was absolutely brilliant, pulled off a few top drawer saves to keep us at bay. Tracey's free kick was world class, no keeper could have stopped it.
    Whereas Bohs are the opposite. Bohs cannot create anything at the moment and that is why I worry about them for the season. Bray have Byrne so chances are he can always convert something out of nothing. Shels have some streetwise diggers in their side for a relegation battle and will improve. UCD were unlucky to lose to us earlier in the season and seem to be scoring a few. I seriously think Bohs are going to be in almighty fight to avoid going down this season. All Bohs' points have come against teams that finished with 10 men. And we now have lost 3 in a row at home - conceding 9 and scoring 0. Lost 4 in a row if you include Limerick away last Tuedsay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    Whereas Bohs are the opposite. Bohs cannot create anything at the moment and that is why I worry about them for the season. Bray have Byrne so chances are he can always convert something out of nothing. Shels have some streetwise diggers in their side for a relegation battle and will improve. UCD were unlucky to lose to us earlier in the season and seem to be scoring a few. I seriously think Bohs are going to be in almighty fight to avoid going down this season. All Bohs' points have come against teams that finished with 10 men. And we now have lost 3 in a row at home - conceding 9 and scoring 0. Lost 4 in a row if you include Limerick away last Tuedsay.
    It's going to0 be a proper slug fest between the bottom 4 the whole season, very little between the sides and i really couldn't make a call on who'll finish bottom and in the play off spot.

We lost 4-0 yesterday but we had enough chances, really good chances to make a game of it even though we were absolutely shocking at the back. Byrne hit the woodwork twice and had other great chances missed and saved but i do worry for us going forward the way the defence is. Dempsey is a shadow of the player he was as well. Bohs v Bray next Friday is going to be massive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Why was this game moved from Friday to Sunday ?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I honestly don't think Bray were totally awful. They really struggled at the back but other than that are not a bad team at all. If they can sort out the back 4 then they will do ok. They looked much better than UCD and close enough to Bohs, probably more potent in attack than Bohs actually despite no goal scored. The scoreline yesterday could easily have read 3-4 or 4-4. I am yet to see Shels play in person but going by what I have seen Bohs and Bray will pick up more points against UCD and Shels than the other way around and that will be enough to stay up.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Why was this game moved from Friday to Sunday ?
    Limerick played on Tuesday and wanted a longer turnaround, I assume. They seem to be trying to get Sunday matches.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Limerick played on Tuesday and wanted a longer turnaround, I assume. They seem to be trying to get Sunday matches.
    Bray must have accomodated them so for this one so, teams have often played on Tuesday and then Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    We played a lot better yesterday than on Tuesday.

Bohs looked much more solid at the back whereas the other crowd had a far bigger threat up front. It wasn't a 4-0 game either although maybe 6-4 would have been fairer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    So did Bohs in the same game, and they never asked us to switch from Friday to Sunday. Just seemed a strange one for me.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well looking at their fixture list, Limerick haven't had a Friday game at home all season, and the next one is scheduled for this Saturday as well so I guess they're aiming to get all their home games on the weekend proper. I'm guessing that's based on sound financial assumptions that you'll get more people in the gates outside of schooldays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Bray must have accomodated them so for this one so, teams have often played on Tuesday and then Friday.

Nah as far as i know and was told we changed it to Sunday to see what type of crowd we would get... More Limerick fans turned up than would have on a normal Friday night but less home fans turned up (if that's possible !)

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Not sure how you can say "more" Limerick fans turned up as you haven't played them in the League in 20 years so you've nothing to compare it too.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Not sure how you can say "more" Limerick fans turned up as you haven't played them in the League in 20 years so you've nothing to compare it too.
    its probably working off a pretty fair assumption that more people would be inclined to travel up from and back to Limerick on a Sunday than after work on a Friday.

(notwithstanding that most Limerick folks are unemployed scroungers).

25. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast