Thread: iPads and stuff

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts

iPads and stuff

Anyone know anything about iPads?

I have an iPad 2 which originally ran off a version of iOS 4.

I then went out and bought a Sonos remote music speaker system. Basically my iPad is the control panel and I sync the speakers with my iPad.

So far so good. I was very pleased to get that far successfully. When I went to use it though, it started to go downhill. Apparently Sonos requires iOS 6. So, I then uploaded iOS 6 which wiped all my existing appsa but that's OK. I just re-downloaded most of them. However, I then tried to sync my iPad with iTunes and lo and behold I don't have enough memory so only a fraction of my library came over to my iPad.

Is my only option now to buy a new iPad with sufficient memory, or is there some sort of cloud solution? I'm guessing I can access iTunes via iCloud and then direct music wirelessly to my Sonos system but quite frankly I haven't a rashers and I'm a complete tech ignoramus.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    iTunes Match is what you're after :

http://www.apple.com/ie/itunes/itunes-match/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Brilliant, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Anyone know anything about iPads?

I have an iPad 2 which originally ran off a version of iOS 4.

I then went out and bought a Sonos remote music speaker system. Basically my iPad is the control panel and I sync the speakers with my iPad.

So far so good. I was very pleased to get that far successfully. When I went to use it though, it started to go downhill. Apparently Sonos requires iOS 6. So, I then uploaded iOS 6 which wiped all my existing appsa but that's OK. I just re-downloaded most of them. However, I then tried to sync my iPad with iTunes and lo and behold I don't have enough memory so only a fraction of my library came over to my iPad.

Is my only option now to buy a new iPad with sufficient memory, or is there some sort of cloud solution? I'm guessing I can access iTunes via iCloud and then direct music wirelessly to my Sonos system but quite frankly I haven't a rashers and I'm a complete tech ignoramus.
    Is it ok that I didn't understand a jot of that? No criticism of you Stuttgart. Just I have reached an age of no return when it comes to tech stuff and there's no point in me trying to either.

I bought a Blackberry Playbook recently for under a £100. Really really impressed with it for the limited use I have for it.
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen