Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 8/6 - 12/13 April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Yeah, but,hold on a minuite SwansVDalton.The 1st pen was a simple tap on the back on Rafter by Rossiter.It was NEVER a pen but it was a game changer.I didn't see the 2nd pen decision but to be fair those around said it was a pen.

For the sending off-it wasn't a sending off,simple as that.The ref was abysmal for both sides,ruined a fairly clean game with his constant whistling for fairly innocuous tackles and also managed to hand out 7 cards to.

On the balance,Derry deserved the win albeit with a little help from an appalling set off officials led by the commander- in -chief- Mr. Neil Doyle.

/Rant/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    7 yellow card and one red for a pretty clean game. Neil Doyle has to be the worst ref ever

Derry probably shaded it in the 2nd half but in no way are they 2 goals better than us.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    7 yellow card and one red for a pretty clean game. Neil Doyle has to be the worst ref ever

Derry probably shaded it in the 2nd half but in no way are they 2 goals better than us.
    We wern't four goals better than Shels and Bohs either, but we're continuing to be clinical - even if the ref and your defence gave us a hand. Fancied us to get more if 11 players stayed on the pitch.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    We wern't four goals better than Shels and Bohs either, but we're continuing to be clinical - even if the ref and your defence gave us a hand. Fancied us to get more if 11 players stayed on the pitch.
    Yous were better by four v Bohs.No Doubt.Dont know about Shellers? Even when S McEleney was sent off ye still had 11 on the pich 'cos Doyle- the ref was still there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Personally thought four against Bohs was a bit flattering. We didn't turn up for the first 40 minutes against Shels, and they missed a couple of sitters.

11v11 better than 12v11 surely?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Kenny tonight in DundakFC matchday programme

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Somebody's a fan of Ken Early's new column in the Times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markc1184 View Post
    Is Rodgers always as whistle and card happy as he was tonight? 3 very soft yellows given within the first 10 minutes. Didn't look like it was going to happen for Drogs tonight, but Fabio changed it when he came on. I've no idea what Sava thought he was doing when he raced out of his box and made a mess of things which led to the corner for Shels goal. Don't think anyone would have had any complaints had Hughes gone down and probably would have been a red for Sava.
    Yes, Rob Rogers generally gives a lot of bookings. He's a young ref just getting Prem experience and you often find younger refs give out early bookings to lay down their authority in the match. Alan Kelly used to be similar but has now gained the respect of all the players so doesn't need to do that anymore.

As for the match itself I was thinking exactly the same when Sava charged out but it was good to see Hughes backing himself to take it past him and score instead of going down.

Overall Shels deserved a point, Drogs actually shaded the first half and were unlucky not to have scored themselves, hitting the post and a couple of cross-shots just needing a touch to turn it in. Then they got stung by the goal right on HT.
    Shels started the 2nd half much better and it looked like they'd get a second rather than Drogs equalising. However once it went 1-1 Shels totally fell apart. Maybe there's a lack of confidence...

Overall it was entertaining but neither team look that great. I'd say Drogs will finish at best 5th.

Btw who was the right winger with yellow boots? Gavin Brennan was it? He was my MotM
    Last edited by JC_GUFC; 13/04/2013 at 7:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    On the balance,Derry deserved the win albeit with a little help from an appalling set off officials led by the commander- in -chief- Mr. Neil Doyle.
    Unfortunately, we don't know who the best team were last night as the ref ruined the game. Giving away penalties and sending off a player influences the game too much.

11. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Yes, Rob Rogers generally gives a lot of bookings. He's a young ref just getting Prem experience and you often find younger refs give out early bookings to lay down their authority in the match. Alan Kelly used to be similar but has now gained the respect of all the players so doesn't need to do that anymore.

As for the match itself I was thinking exactly the same when Sava charged out but it was good to see Hughes backing himself to take it past him and score instead of going down.

Overall Shels deserved a point, Drogs actually shaded the first half and were unlucky not to have scored themselves, hitting the post and a couple of cross-shots just needing a touch to turn it in. Then they got stung by the goal right on HT.
    Shels started the 2nd half much better and it looked like they'd get a second rather than Drogs equalising. However once it went 1-1 Shels totally fell apart. Maybe there's a lack of confidence...

Overall it was entertaining but neither team look that great. I'd say Drogs will finish at best 5th.

Btw who was the right winger with yellow boots? Gavin Brennan was it? He was my MotM
    Gav would have been the left winger, also my MOTM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Solid performance from Athlone. Deserved the win. Harps were poor attacking. Expected alot more from them
    Hope we were watching the same game..disgraceful performance from Harps. Shocking game of football. I'd imagine it was absolutely horrid for any neutral there.
    Athlone were terrible too I thought, but just slightly better than Harps, even though we actually had the better of the chances if it weren't for Kevin McHughs worst performance in years.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Pretty awful from Pats last night against the worst team in the league with only 10 men for the whole second half but always good to win in Belfield
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Hope we were watching the same game..disgraceful performance from Harps. Shocking game of football. I'd imagine it was absolutely horrid for any neutral there.
    Athlone were terrible too I thought, but just slightly better than Harps, even though we actually had the better of the chances if it weren't for Kevin McHughs worst performance in years.
    Wouldnt say we were terrible now.. Had much more of the play in 2nd half and played the ball around nicely at times. Sounds like sour grapes to me

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That was a very strong gust of wind to knock a big man like Evan McMillan over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    If anybody ever doubted how much we miss Joey Ndo that was the evidence there.
    Thought we were rancid tbh.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    thought the first 25mins were promising enough for us passing around well and not sitting back which i thought we might of for awhile.. for all our good play we just didnt really trouble the sligo goal.. kalen spillane at fault for both goals not clearing it properly for the first and the penalty was a joke like absolutely no need to touch mcmillan no danger whatsoever.. thought mcnulty was brilliant today made some brilliant saves.. what we are lacking is a goal scorer and it showed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    We were cat alright.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Pretty awful from Pats last night against the worst team in the league with only 10 men for the whole second half but always good to win in Belfield
    I dunno if I agree with all of that. Shels are fairly bad too.

Otherwise, though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Yes, Rob Rogers generally gives a lot of bookings. He's a young ref just getting Prem experience and you often find younger refs give out early bookings to lay down their authority in the match.

Young? clearly overweight and unfit and sits on the fence on any big matters. Himself and Butters have been the worst I've seen so far this year.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    3-3 so far between cobh and mervue.. thats 18 goals in three games at st colmans park so far

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast