Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wexford away

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

Wexford away

This is a huge game for us after last weeks disappointment and one we need to be winning if we are to be considered favorites in any kind for promotion. Wexford are a very physical and fit side and I'd be very concerned if we play that rugby style we did last weekend that we will be beaten to every ball.

Hopefully there will be a good atmosphere and for anyone that hasnt heard the SC are running a subsidised bus which will cost 10 euro, brilliant value and a great gesture from the SC as I feel our support has been fantastic so far this season so lets keep it up Friday night.

Prediction 0-0
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Ha such an upbeat message and then a 0-0 prediction at the end!

Wont make it with work but hopefully we get 3 points!

How are we looking with injuries?Did I see Quinn is back?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    yep Keith Quinn was on the bench last weekend and should be in the running. I believe Havo and Des Hope are well on the way back and may make the squad too so it is onwards and upwards
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    hope we get 3 points, great to hear that the lads are almost fit to play, would be a great boost to the side! just hope we play ball, last two game we havent played great
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    yep Keith Quinn was on the bench last weekend and should be in the running. I believe Havo and Des Hope are well on the way back and may make the squad too so it is onwards and upwards
    Give Hope 3 or 4 weeks I'd imagine!

https://twitter.com/dessiehope/statu...40228990226434

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Making the trip down myself. Reading the preview on extratime we have a fully fit squad. That new physio we have must be working miracles if Hope, Lee, Haverty and Treacy are all fit!! Somehow I doubt it though!!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Was just listening to TC on the radio Quinn, Haverty and Isciheli are the only ones nearing a return tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Was just listening to TC on the radio Quinn, Haverty and Isciheli are the only ones nearing a return tonight
    not so bad, could really do with them, what was it shannoside ???

10. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Fantastic win in the circumstances, shows a lot of character. What a masterstroke the O'Sullivan signing has been. Hope we can hang on to him.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    O'Sullivan is a machine!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Harps losing makes it all the better. All hail O' Sullivan!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Just back from Wexford. Great performance in second half, every player fought so hard and what a goal by O'Sullivan. Marked by 3 men he took them on and beat them with serious pace and slid the ball by the keeper into the corner. Was very unlucky in not getting a second when clipping the post. On Gillespie's sending off he was tackled hard by a Wexford player which should of being a free in but wasn't given and apparently Gillespie lashed out. The officials were absolutely diabolical, gave nothing to the Town whatsoever. The Lino on our side failed to see 2 clear offsides and another one with a Wexford player coming back from offside to flick a ball on past the Town back four!! Now maybe I was influenced from what i heard the announcer at the game saying one Lino and fourth official were from WEXFORD!! Anyone at the game hear that as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    A Wexford fan told a few of us at HT that the lino on the dugouts side of the pitch played for Wexford in their first season in the league, and his missus plays for their womens team. If that's the case then it's hardly surprising we got nothing off him, some seriously dodgy offside calls in their favour in the first half. We should/could have been 3-0 down at HT, we were all over the shop. Came out in the second half and we were immense. Set up perfectly with 10 men and Wexford hadn't a clue on how to break us down, they had no ideas at all. With Nkololo, Shaw and O'Sullivan breaking when we got the ball I always felt we had a chance. O'Sullivan's goal was just different class, received a throw 30 or so yards out on the left wing, turned and eyed up the two Wexford centre halves, knocked it in between them and skint them for pace before slotting it in the corner. He could have had a hattrick in the end, with hitting the post a few minutes later and the shot that just went wide after him dispossessing their defender on the wing. He's been an unbelievable signing for us and hopefully we can keep him in one piece for the season. Nkololo had one cleared off the line too, so we were a bit unlucky not to score a few more in the end.

On Gillespie, I didn't actually see the incident myself as I was following the ball, but I'm not surprised he's got a red card. He's constantly acting the big man, reacting stupidly to anyone that dares challenge him and talking way too much to the officials. The red card has been coming for weeks now. At least he'll probably be suspended for 3 games now to hopefully wake him up and get his act together.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    We'll have a midfield for 3 games so, good stuff.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    We'll have a midfield for 3 games so, good stuff.

yeah, his performences the last while havent being great, samo seems to be carrying him , wonder who tc will stick beside samo now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Its hard to know but I wouldnt be surprised if Keith Quinn got the nod as I dont like David O'Neill at all. I echo all that was said at the match we were immense in the second half after being lucky in the first half. Sullys commitment is top drawer in the second half he did superb to keep ball in play near where we were he skinned past a few youths plyrs and hit just wide. I cant see Gillespie gettin his first team place back. A few of our fans said to me that Gillepsie was unlucky to be sent off -dont know if I would agree with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Great result, and a huge lift for the club after a difficult fortnight.
    First half we were very poor, overran in the middle, tried to play a high line and we were caught badly for pace. Gillespie non existent bar one ball with the outside of his foot. We should have been at least 2 down by half time. The sending off may have been a blessing in disguise. We regrouped after half time, looked more solid with two banks of 4 and Nkolo and Sully providing the outball. Sully's goal was a peach and was unlucky with two other chances he hit the post and put narrowly wide. My man of the match for his second half performance was Willo, he blocked and got his head to everything. Bennion also made a fantastic save near the end. Great heart and performance from the players, and it really meant something to them at the final whistle. Onwards and Upwards.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Also forgot to say it meant so far much to Tony Cousins after the final whistle! I have never seen him show his emotions after the final whistle until last night!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I can't get over how good Sullivan has been. His effort in all the games I've seen has been second to none. The club should do all in their power to keep him. We need to keep players like him.

I'm very disappointed with Gillespie. Since he came, his commitment wasn't in question. But this season something has changed. I always liked that he was up for a row. He hasn't been at the races at all. Hopefully he will sort himself out and cop on.
    Sporting F*ck All!

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    maybe the worst thing for gillespie was gettin in the 1st div team of the yr. he has done nothin since then except get booked or get sent off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast