Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Bamford (F Leeds b.1993)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He seems to be very much an impact player, an eye for goal and massive confidence. He can be a bit of a passenger over ninety minutes. After a bright start, he lost his place at Derby last season, not really a good sign for a guy with ambitions of making it for Chelsea and England. People often say things like he's only 21, etc but most guys that make it have shown more by that age. My last sentence was very much off the cuff and could be brutally exposed to a basic level of scrutiny.
    I see what you're doing. Writing him off to mask the disappointment. I like it.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Oh God, why did he have to say we will see what happens?!
    Boovidge could do the decent thing and edit the post and delete the link as well.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Put Middlesborough 1-0 up away to Man City.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Boro are dicking around Man City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Patrick Bamford: I won’t rule out playing for Ireland

Highly-rated Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford - who was this week named as the Championship's player of the year on the back of his form on loan to Middlesbrough - says he could still declare for Ireland.

While the FAI and English FA are involved in a tug-of-war to secure the international future of Aston Villa youngster Jack Grealish, there is also a potential battle between England and Ireland over star forward Bamford.

Capped once at youth level by the Republic in 2010, Bamford has since appeared at U21 level for England but he has not closed the door on an Ireland career.

"My mum's side is Irish and my dad's side is English so it was a tough decision for me. Being English, it was always my dream to play for England, but I am not going to rule out either option," he told Talksport today.

Bamford is currently on loan with Middlesbrough and his 17 goals earned him the Championship Player of the Year award and he is determined to get back playing football with Premier League champions-elect Chelsea.

“Ever since I signed for Chelsea, It has been my dream [to pull on the Blue shirt],” added the former Nottingham Forest youngster, who cost the London club £1.5million in 2012,” he added.

“But it is a bridge I will cross when I go back to Chelsea in the summer. Depending on what happens at ‘Boro, it will be a discussion we have when the season is done and dusted.

“Jose has got to do his job with regards to winning the Premier League [before we talk].”

Interview here- (Ireland bit is at 3:45, it's actually in response to being ask his opinion on advice he would give to Jack Grealish)
    Last edited by DeLorean; 21/04/2015 at 5:28 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    They're all coming out of the woodwork now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He was very keen to point out that he's not ruling out either option, despite not even being asked! I think it was Stutts that said he seems like a bright chap, he definitely does. I suspect he'll wait and see if he gets a chance to impress with Chelsea, which would naturally lead to England recognition. Let's hope Jose sends him down to the Championship again and we'll swoop while he's feeling rejected and vulnerable, and tie his sorry ass against Gibraltar. Gibraltar does count, right?
    Last edited by DeLorean; 21/04/2015 at 5:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Gibraltar does count, right?
    Hehe, I'd have to assume so; even though Gibraltar aren't FIFA-recognised, the UEFA qualifier games are still part of "official competition at 'A' international level".

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Personally, I'd like to see what he's like at Premiership level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah but the better he performs the more sure it is he'll play or hold out for England. That might be debatable in Grealish's case, but it's concrete in this case. From an Ireland point of view we'd be better off he didn't set the world alight just yet, as needy and desperate as it sounds.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 24/04/2015 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Grant Holt, Rickie Lambert & Kevin Davies were capped in their thirties. Danny Ings & Charlie Austin rose from obscurity to be talked about as a future England International in their mid-twenties.

There is no way Bamford is going to play for Ireland in the next 5 or 6 years, unless he drops to League One level. He would be stupid to.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Grant Holt, Rickie Lambert & Kevin Davies were capped in their thirties. Danny Ings & Charlie Austin rose from obscurity to be talked about as a future England International in their mid-twenties.

There is no way Bamford is going to play for Ireland in the next 5 or 6 years, unless he drops to League One level. He would be stupid to.
    Did Grant Holt get capped? Didn't think so...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    And you would be right. I was wrong about Holt. Could have sworn he played for England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts

If he drops to League One level, he's unlikely to get called up anyway
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Danny Ings & Charlie Austin rose from obscurity to be talked about as a future England International in their mid-twenties.
    Do you mean current England U-21 striker and teammate of Patrick Bamford, Daniel William John Ings? Someone should tell UEFA his age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I keep hearing Ings' age but I can never process it for some reason. This must be the hundredth time I've heard he's 22 and months later I will be going he's 25.. 26.. he's a late bloomer.

I think it's because he looks so mature for his age. He could easily pass for at least 26 or 27.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I keep hearing Ings' age but I can never process it for some reason. This must be the hundredth time I've heard he's 22 and months later I will be going he's 25.. 26.. he's a late bloomer.

I think it's because he looks so mature for his age. He could easily pass for at least 26 or 27.
    Don't ever become a bouncer

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    I wonder what 4 strikers England will be taking to the U21 tournament with Kane, Ings, Berahino, Bamford, Wilson, Wickham and Afobe all available. Even Cauley Woodrew has more games & more goals at U21 level than Bamford. Is Bamford nailed on to go?? Kane, Ings and Berahino are certs. That leaves the rest. Will Sterling be included too? The reason I say this is because if Bamford is not taken then that would be time to pounce for him and possibly Wilson too depending on who is excluded. At Senior Level - Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Walcott, Sterling, Kane, Berahino, Ings, possibly Carroll (when fit), Rodriguez (when fit) and Austin all ahead of him as it is and all are relatively young. If, buts and maybes....
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 24/04/2015 at 3:48 PM.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Food for thought.

Shane Long is six years older than Danny Ings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    And Ronald Koeman doesn't pick either of them.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast