Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Bamford (F Leeds b.1993)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Put us off again until at least September.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-37914216.html
    Crikey, Patrick, strike while the iron is hot. By September we may not need you - right now we're missing Obafemi, Robinson and Keane through injury, probably Curtis also. McGoldrick and Maguire have yet to score for us but two games against Gibraltar might set them on their way. Collins will likely be playing in the Championship by September (maybe with a couple of international goals of his own under his belt). Hogan might find his form again. And one or more of Connolly, Parrott, Afolabi or Idah might break through by then

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    That should be the end of any discussion about him in an Irish shirt. Obviously has no interest and we should move on

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Assume this does not prevent him from submitting the paperwork?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Scott Hogan did something similar, except delayed it over a far longer period.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    Assume this does not prevent him from submitting the paperwork?
    Thats the point he is not going to submitt it, he isn't interested and neither should we

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Think we need to trust Mick on this, The Bamford saga has been going on for a long,long time now, Previous management regimes have spoken about the player and left it at that, Mick has spoken To the player and more importantly has been upfront with the Supporters about exactly where the matter rests, The Championship Season will be over in a couple of months, and we can expect Mick to clarify the situation then, Come September Patrick Bamford will either be on board or he will not. Mick McCarthy is no mug and will call this out the moment he sniffs any insincerity or dishonesty on the part of the player. Bamford has had a horrendous time with injuries and Mick is being understanding for the moment. This understanding wont last past September- of that Patrick Bamford can be in no doubt.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph 1 View Post
    Think we need to trust Mick on this, The Bamford saga has been going on for a long,long time now, Previous management regimes have spoken about the player and left it at that, Mick has spoken To the player and more importantly has been upfront with the Supporters about exactly where the matter rests, The Championship Season will be over in a couple of months, and we can expect Mick to clarify the situation then, Come September Patrick Bamford will either be on board or he will not. Mick McCarthy is no mug and will call this out the moment he sniffs any insincerity or dishonesty on the part of the player. Bamford has had a horrendous time with injuries and Mick is being understanding for the moment. This understanding wont last past September- of that Patrick Bamford can be in no doubt.
    I think he would send in his forms to fifa now if he was serious

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Concentrating on his club until end of season is fine.... but his club doesnt play in June and getting the paperwork sorted now if he was really interested would not distract him.

This guy is 25 years old, he should know at this point what he wants to do. My guess would be that he is waiting until end of season to see if Leeds get promoted. If he is scoring goals in the Premiership next season he is probably looking at Callum Wilson getting England call up and thinking he can do the same.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    That should be the end of any discussion about him in an Irish shirt. Obviously has no interest and we should move on
    I'd agree, just move on and leave him be.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    We have to be firmer in these cases. More time? Sorry, not possible: you've had eight years as a pro to make up your mind. Have the paperwork done by such and such a date for the call-up. Otherwise, bye-bye.

And in this case, bye-bye.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Yeah cut him loose and let him roll the dice with England.Didnt do Noble,Nolan and O’Hara any good.Poor oul Mick is getting ghosted by this kid,I wish the FAI would just grow a set and let him publicly declare that Bamford can shove it.
    This kind of desperation on our part has to be demoralizing for the squad it really should be one of the greatest moments of a players life to be capped at senior level by their country,if it isn’t,then that’ll be because....it’s not their country.
    Le monde est a nous

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about Bamford, he told Mick he would join up with the squad after the end of Leeds season.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    If he's putting the paperwork through but doesn't want to be picked until September, that would be acceptable (though not ideal). But if he isn't planning to even decide until then, then it's too late - by the time he's pickable it will be early 2020 and, if we qualify, I don't think he should go into the squad for the finals ahead of those who got us there. And by the time the Qatar 2022 qualifiers start, then there's a greater chance he won't be needed, with another season for those in the squad to get more established, and for a couple more youngsters to break through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Two great goals from him tonight against Preston especially the first one. Hopefully, he does decide to play for us.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Two great goals from him tonight against Preston especially the first one. Hopefully, he does decide to play for us.
    Haven't seen this game if you had to choose would it be bamford or Maguire up front?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Haven't seen this game if you had to choose would it be bamford or Maguire up front?
    Bamford all day long
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Unfortunately he is a tyre kicker, who has been blowing smoke up our ass for 3 years

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    He looked unplayable tonight. Ran Preston ragged.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Happy for him to come aboard if he is willing. Unless he is injured and the injury is confirmed by his club if he doesn’t show up in June than we should be done perusing him. Yes he is a good striker and yes he would have a good chance of starting for us but he is definitely not a good enough player for us to sell our soul chasing after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    Happy for him to come aboard if he is willing. Unless he is injured and the injury is confirmed by his club if he doesn’t show up in June than we should be done perusing him. Yes he is a good striker and yes he would have a good chance of starting for us but he is definitely not a good enough player for us to sell our soul chasing after.
    As per MickMc back in March, September is the earliest that he will possibly join up with the squad. I am happy to give him until then and if he delays the good luck to him. Have always said, he would a super addition for us, would give us exactly what we need up front - a touch of class, good technique and a savvy finisher but if not on board in September then he can do one.

23. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast