Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Bamford (F Leeds b.1993)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    3 in 3 in the EPL for Bamford. Is he an option for Ireland or not? Are we still waiting for him to make a decision one way or the other?
    This calls for the expertise of geysir and Charlie Darwin to decipher and dissect his message(s)
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    3 in 3 in the EPL for Bamford. Is he an option for Ireland or not? Are we still waiting for him to make a decision one way or the other?
    Interesting question - we were primarily talking about him switching before the Ryan Johansson issue arose - even if he declares, we've got to hope that he had an Irish Passport while playing for England underage

Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    Nah. He's not that great, Bielsa is getting the absolute maximum out of him at the moment. He clearly doesn't want to play for us and will have delusions of an England call-up now.

We should move on and forget him.
    OK, he is clearly a high quality forward and if he had done this three years ago and signaled intent to play for us we'd have jumped at the chance. But since then Robinson and Hogan switched, McGoldrick had his late-career renaissance and Obafemi, Connolly, Idah and Parrott have all broken through with Afolabi, Odubeko, Cassidy, Kayode and Scully in the popeline. So now the prospect of Bamford switching would probably lead to a much more muted reaction, although I guess he would still be a useful short-term option if this form continues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Agree with CP that he'll have notions of an England call up now. He's kept his options open this long, he's not likely to stop dreaming now that he's actually scoring goals in the PL. Maybe we could lure him in with a place in our Euro squad, should we qualify, but that wouldn't go down too well!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    He is not Irish, hes a prat. No thanks.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    He may be on a good run now but how long will it last? Generally his finishing is woefully inconsistent. He's had ample time to declare for us in the past and hasn't so I think we should focus on the lads who do want to play for us.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Hes 27, hes now moved into the Jamie O'Hara level of nonsense that we are still talking about him. Hes had more than enough chances to declare. I dont care if he scores 20 goals this year, hes not Irish.

7. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    He may be on a good run now but how long will it last? Generally his finishing is woefully inconsistent. He's had ample time to declare for us in the past and hasn't so I think we should focus on the lads who do want to play for us.
    Scott Hogan is a better forward, but didnt have Marcelo a chief. Anyway i would call him, put the ball on his side.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    If I was Kenny, I’d probably make a call and ask him if he’d like to declare. Few minute conversation. Simple yes or no. And if it’s a no, then move on...

I understand how fans feel, but if you’re Kenny, you’d feel as though Martin O’Neill might not have been the best person to initiate those conversations...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I gave him until September 2019 to make a decision and that was stupid. Screw him.

11. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    This calls for the expertise of geysir and Charlie Darwin to decipher and dissect his message(s)
    He's finished.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Bamford improved because of Bielsa. Bielsa put him under his wings because Paddy reminds of himself as a player. Marcelo comes from a very powerful and traditional family from Rosario Santa Fé big rich province, chris de burgh was born there as well.
    His family is very wealthy, real state brokers and investors, lawyers, and jurists.
    His sister was a senator now she his in a government office as a chief of something, and his brother chancellor of foreign affairs. He was kicked out of football because of his background, not because he was a crap center back.
    He was very well educated, etc, thats why they call him el loco, because he was already rich, he didnt need the money of football. we call this upper class people in Argentina plata vieja, means that their old money that comes from their great great great fathers and mothers.
    Last edited by Bielsa´s irish; 29/09/2020 at 2:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    If I was Kenny, I’d probably make a call and ask him if he’d like to declare. Few minute conversation. Simple yes or no. And if it’s a no, then move on...

I understand how fans feel, but if you’re Kenny, you’d feel as though Martin O’Neill might not have been the best person to initiate those conversations...
    That's ignoring Mick's attempts though, who made repeated efforts to get him on board. It seems he's never even bothered getting his Irish passport in order too, you'd think he'd do that at the very least.

He was just ignoring Mick's efforts in the end too, which doesn't sit well, but he may have been afraid of getting in too deep at that point and having to publicly declare one way or the other.

Regardless, I'd still welcome him to be honest, he's been straight up about his heavy preference for England, but also his reluctance to close the door on Ireland completely. It's not like he's been leading us on and his connection to Ireland is a strong one, why shouldn't he keep both doors open for as long as he likes?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    You're worse than an England football fan harking back to 1966 for an event so distant it's meaningless to most people. I think it's twice in the last week or two you've done this. It's pathetic and annoying. Grow up.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Watching him here versus City. He's not very fast. Not is Kane or McGoldrick but he doesn't look that skilfull. I would be surprised if he ever got an England cap. And, given his stance, I don't think he's good enough for us to call him up.

I hope all his mam's brothers that he spoke about being mad for him to claim for Ireland are able to admire his club caterer at least.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    He's good enough for our squad, but that isn't 't the issue.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Nearly scored a dramatic late winner with a beautiful diving header. Which his own keeper saved.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    He's good enough for our squad, but that isn't 't the issue.
    He is. But when I account for his stance, I don't think he is worth pursuing.

21. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    he is similar to Hogan and Collins. From the bunch of number 9 players avail
    , i will get Cillian Sheridan instead

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Big performance tonight, two of his goals were absolute gems. Leeds have some very good players, Harrison, Helder Costa, the young boy in goal, but you'd have to say on current form Bamford looks like their most important player at the moment.

Surely it's worth Kenny picking up the phone, we look utterly bereft of goal scorers, and he could be our best option for a good few years. If he says no fair enough, but we'll never know if we don't try.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Big performance tonight, two of his goals were absolute gems. Leeds have some very good players, Harrison, Helder Costa, the young boy in goal, but you'd have to say on current form Bamford looks like their most important player at the moment.

Surely it's worth Kenny picking up the phone, we look utterly bereft of goal scorers, and he could be our best option for a good few years. If he says no fair enough, but we'll never know if we don't try.
    What makes you think it has not been tried Plenty ?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast