Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: On a Question of Sport

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On a Question of Sport

Is the structure on the homepage of www.dublincityfc.com the bell-tower in Trinity College? If it is, let me express my outrage that a team claiming to be representative of all of Dublin City would use an image from UCD's greatest rivals to gather support. If the offending image is verified, let me assure you that the first you visit Belfield, whenever that may be, we will have a warm welcome for you.

It will be like a clash of the Titans when the massive UCD support sings witty and intelligent chants at the no doubt equally numerous DCFC crowd.

You have been warned.

(P.S. To the UCD lads; if you're reading this remember to come up with some witty and intelligent chants before we play Dublin City.)

Sheridan
    You'd have to ask Breifne what the structure is. It was formerly accompanied by a huge picture of Wesley Byrne, until this was tactfully removed several weeks after Byrne was placed on the transfer list.

Might be a while before we meet again (hands up anyone who missed Ireland's famous win at Twickenham in order to shiver at a rain-lashed Foster's Avenue when DC beat UCD 3-2 in a pre-season friendly? I was there!) I'll be sure to come up with some chants for The Derby though, watch this space!

PS: Want Jason Colwell back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    PS: Want Jason Colwell back?
    Why? What have you done to him? He was brilliant when he left us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    It is Trinity If you try to save it, the name of the pic is 'trinity'. Disgraceful stuff, although they are having similar levels of success to Trinity's under 21 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    hands up anyone who missed Ireland's famous win at Twickenham in order to shiver at a rain-lashed Foster's Avenue when DC beat UCD 3-2 in a pre-season friendly? I was there
    I was there for the first half before going to watch the rugby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    I was there for the first half before going to watch the rugby.
    I was proudly representing my University at the gruelling sport of Orienteering that day.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    Is the structure on the homepage of www.dublincityfc.com the bell-tower in Trinity College? If it is, let me express my outrage that a team claiming to be representative of all of Dublin City would use an image from UCD's greatest rivals to gather support. If the offending image is verified, let me assure you that the first you visit Belfield, whenever that may be, we will have a warm welcome for you.

It will be like a clash of the Titans when the massive UCD support sings witty and intelligent chants at the no doubt equally numerous DCFC crowd.

You have been warned.

(P.S. To the UCD lads; if you're reading this remember to come up with some witty and intelligent chants before we play Dublin City.)

You sound like Aberdonian Stu!

What's this got to do with a Question of Sport? I thought one of our games had been featured! Or Tony Mac in the Mystery Guest Round...!

I watched the entire game before heading over the Montrose to polish my shoes clean for the remainder of the rugby game. Hate rugby!

Incidentally, when will we play Dublin City again?