Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Shels doing well in Europe is important for all LOI teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I wouldn't worry too much about Liechtenstein. They are fairly irrelevant. They can only ever have one team (their cup winners i.e. Vaduz) in the UEFA Cup and no CL representation as they have no professional league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Oh yeah thats a good point !!

But i am sure if they rise enough then they would get a champions league spot???
    they do have a league of some sort only i think that useless crowd dont play there..

it moves all irish teams down the list one place in the uefa cup too? only 1 spot but for every year we dont put teams/leagues away like that they rise above us and we fall further behind

Shels have been great in europe this year but the 1 error we made was with the icelandic side when we coudnt beat them either home or away ( i know i know we tried to do that !! ) but im just saying its important when playing teams close to your ranking that you at least keep it even in terms of coefficient points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Shelbourne have a club coefficient now so if they win the league are certain to be seeded in the champions league 1st qualifying round.

Drogheda/Cork/Bohs would be seeded next season if they win the league unless another club with a coefficient below them wins their domestic league - only one I know of is Bikirkara of Malta who are already 4 points behind Sliema Wanderers after 4 games. So if Drogheda etc pull it off they will take a keen interest in the Maltese league for the rest of their season.

We're a long way off an automatic 2nd round spot - what would help is if our 3 teams were seeded in the first round of the CL and UEFA and made progress. We've been very unfortunate in the past 3 years as each season one of our best equipped sides at the time have ended up in the Inter Toto and while all did us proud and the league proud there are no points available for it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All teams from Liechtenstein play in the swiss leagues. vaduz are a second division team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12