Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Chris Hughton's Shirt from the win over England in 1988

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chris Hughton's Shirt from the win over England in 1988

I was just wondering if there had been any news coverage in Ireland about Chris Hughton's shirt from the match in Stuttgart which sold at Christie's in London on Tuesday for £1100?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Emmet,

Tell me you didn't fork out that kind of cash and if so who did?

Darragh

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't buy it, no! I did bid up to £1000 (which would have nearly killed me financially!) Someone else wanted it more........I've no idea who though!

It is by miles the most expensive Irish shirt that I've heard of though!

Emmet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Your a lunatic! But of course you must already know that. Hell of a shirt though. New shirt is nice lookin enough. Hope we wear it in Paris. Can't stand the dodgy one that makes us play badly against the Swiss.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah yeah....I've known that for ages! My therapist says I've made a lot of progress though......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    on the topic of the irish away shirts their worst or most disappointing results in memory have been wearing their away strips against Italy in 90 Holland 94 Macedonia (twice) Spain 2002 Turkey (99) Belgium i think (97) Holland (95) Switzerland (03) thats normally a bad omen also i have noticed is if Jimmy Magee was commentating, im telling ye lads its a conspiracy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inexile
    on the topic of the irish away shirts their worst or most disappointing results in memory have been wearing their away strips against Italy in 90 Holland 94 Macedonia (twice) Spain 2002 Turkey (99) Belgium i think (97) Holland (95) Switzerland (03) thats normally a bad omen also i have noticed is if Jimmy Magee was commentating, im telling ye lads its a conspiracy
    I doubt any of those games would have been any different if we were wearing the green jersey. We're plain and simply shíte away from home (i hope that changes in 2 weeks from today though).

I personally think the white jersey much nicer than the green one.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inexile
    I think - if I remember correctly - the second game against Macedonia, Holland 95, Belgium 97 and Turkey 99, the lads all played in green. Also - being an eyewitness to the event - we played in white when the senior team won their only cup in history (Iceland Mickey Mouse Cup 86). Also what about the great performances in white?: Holland 1990 (OK only a draw but it gained us second place in the group and avoided Germany) and Portugal in Boston in 92 (Figo, Rui Costa, etc all playing but we stuffed them 2-0)...erm...that's it.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!